What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screams NFL guy that is still in the playoffs to me. We either have our guy, or we are waiting to see whether our current top target accepts the offer. I'm just speculating of course, but....

this certainly makes me think it's SETO. Again. :lol:

He'd be a good hire as a DL Coach if Jeffcoat is moving back to the NFL or something.

Bring in Gary Gibbs too, and they can tell the team stories about how soft players have gotten since they got rid of leather helmets and let them wear facemasks. Pussies.

Screams NFL guy that is still in the playoffs to me. We either have our guy, or we are waiting to see whether our current top target accepts the offer. I'm just speculating of course, but....

this certainly makes me think it's SETO. Again. :lol:

I'd sell my soul to make that happen

Definitely makes me hopeful for Seto. Next week at the earliest is the Superbowl bye week. Would be ecstatic if it was Seto.

True. Especially Pats. Belichick & MacIntyre part of the same Parcells circle.
The con is that the Belichick coaching tree sucks ass. Nonetheless, I will be rooting for the packers to run all over the seahawks en route to a victory. :lol:

True. Especially Pats. Belichick & MacIntyre part of the same Parcells circle.

Lol was about to post the same thing.

Colts staff seems pretty slim. Roy Anderson may be an option, but not sure how I would feel about that. Currently the Safeties coach with Indy, but was the Seconday Coach/Defensive Assistant Coach for the Baltimore Ravens (the years with the good defenses) prior to the position with the Colts. 10years coaching experience, so he fits the younger requirement, but not much else to suggest a connection at the moment.

Last edited:
I looked and I didn't see any coaches that seemed to "fit." It could easily be a coach from another team who is waiting for the NFL coaching carousel to end

Dan Quinn the DC for Seattle is rumored to be the lead guy in ATL. If he left, would have to imagine Seto would be offered the DC position by Carroll.

Dan Quinn the DC for Seattle is rumored to be the lead guy in ATL. If he left, would have to imagine Seto would be offered the DC position by Carroll.

I think the only shot with Seto is if he gets stuck at his current position somehow. He was already passed over apparently when they hired Quinn a couple years ago. If that happens again, then maybe, maybe CU would look like a better option.

He's gotta move on from Carroll eventually. Maybe he likes the college game more. Or not. who knows.

Also on that staff is Kris Richard, secondary coach. 3 years coaching but already responsible for arguably the most dominant position group in the league. Would be risky, but might be a good one.

Ron Zook is currently an assistant special teams coach with the Packers.

Heard LSU had interest in him for DC job, but turns out that was just his agent floating it. Maybe he wants to get back into the college game?

Heard LSU had interest in him for DC job, but turns out that was just his agent floating it. Maybe he wants to get back into the college game?

I think a lot of jobs would look good to him compared to being an assistant special teams coach.

Teryl Austin pulled out of the Broncos Head Coaching race today. It could be that he sees Kubiak as the only guy that has a chance, or it could be that his 2nd interview with ATL went very well and he feels confident that he will be getting the job. If that's the case, things don't look good for Quinn getting out of Seattle this year. In that scenario, Seto would be in prime position to end up in Boulder.

Teryl Austin pulled out of the Broncos Head Coaching race today. It could be that he sees Kubiak as the only guy that has a chance, or it could be that his 2nd interview with ATL went very well and he feels confident that he will be getting the job. If that's the case, things don't look good for Quinn getting out of Seattle this year. In that scenario, Seto would be in prime position to end up in Boulder.

Not necessarily unless you believe Seto's only shot is in Seattle, there are other DC openings out there.

Zook would be a homerun hire for CU. Beyond his defensive and special teams chops, he has always been a fantastic recruiter.

If it somehow ended up that Seto came here as DC and Zook came as STC, I'd have to head to the doctor about 6 hours after the announcement.

:smile2:

Zook would be a homerun hire for CU. Beyond his defensive and special teams chops, he has always been a fantastic recruiter.

If it somehow ended up that Seto came here as DC and Zook came as STC, I'd have to head to the doctor about 6 hours after the announcement.

:smile2:
Jinxing mofo, dont u have a trip coming up or something? Lol jk.

CoachingSearch.com says "Don’t be surprised if former Duke defensive line coach Rick Petri lands on Skip Holtz’s staff at Louisiana Tech."

Why does the DC have to be on one of the Final 4 teams in the NFL playoffs? It could just as easily be a coach who is just waiting for the NFL coaching carousel to finish

It doesn't. It just makes more sense that way

And our unicorns always crap rainbows of hope and glory. Until they don't. It can't just be an nfl guy. It has to be a great nfl guy. The crushing weight of lofty expectations is the remaining vanity of our weary fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back