What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Joseph will be a good fit. No co-ordinator experience, we need an experienced coach that is creative.

HCMM has been making the rounds to a lot of CA high schools the past two days. I think we have to believe they've found their guy, agreed in principal and are waiting for said coaches' team is done in the NFL playoffs before they announce.

I think they legitimately like the Detroit DC.
Don't want to turn this into a Broncos thread, but this is new this morning:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak, a former Broncos quarterback and longtime assistant coach, will interview for Denver's head coaching position this weekend, according to league sources, and one of the Broncos' other top targets, Detroit Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin, has removed himself from consideration for the job, according to ESPN's Josina Anderson.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ak-interview-denver-broncos-head-coaching-job

Don't want to turn this into a Broncos thread, but this is new this morning:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak, a former Broncos quarterback and longtime assistant coach, will interview for Denver's head coaching position this weekend, according to league sources, and one of the Broncos' other top targets, Detroit Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin, has removed himself from consideration for the job, according to ESPN's Josina Anderson.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ak-interview-denver-broncos-head-coaching-job

Can we bump all this stuff over to the "Broncos Offseason" thread? All of this stuff has been posted over there and Jens has done a great job of updating.

Speculation was that CU would have its DC this week. I'm getting anxious. Stupid of me, I know, but I can't help it.

I've thought that every day since like Dec 29th
tumblr_lysfje4fq31qdov6yo1_400.gif

Speculation was that CU would have its DC this week. I'm getting anxious. Stupid of me, I know, but I can't help it.

Oh, no, they were talking about finding their new Designated Caterer. After approaching The Med, Pasta Jay's, Illegal Pete's, and Mountain Sun, they opted for Taco Bell, citing innovation with breakfast food as a leading factor.

Here's hoping for an announcement by Sunday. I'd be surprised but happy with a Vance Joseph hire.

With HCMM back out on the recruiting trail, I have to think they have found their guy and are just waiting to announce the hire. On the other hand, I have no ****ing clue.

With HCMM back out on the recruiting trail, I have to think they have found their guy and are just waiting to announce the hire. On the other hand, I have no ****ing clue.

Or they are not close to finding someone and he needs to keep recruiting regardless.

"With HCMM back out on the recruiting trail, I have to think they have found their guy and are just waiting to announce the hire." - Undefeated like 5 posts prior

"With HCMM back out on the recruiting trail, I have to think they have found their guy and are just waiting to announce the hire." - Undefeated like 5 posts prior

"No one may post a similar thought to mine or I will act like a douchebag." - Undefeated like right now

MacIntyre out on the recruiting trail is not necessarily a sign we are close. The contact period for head coaches is a pretty small window.

HCMM has been making the rounds to a lot of CA high schools the past two days. I think we have to believe they've found their guy, agreed in principal and are waiting for said coaches' team is done in the NFL playoffs before they announce.

Why do you come to that conclusion? The dead period is over and signing day is looming in the next few weeks so MacIntyre has to be recruiting. I am assuming in is making his one allowed in-home visit to several recruits and has a small window of time to do so - why does that tie into the DC hiring?

Why do you come to that conclusion? The dead period is over and signing day is looming in the next few weeks so MacIntyre has to be recruiting. I am assuming in is making his one allowed in-home visit to several recruits and has a small window of time to do so - why does that tie into the DC hiring?

I understand that. I've felt for a while now that the new DC is someone on an NFL staff that is still in the playoffs. I would think getting a defensive coordinator in place would be the top priority right now and if it's not someone on one of those staffs, then what the hell is taking so long? I find it hard to believe we don't have someone "locked in" for DC and our head coach is just putting it off until after he visits some recruits. Would seem to me that someone coaching the current players might take priority over a visit to a potential future player. I could definitely be wrong, though, and it's all conjecture at this point.

Last edited:
I would find a burrito supreme with green sauce instead of red to be an acceptable candidate for DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back