What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Davis Webb transfers to Cal, spurns CU

chiv keeps it classy - problem is the head guy. go back to his first campaign as head coach for the buffs..one of his pregame "pep" talks centered on the movie "finding nemo"
I kid you not. he lost every kid on the team with that one. also during that season..there were several incidents where a buff running back or sefo took borderline illegal shots after the whistle...O line guys went after the perps and hcmm pulled them from the game...see: munyer at oregon st and harris at az state. that is not big boy ball. the S and C guy was a glorified crossfit instructor...he set things back two years at least. There are some hilarious stories about him when he was at stanford. It took matt mcchesney to shake things up on that front. as folks on here have mentioned...hcmm whiffed on original DC and OC. those are large mistakes to make when trying to right a teetering ship.

HCmm is a nice guy..but should be put in charge of raising $ not running a P5 program

This blows my mind. A kid who supposedly told the coaches he was still going to CU the night before he says he's going to Cal, and the DC Tweets that?? The kid just pooped on CU and all the coaches. Our coaches are soft.
Being classy blows your mind? Flip tables in private, show class in public. I guarantee you that our players, currently committed recruits, recruits that are close to committing, and recruits that are on our radar took notice in a very positive way.

DC handled this perfectly. The only one to blame in all of this is Webb. He strung us along until we had no other options then hung us out to dry. Classless, bush league move by a guy who should know better by this time in his life. I hope nothing but the worst for him.

Why did DC say anything at all after being lied to? He's basically saying it's okay for kids to lie to coaches. That's the tone there guys are setting. CU is the worst college team in CFB and we have coaches that are okay with this BS. How the hell
Do you lose two incoming QB transfers..Wait till the wheels start falling off this fall.
Being classy blows your mind? Flip tables in private, show class in public. I guarantee you that our players, currently committed recruits, recruits that are close to committing, and recruits that are on our radar took notice in a very positive way.

I'm a little surprised Chev is getting a pass for this. He's the recruiting coordinator. He's the guy that brought Webb in and got the commit and the credit. He's the guy responsible for shutting down non-Webb QB recruiting. He got played. His guy put the team in a real bad spot.

Not a good month for Chev overall.

Hahahaha...like fricking grammar matters on a goofy football site!!!!! Anytime you want to match degrees...or bank accounts....drop me a line or give me a call...LOL...heres my email addy...cubuffs82@gmail.com....lets chat!!!!

$ + degree smack. Congratulations on your successes. I look forward to hearing so much more about both. What brands of clothes are you currently interested in? Do you carry a nice handicap? What golf course do you belong to? What are you driving these days? Again, congratulations, and a raised glass of high end whiskey to more monetary and academic successes to come!

$ + degree smack. Congratulations on your successes. I look forward to hearing so much more about both. What brands of clothes are you currently interested in? Do you carry a nice handicap? What golf course do you belong to? What are you driving these days? Again, congratulations, and a raised glass of high end whiskey to more monetary and academic successes to come!
I am quite comfortable with both the degree I have and the income I make. I am also 3 years out of school, so maybe if I have a few years to catch up I can match his greatness.

I know you have a huge bank account but seriously, how big is your pickup truck?
image.png

I'm a little surprised Chev is getting a pass for this. He's the recruiting coordinator. He's the guy that brought Webb in and got the commit and the credit. He's the guy responsible for shutting down non-Webb QB recruiting. He got played. His guy put the team in a real bad spot.

Because Chev has been the best recruiter for the Buffs in the last decade in less than 6 months.

Two 4* WR verbals helps, as does the fact that without Chev, Davis Webb wouldn't have even considered us in the first place. The familiarity edge we had between Webb and Chev, was quickly erased when Cal hired Spavital.

I'm more confused at the people giving Webb a pass for reneging than I am at people giving Chev a pass for not being able to retain him.

Serious question: what shots are over the top? MacIntyre has not proven much of anything and only his hardcore supporters would say otherwise.
I agree that he hasn't proven anything or that he can get it done. But I don't think we need "Who's the next coach" threads, either. And if folks are going to blame Mac for not being able to close the deal with Webb, then blame Chev too. Wasn't he the one recruiting Webb the most? That's a rhetorical question because I don't blame anyone on the staff. But, yeah, Mac had better get it done this year and the QB situation is pretty troubling. The odds of success at that position just decreased with Webb's decision. But that doesn't mean we can't have success at QB.

Chev has earned earned enough goodwill among fans this spring to weather this QB recruiting setback. Up until yesterday, this was the most fun we've had following recruiting in years, largely due to what Chiv brought to the table.

More fans might go from tolerant to impatient should DC's influence on the offense as co-OC deliver the same-ol' same ol'.

Because Chev has been the best recruiter for the Buffs in the last decade in less than 6 months.
That doesn't excuse the back breaking whiff on the biggest need this offseason. He gets an attaboy for the good stuff, but a big "you ****ed up" for this one.

Probably put more pressure on him to not take other visits.
I suppose I could see a scenario where Chev learns of his dalliance with Cal and tells him to A) re-commit to CU and publicly put the Cal rumors to rest or B) de-commit from CU and turn in his financial aid agreement. There's risks involved in taking these actions, but in hindsight, it's about the only thing I think Chev could have done differently and it probably wouldn't have changed the outcome.

Back