What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Does it bother anyone that JE would not be a candidate for any of these openings?

NotSureIfTrollingorJustStupid.jpg
:stupid:

The win AT Utah gives me hope. Otherwise, I think I would pi$$ed that our gy would not even make a short list.

Need to win.

****. The rep I just gave you was supposed to be neg rep. When I recharge, I'll zap you a couple of times and get you back to red. It was great that you played nice for a few days, but this ridiculously leading question reveals more of your agenda.

At first I thought oligarchy but now leaning towards the pentaverate

bring me a shrubbery. and a double-bastard ale. and 3 apple fritters. and a couple of tacos. and 4 toothpicks. and 16 rounds of .40 FMJ. and 2 clove flavored cigarettes. and a bottle of 4 roses. and 3 mean-spirited romanian hookers.

stat.

****. The rep I just gave you was supposed to be neg rep. When I recharge, I'll zap you a couple of times and get you back to red. It was great that you played nice for a few days, but this ridiculously leading question reveals more of your agenda.
My rep stick doesn't hit as hard anymore but I got him for ya.

Rip me all you want....but how many BCS programs will HIRE an alumni w no cordinator expierence that is on nobody else's short list this cycle. My guess is none.

Lots of BCS openings this year, we will see.

I actually like JE.....down on MB.

Rip me all you want....but how many BCS programs will HIRE an alumni w no cordinator expierence that is on nobody else's short list this cycle. My guess is none.

We don't care whether or not you are right, retard. We care about the reason you made the thread. So shape up or **** off.

If you like him, then why ask the question? You motivation is elsewhere.

So you like Embree, but you're down on Bohn for hiring him? That certainly makes sense to me... :rolling_eyes:

So you like Embree, but you're down on Bohn for hiring him? That certainly makes sense to me... :rolling_eyes:

I like the guy. Does not mean he was ready to take over a BCS program. You can't make that connection? Hard not to like a guy like JE, IMO.. Does that mean he was the best possible hire????

I like the guy. Does not mean he was ready to take over a BCS program. You can't make that connection? Hard not to like a guy like JE, IMO.. Does that mean he was the best possible hire????
Clearly you don't like the guy. What's wrong with you? You're questioning the hire, therefore, you don't like him. "The best possible hire"? Shut up. Boring redundant posting may have been acceptable on other boards. Stop regurgitating topics that were started by someone smarter than you years ago.

Seriously .. why even respond to this dip**** troll? :huh:

Just ignore him ... maybe he'll get the message and go away like the annoying little brother he is.

Sorry to hurt feelings, but let's see what BCS program out there hires the inexpensive alumn w no Cordinator/HC experience. Does not mean JE is not a good/great guy. If other programs go that route, then I stand corrected. Surprised you guys are so sensitive.

Why get upset BC I point out that lots of hires are about to happen and I bet MB is the only AD that chose this path.

Btw, anyone hearing Peterson to UCLA?

Last edited:
Sorry to hurt feelings, but let's see what BCS program out there hires the inexpensive alumn w no Cordinator/HC experience. Does not mean JE is not a good/great guy. If other programs go that route, then I stand corrected. Surprised you guys are so sensitive.

Why get upset BC I point out that lots of hires are about to happen and I bet MB is the only AD that chose this path.

Btw, anyone hearing Peterson to UCLA?
Asshole, no one has hurt feelings. Our lack of hurt feelings have nothing to do with who you are and what you're about. JE's hire has nothing to do with you trolling. We know what happened. I don't care if you "like" Embree as a person. We already chose a path. We're committed. You, clearly are not. What's your motivation for asking an old, recycled, answered question?

Last edited:
Every one has to start somewhere, even Lombardi was a chance early in his career. I just rewatched the game on my DVR, and i must say the Utah game has got to be the best game we have played in a long time. Despite the lack of talent, you could see that the team was coached well. Go and rewatch all of Tony Jones running plays and Tyler Hansen runs in the game, the blocking was NFL quality, poetry in motion.

For the money invovled to hire a staff, and for the happiness of the fans, and the best chance that he would stick around for the long haul if he had success..yes, he might have been the very best choice. The absolute best choices for short term success probably would not come here for the money we offered, and would not stay as soon as bigger money was offered.

Embree probably would be a candidate for some positions if he pursued them but the big positions aren't going to consider him because he doesn't have much experience as a HC and wasn't a coordinator before hand. Some of the less prominent positions would love to have him as an applicant but nobody mentions his name because they know he isn't going anywhere.

Embree is going to make it or break it at CU, I don't see how he would have any interest in other jobs and thoes ADs know it so nobody bothers to mention his name.

If we end up in a bowl next year you will start to hear his name mentioned but again I don't see any way he would be interested in leaving.

yep ! I was just about to say that

Chuck Fairbanks, Rick Neuheisel and Dan Hawkins had lots of HC and Cord experience. That worked out well for us.

Chuck Fairbanks, Rick Neuheisel and Dan Hawkins had lots of HC and Cord experience. That worked out well for us.
1. Slick Rick didn't have a lot of either, and none of at least 1.
2. HaLkins (spell it right) was never a coord.

Back