What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Did our 3 Pac-12 losses say more about CU or our opponents?

cal still has better athletes than us. so does Arizona. we will need much better play to win any more conference games.

I get the impression from watching Cal that they are having a lot of difficulty adjusting to the new coaching. Whatever Dykes is trying to do, he's not getting through to the players.

cal still has better athletes than us. so does Arizona. we will need much better play to win any more conference games.

Yep. That said, there's no reason both games can't be competitive at home. Cal almost seems like they are just playing out the string now.

Yep. That said, there's no reason both games can't be competitive at home. Cal almost seems like they are just playing out the string now.
those 2 plus an upset = my November hope that I wish to maintain until it is actually November.

We got smashed in all 3 games.

At Oregon State.
Home vs Oregon.
At Arizona State.

Beavers are going to be 6-1 after tonight. They crushed a good Wazzu team the weak after playing us and are boatracing Cal tonight.

Oregon is on a collision course with the national championship game.

ASU beat Washington like a redheaded stepchild today.

I'm not saying that CU is better than we think. I'm saying that maybe we don't know. The teams we lost to would crush at least 90 of the other FBS teams this year.

Arizona in Folsom will tell us a lot next week.

I think ink we have played the three best teams in the conference at this point. On any given night ASU has the ability to play like a top 10 team.

I think ink we have played the three best teams in the conference at this point. On any given night ASU has the ability to play like a top 10 team.

I think UCLA and Stanford could easily be considered in the top three along with UO at this point.

I get the impression from watching Cal that they are having a lot of difficulty adjusting to the new coaching. Whatever Dykes is trying to do, he's not getting through to the players.

That's exactly how it looked last night. They may have better athletes than us but their execution was really poor. Half the time the O wasn't on the same page and the D was very inconsistent.

If we just play our game and consistently execute I think Cal rolls over by halftime and we win. We just have to come out really fired up and confident and the game will be ours by half time.

I was reading Bear Insider this morning and came across a interesting post. It basically said that the only time Dykes has had a good offense was when he had a bunch of 4th and 5th year players, i.e. Last year at Louisiana Tech.

Sent from a red light

UA at home is a game we can win. Not saying we will, but we can. Unfortunately, the forecast right now is that it's going to be a beautiful night next Saturday, instead of 25 degrees.

Yeah but the forecast for TODAY that was given a week ago was that it would be sunny and in the 60s. And its 40 and drizzley right now. Weather forecasts are notoriously wrong out here.

I was reading Bear Insider this morning and came across a interesting post. It basically said that the only time Dykes has had a good offense was when he had a bunch of 4th and 5th year players, i.e. Last year at Louisiana Tech.

Sent from a red light

Hiring an OC as a Head coach is a crap shoot. Dykes has no real record as a HC and frankly, I wouldn't say Arizona was that crazy good on offense when he was there either. He had a hell of a qB and some good WRs though.

What scares me are the two long, time consuming drives Charleston had today. I don't think our D can stop even a mediocre offense. Oregon and ASU let off the gas.

Agree, unfortunately. OSU and ASU could have both gotten into the high 70s. And to Buffnik, what's really scary is the there are 3 or 4 SEC teams that could beat OSU and ASU handily. U of A's running game is going to kick our ass next week.

After a little reflection, I think our first three conference games said a lot about both our opponents and us. Our opponents showed that they are very good and capable of dominating teams that are much worse than they are, while we showed that we are still way behind them in terms of talent.

Agree, unfortunately. OSU and ASU could have both gotten into the high 70s. And to Buffnik, what's really scary is the there are 3 or 4 SEC teams that could beat OSU and ASU handily. U of A's running game is going to kick our ass next week.

Yeah. I would definitely count most of the SEC among the 30.

But for those of you who like to gamble, I'll just say that this bowl season would not be a bad time to look into a "Pac-12 Parlay". Conference is stacked and simply has the best QBs this year.

Back