What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Objection! Pure speculation, your honor!

Reminds me of my favorite moment from The Simpsons:

Judge:
Mr. Hutz w've been in here for four hours. Do you have any evidence at all?
Lionel Hutz: Well, Your Honor. We've plenty of hearsay and conjecture. Those are kinds of evidence.

Utah is a cluster ****, regardless of their OC and DC search.

Once our search went past the first couple weeks, the timetable made no difference to me. Obviously would be nice to have someone in place for the start of spring ball, but we know MacIntyre has very specific ideas what he wants to do on defense, so........whatever.

I don´t think anyone has a ****ing clue what is going on with this search, as clearly evidenced in the 84 pages on this thread. Insiders who usually get info are not sharing and are suggesting that Dal Ward has been shut down and even people who work for the AD don´t know.

I personally don´t hold much hope that it is a coach in the NFL on one of the Super Bowl teams. In fact, as SD suggests above, I don´t really care, and in fact, would be considered if it was someone who has been a long time in the NFL as we all know recruiting and coaching 17-22 year old kids is a whole other ball game.

I either hope that it is someone we can all say makes a ton of sense as a DC for a Pac team, or is a young up and comer like a Lindgren where HCMM is going to take the lead running the D. The worst scenarios for me are: A.) another Baer type DC who is on their way down and not showing quality results on the field where he is now or B.) a position coach from Podunk U who has been there long enough that if he was good enough would have gotten more responsibility there or been recruited elsewhere.

Once our search went past the first couple weeks, the timetable made no difference to me. Obviously would be nice to have someone in place for the start of spring ball, but we know MacIntyre has very specific ideas what he wants to do on defense, so........whatever.
Sorry SD, but that's moving the goal posts too far. That would be a joke.

How do you feel about Utah?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The school that lost its DC and DL coach to another conference school? The school that had very a public spat between the HC and AD this offseason? I mean, I guess they we are not totally losing this offseason? Cool. I guess.

How do you feel about Utah?

Better facilities(right now) including a barber shop, been to a BCS bowl more recently, both football and basketball ranked this year, better recruiting class in football, actually have a 2015 bball class.

The fact that they don't have a DC, is not quite such a big deal and isn't comparable to the fugged up situation at CU.

Better facilities(right now) including a barber shop, been to a BCS bowl more recently, both football and basketball ranked this year, better recruiting class in football, actually have a 2015 bball class.

The fact that they don't have a DC, is not quite such a big deal and isn't comparable to the fugged up situation at CU.

Missed the point

If someone had posted back on Dec. 22nd that the new hire would be pushing up against signing day, Tini would have shouted down that poster.

I don't care about the reasons. Everything this school touches becomes a cluster ****.

This. Do they use the jump to conclusions mat?

When it comes to hiring, firing, PR, branding, budgeting... Call in the consultants!! CU's go to for decision making.:lol:

If someone had posted back on Dec. 22nd that the new hire would be pushing up against signing day, Tini would have shouted down that poster.

And I bet you would continue to try and troll as a mod by not taking a stance

I have a feeling when the hire is announced my feelings will be "we waited this long for this?"

And I bet you would continue to try and troll as a mod by not taking a stance

What stance am I not taking? I think the search has taken too long and I highly doubt the hire is going to "wow" anyone.

You move the goalposts more than anyone on this site. I mean, do you seriously think the search has gone smoothly? Because you seem to be arguing with anyone who suggests anything of the sort.

What stance am I not taking? I think the search has taken too long and I highly doubt the hire is going to "wow" anyone.

You move the goalposts more than anyone on this site. I mean, do you seriously think the search has gone smoothly? Because you seem to be arguing with anyone who suggests anything of the sort.

Do I think it has gone smoothly? No. Do I think it's some big embarrassing cluster****? No. I've been pretty consistent with saying none of us know **** about what's going on. I don't really recall you taking a stance on who you think we should hire.

Do I think it has gone smoothly? No. Do I think it's some big embarrassing cluster****? No. I've been pretty consistent with saying none of us know **** about what's going on. I don't really recall you taking a stance on who you think we should hire.

I would have been fine with anyone on that initial hot board. I know it was not necessarily the guys we were looking at, but it was a good list.

But if I had a top guy, it would have been Todd Orlando.

I wouldn't have been wowed by Gibbs. Don't remember ever being wowed by any coordinator hire at CU. People wanted Baer gone, he is. I am totally expecting to have never heard of the new DC. CU's biggest "get" as a coordinator over the past decade was probably Mark Helfrich, the QB coach and passing game coordinator at ASU. Had never heard of him until he was hired.

I wouldn't have been wowed by Gibbs. Don't remember ever being wowed by any coordinator hire at CU. People wanted Baer gone, he is. I am totally expecting to have never heard of the new DC. CU's biggest "get" as a coordinator over the past decade was probably Mark Helfrich, the QB coach and passing game coordinator at ASU.

I never expected to be wowed by the hire, but I did and do expect a hire that reasonable people can agree is a clear upgrade. Either a younger assistant coach on a clear upward trajectory or a somewhat seasoned guy with decent experience. Baer was a questionable hire from the start.

I would have been fine with anyone on that initial hot board. I know it was not necessarily the guys we were looking at, but it was a good list.

But if I had a top guy, it would have been Todd Orlando.

I thought Orlando would be the guy we'd go after once Gibbs fell through

If that's true, then he should just take over as defensive coordinator, himself.

Bring in some young eager recruiters to be the position coaches.

Profit.

this search, from the outside looking in (and not just us crazies critiquing it but the media too), has been a cluster ****.

it has taken too long. it, thus far, hasn't delivered a result. any result, good, bad, or mediocre.

to break out of cycles of badness, you have to be bold, fast, and creative. i get that the AD was taken aback by the depths to which we have sunk. i understand. the answer then is to be even more aggressive-- offer more money, more years, more responsibility. sell the deal if you can't sell the state of the program.

we need a good hire here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back