What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Derek Mason, Vanderbilt HC

With all the rumors about Mason I'm trying to find something to like. Here's what I've found although his Vandy record scares me!
In 2012 he was the AHC/DC at Stanford and had the best defense (Points Against) in the PAC12 (1st and 2nd separated by 38 points)
In 2013 he was the AHC/DC at Stanford and again had the best defense (PA) in the PAC12 (1st and 2nd separated by 56 points)

With all the rumors about Mason I'm trying to find something to like. Here's what I've found although his Vandy record scares me!
In 2012 he was the AHC/DC at Stanford and had the best defense (Points Against) in the PAC12 (1st and 2nd separated by 38 points)
In 2013 he was the AHC/DC at Stanford and again had the best defense (PA) in the PAC12 (1st and 2nd separated by 56 points)
Yes. He is an excellent DC. He's also a good motivator with a pretty fiery personality.

Problem is that he hasn't won as a HC. I could maybe get past that a little bit because I am open to looking a bit beyond the record. As a CU fan, you have to in order to realize the error of the Hawkins hire and the reason for sticking with Macintyre beyond his 2nd or 3rd season.

What cinches it for me is that even if I'm trying to be as generous as possible in my evaluation, this is Mason's list of all-time recruits he is credited for: https://247sports.com/coach/Derek-Mason-726/

Every time I open this bazaar board, and Mason's thread is on the top, my asshole puckers.

Can't RG just come out and say that Mason, Leavitt, and Wells are not candidates at this point? Just for my personal sanity?

Much like we are not switching leagues for any one personal fan’s enjoyment, the amazing leak-free CU AD will not change his process for your sanity. Besides, all 3 are coming on the new staff! Bazinga?

I'm sorry, but whenever you hire away someone on a hots seat who's record is worse than the guy you just fired, you get laughed at.

Yeah, we shouldn’t be a career lifeboat for the guy we hire. I wouldn’t think RG would hire like MM.

What do we know about his staff? All I've got is Ludwig (his OC) has coached like everywhere, Tarver (DC) ran bad defenses with the Raiders, and CJ Ah You is a damn good recruiter.

We can all breathe a sigh of relief!

tenor.gif

Back