What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing NFL or a smaller school type guy. If it was an ACC school or something I imagine that school would have leaked something

seems like a DC from another school and part of the deal was to wait until after NSD so the recruiting class isn't impacted.

If they manage to hire someone who most people on this board would have been happy with had they known who it was at, say the end of December, and have managed to finalize the deal, and have done it with no leaks, then:

1. They should share their methods with the NSA & CIA, and
2. It should help immensely in potential future searches.

It's a whole lot easier for top notch candidates to "explore the possibility" of coaching here when they know they can do so without it becoming public knowledge, and that meaningfully improves the pool of candidates from which we can hire. I think the food cart disaster hurt our reputation on this more than a lot of people realize - especially after we had long established an ability to interview, and sign (or not sign in the case of Osborne*) fairly high profile candidates and deals without any serious leaks until maybe the day before a public announcement (see Barnett and Hawkins hirings, as well as the conference switch).

*it wasn't until well after the fact, and when no damage could be done to either party's reputation, that it widely became known that Osborne and CU had reached an agreement where he would leave NU to replace Fairbanks at CU only to have Dr. Tom back out because he couldn't "face his team and tell them he was leaving." This was of course after the express reason for everyone keeping the deal a secret was so that he could tell his team directly instead of them learning about it elsewhere. On this one I actually believe his story because he hadn't yet been fully corrupted in the pursuit of everlasting NU football glory (young coaches should take notes: establish a reputation early as a principled coach, it enables far greater scope to do very shady things later on), and he didn't get a significant raise/extension shortly after it all went down.

I'm going to stick to the premise that it is an NFL guy, and that this has been worked out for a while now, at least in principle. Also, I have heard that this will be the highest paid DC in CU history, although that probably isn't much of a statement since I think Baer was prior to his departure.

I don't follow Adam, but I genuinely don't think Ringo has any clue what has been going on, despite his chats where he talks about multiple targets refuting interest in the job. It is probably pretty frustrating for the media guys to be so out of the loop since stuff always leaked during the Bohn tenure.

If it's the highest paid DC in CU history than it must be a guy with a proven track record

MM should drive down to Pueblo and offer Hunter Hughes the DC job if he doesn't already have one picked.

MM should drive down to Pueblo and offer Hunter Hughes the DC job if he doesn't already have one picked.
We're **** out of luck the next time we need to make an I25 hire then, there's no more schools in Colorado.

If we have been talking to a few college coaches that are currently employed, it's to nobody's benefit to disclose these things. Certainly an assistant at another school is not going to leak this. He may have permission from the HC, but he's sworn to keep it under wraps so as not to F up the recruiting class.

CU is bound by that same promise. Confidentiality is observed when guys already have a job, especially in January.

Leaks happen when guys are trying to plant leaks to get their contract redone.

The way it's being kept a secret is strange.

We're in serious repeat mode here, but it isn't strange at all. A position coach at a college likely would make an agreement to not announce until after LOI day, whether to get out of a contract, or to remain in good graces with the HC, etc. We'd probably need to agree as part of the terms even though we might anyway as part of the fraternity.

Does seem less likely to be an nfl guy then.

Does Colorado College have a good coordinator that we could nab?

I am sure they did when they still had a program. I believe Valor's HC would be great if he can get commits from McCaffrey and any other DI talent right?

The dead horse is beat. I've said it, others have said it, it should be announced tomorrow at banquet (if not, then Friday) and is most likely an agreement to keep quiet between a guy that finished up helping in recruiting OR coached this past Sunday. Otherwise, it was kept this quiet because the hire is actually MM promoting himself and picking up some no names as assistants to help aid him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back