What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread was almost comical when it started and that was on January f**king 6th - it's not real funny anymore.

If Nik going out of town gets us verbals, then me going out of town this week will probably yield an announcement that Mac hired Tom Lavigne as his DC. Probably good that I just stay in hiding then.

One rumor has Raheem Morris going to Atlanta as their DC. Which leaves kris Richard to be DC at Seattle. If this is the case Seto or Norton could be available to DC at CU. Or maybe someone else. It is amazing how quiet they have kept this search.

I don't know if I've ever seen a search like this with zero news, especially these days. We have to hire more than one coach too right?

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 17m17 minutes ago
Broncos linebackers coach Richard Smith will likely be the defensive coordinator with the Falcons. He'll run the run defense.

Would Ken Norton Jr. or Seto make the lateral move with Quinn? Doubtful. Both most likely stay in Seattle, but maybe one wants to move forward and comes to Boulder?? Probably not, but we can dream a little.

If Quinn does not take a coach from Seattle to be his DC, then I think there may be some quiet optimism that we could snag one of either Seto or Richards. Could the reason for the quiet be to also avoid tampering? Does that happen with NFL to NCAA jobs?

I don't know if I've ever seen a search like this with zero news, especially these days. We have to hire more than one coach too right?
This is Denver we're talking about Luke. If CU was in the National Championship Game, it'be be relegated to page 5 of the Denver Post sports section after the special on the Denver Bronco's cheerleaders.

If Quinn does not take a coach from Seattle to be his DC, then I think there may be some quiet optimism that we could snag one of either Seto or Richards. Could the reason for the quiet be to also avoid tampering? Does that happen with NFL to NCAA jobs?
The tampering rules don't apply between the NCAA and NFL, separate entities. RG and MM have shown they want to do things the right way so if (and that's a big if) its someone from a current NFL staff playing games, they'll keep it hush hush to not be a distraction for that coach still coaching.

The tampering rules don't apply between the NCAA and NFL, separate entities. RG and MM have shown they want to do things the right way so if (and that's a big if) its someone from a current NFL staff playing games, they'll keep it hush hush to not be a distraction for that coach still coaching.

Ok that is what I thought, just wasn't sure. If they are waiting on a defensive coach from either of the teams playing, that would be a huge huge win for the program.

Makes sense,can you say Kubiac?? Does that ring a bell...

I hope you are right, but it was just announced that Seattle's DC will be the next HC in Atlanta. Seems like a DC leaving would be a larger distraction than a position coach. And even if MM and RG have a secret handshake as to keeping the candidate out of the news, I don't think they could contain a name getting leaked from a third-party. Seems more likely they are a rudderless ship at the moment. I guess this comes down to optimism versus pessimism, but even if a coach in the Super Bowl was a perfect fit, it doesn't make sense to make the announcement after the Super Bowl - way too late in my opinion.

I hope you are right, but it was just announced that Seattle's DC will be the next HC in Atlanta. Seems like a DC leaving would be a larger distraction than a position coach. And even if MM and RG have a secret handshake as to keeping the candidate out of the news, I don't think they could contain a name getting leaked from a third-party. Seems more likely they are a rudderless ship at the moment. I guess this comes down to optimism versus pessimism, but even if a coach in the Super Bowl was a perfect fit, it doesn't make sense to make the announcement after the Super Bowl - way too late in my opinion.

If our guy is an NFL guy currently headed into the big game, I too have a hard time believing that an NFL player, fellow coach, wife, child, agent, or other person in the know could keep their tweets and Facebook posts of congratulations under wraps this long. Hence, there are no leaks because there is nothing to leak.

I hope Im wrong.

If our guy is an NFL guy currently headed into the big game, I too have a hard time believing that an NFL player, fellow coach, wife, child, agent, or other person in the know could keep their tweets and Facebook posts of congratulations under wraps this long. Hence, there are no leaks because there is nothing to leak.

I hope Im wrong.
:stupid:

I think the wait is more due to the fact that they missed on their short list of tier 1 candidates, and now that they've expanded the search, it's taking a long while to sift through a deep pool of position coaches or lower division coordinators or anybody looking for a promotion. I would imagine without firsthand knowledge, it's difficult to differentiate between a lot of these guys. We're certainly having trouble coming up with names. It's gotta be especially painstaking when MacIntyre knows he's really got to get it right with this hire.

I think the wait is more due to the fact that they missed on their short list of tier 1 candidates, and now that they've expanded the search, it's taking a long while to sift through a deep pool of position coaches or lower division coordinators or anybody looking for a promotion. I would imagine without firsthand knowledge, it's difficult to differentiate between a lot of these guys. We're certainly having trouble coming up with names. It's gotta be especially painstaking when MacIntyre knows he's really got to get it right with this hire.
Most likely, but I still hold out hope our new DC is coaching in the Super Bowl.

Do we all TRULY BELIEVE our next DC is coaching in the Super Bowl? Take off the Black and Gold glasses and REALLY LOOK at who we are, the career path we offer and where we rank in the football universe (college and pro). I love this program dearly, but this is not a great destination for a coach these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back