What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Davis Webb transfers to Cal, spurns CU

No Webb was not scared of competition. That narrative is completely false. Webb wants to play in the NFL. He that is why he is transferring. He felt like Cal gave him a better shot at doing so, and based off of the most recent NFL draft, I don't blame him. CU had 0 players drafted. I am sure that didn't help us at all.

Come on. You can't tell me that have an established starter at one place and not at the other didn't play at least some role in the choice. His NFL aspirations would be slightly complicated by not even being a starter his final season.

The smart thing for CU to have done would have been to come to an agreement that Sefo would redshirt if Webb choice to come here. From our perspective this would increase the chances of getting Webb and assuming we did we could then have Sefo in 2017 as opposed to an unknown. From Sefo's perspective he has more time to improve his play and to heal from his injury (which he may need regardless), and gets an extra year of college life and more free education.

So we have a coach that has CU in contention for true blue-chip QBs for the first time since 2003, and he nearly lands the top senior QB in the nation when CU hasn't sniffed a bowl game in over a decade, and I am supposed to be pissed at MMac?

Not sure if people are being sarcastic or just stupid.

0550e0630e27661e7b5b18fc58bec79c17f698723f75f361c6598abd94a5a603.jpg

To Steven Montez - May you be the second coming of Darian Hagan and lead us to the kind of season that will make Davis Webb wish he had honored his word. May you go on to give us several good years as a starter and play some pro ball before you move on to life after football.

To Davis Webb - You blew it youngster, you really blew it. You may think you are setting yourself up for something special at Cal by making this change and at the same time, feigning continued interest in the Buffs to hedge your bets, but all you really did was show you know nothing about honor and integrity. Cal make have stolen a quarterback, but at this point, they are not getting much of a man. You can laugh at the so-called "haters" but we all know what you are.

To Sonny Dykes and Cal - Fans like the friendly, neighborhood bear that frequents this site are about the only redeemable thing about your program. I wish you nothing but the worst season you can possibly have.

This is all I have to say about this.

So we have a coach that has CU in contention for true blue-chip QBs for the first time since 2003, and he nearly lands the top senior QB in the nation when CU hasn't sniffed a bowl game in over a decade, and I am supposed to be pissed at MMac?

Not sure if people are being sarcastic or just stupid.

0550e0630e27661e7b5b18fc58bec79c17f698723f75f361c6598abd94a5a603.jpg

Has he landed the blue chips and did he land jones and webb? Unless guys are actually buffs and play here, what in your post says I should be happy with any aspect of his 10-27 tenure here?

Didn't this already happen once this offseason with a 4* type, or was that last offseason? I seriously can't remember because this type of thing happens so much at CU.

By the way, some of you are so ****ing delusional that it blows my mind. This guy, who is projected #1 senior QB in the nation, doesn't want to come to CU because he doesn't want to compete with Sefo? The guy who is injured and at the bottom of the conference even when he's healthy? Get a clue. We have the worst QB play in conference every year. No one isn't coming here because the competition is too good.

This staff can't recruit. They will win no more than 4 games this year. They need to go. CU needs to stop going to the bargain bin on football coaches or we will continue to be the worst BCS program in the country.

Sefo and Montez now the focus. Pissing my own leg is done. Changed into big boy pants now and time to move forward with the guys we have.

Dykes wants out of Cal so badly. Going 7-5 with the NFL #1 pick at QB (4-5 in a down Pac-12) didn't give him the juice to get out of there for a better job despite him shopping his name for every opening this past offseason. So he's desperate to do whatever he can to somehow eek out a winning season this year so he can get a job anywhere else. If it takes going after a QB after who'd signed a financial aid agreement with someone else in the conference, refusing to say anything good about the QBs on his roster or that anyone was close to winning the starting job, sitting his front 7 in the spring game the QB target attended and not allowing any blitzing in order to make the OL look much better than the mess it is... and whatever else... he is desperate enough to do anything. And this is not going to succeed. Cal is, at best, 5th place in the North this season. 3-9 / 4-8 team this season.

Last edited:
By the way, some of you are so ****ing delusional that it blows my mind. This guy, who is projected #1 senior QB in the nation, doesn't want to come to CU because he doesn't want to compete with Sefo? The guy who is injured AND is incredibly far below par? Get a grip.

So Webb told you he didn't want to come to CU because he was afraid of competition with Sefo? If so, then you were close enough to the young man to bring him to Boulder and failed, I blame you! If he did not personally tell you this, you do not know his reason. I heard Sefo complained to coaches that Webb was recruiting players to CU and stating he was going to be the starter - Sefo needed a pacifier to stop crying. MMac, folded and told Webb to cease and desist, which upset him and prompted Webb to begin looking. So, blame Sefo, blame MMac.

But how can you blame a young man who made a business decision? Webb believes he can play in the NFL. He had a few options, ultimately he chose the better looking option. Blame MMac for not turning around CU faster, it is still a bottom tier program. If you went in for a job interview and they offered you on the spot, but you asked them for 10 days to make up your mind (and they were okay with that), who's fault is that? 10 days later, the candidate chooses the best option for him and informs the first company he has chosen to move on. Company A should have had a contingency plan. This is, in fact, business - ask Rick George. Ask MMac once he is fired at the end of this season for another 2-3 win season, since he has tied his wagon to Sefo. Both of them have proven they are not capable to make the right decisions at this level.

It is going to be a long season, with empty seats at Folsom. Davis Webb is not the reason CU will miss Bowl season again.

So Webb told you he didn't want to come to CU because he was afraid of competition with Sefo? If so, then you were close enough to the young man to bring him to Boulder and failed, I blame you! If he did not personally tell you this, you do not know his reason. I heard Sefo complained to coaches that Webb was recruiting players to CU and stating he was going to be the starter - Sefo needed a pacifier to stop crying. MMac, folded and told Webb to cease and desist, which upset him and prompted Webb to begin looking. So, blame Sefo, blame MMac.

But how can you blame a young man who made a business decision? Webb believes he can play in the NFL. He had a few options, ultimately he chose the better looking option. Blame MMac for not turning around CU faster, it is still a bottom tier program. If you went in for a job interview and they offered you on the spot, but you asked them for 10 days to make up your mind (and they were okay with that), who's fault is that? 10 days later, the candidate chooses the best option for him and informs the first company he has chosen to move on. Company A should have had a contingency plan. This is, in fact, business - ask Rick George. Ask MMac once he is fired at the end of this season for another 2-3 win season, since he has tied his wagon to Sefo. Both of them have proven they are not capable to make the right decisions at this level.

It is going to be a long season, with empty seats at Folsom. Davis Webb is not the reason CU will miss Bowl season again.

You should re-read my post. Your reply reads as if you understood the tone of my post to be the opposite of what it actually is.

Good luck to webb wish he would have handled things better. I don't think cals oline is very good either.
I'm sure there is more to the this story that will come out soon enough.

Back