What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Early 2015 Season CU Buffs Football Predictions

Very simple: don't engage. Or put on Ignore. And I disagree that Statistics is "basic math". That's a 3000 level course at CU.

Typed with thumbs.

This thread was unreadable with every 3rd post being blocked ('Tini in ignore) and another 3rd quoting the ignored post. You may not realize how much garbage there was to wade through when you only check in once or twice a day.

Very simple: don't engage. Or put on Ignore. And I disagree that Statistics is "basic math". That's a 3000 level course at CU.

Typed with thumbs.
This is the right answer. Banning for that was inappropriate. He is only half of the equation. These actions seem much more like bullying.

Typed with thumbs.

Not motivated to look up, but I'm calling BS - there almost has to be a 1000/2000 level intro to stat class.

in econ, it was a 3000 level course. its probably a pre-req for those nerds in the math building.

It was 3000 level in the Business School also and you could NOT pass out of it with AP Stat in high school.

Regardless, tini is wrong that statistics are simple and if he knew that, he'd understand that throwing out a bunch of statistics he reads on other websites doesn't prove anything. He would be banned 76% less.

Typed with thumbs.

Not motivated to look up, but I'm calling BS - there almost has to be a 1000/2000 level intro to stat class.

in econ, it was a 3000 level course. its probably a pre-req for those nerds in the math building.

A statistics throw down at Casa Bonita in our future. :popcorn:

....and speaking of Casa Bonita... Everyone always says "the food sucks there". I actually think it is pretty good, the sopapillas are actually awesome. Truth known, everyone thinks the food is good??
It does need some cleaning and a little updating, but the atmosphere there is Really Cool. We have taken my, now adult daughter, there for every birthday for about 18 years :wow:. It kinda snowballed on us...started a tradition, and then have to see it through now...

....and speaking of Casa Bonita... Everyone always says "the food sucks there". I actually think it is pretty good, the sopapillas are actually awesome. Truth known, everyone thinks the food is good??
It does need some cleaning and a little updating, but the atmosphere there is Really Cool. We have taken my, now adult daughter, there for every birthday for about 18 years :wow:. It kinda snowballed on us...started a tradition, and then have to see it through now...

Ewwwwww.

Those QB's were so bad. Laka Laka is a threat that hopefully our D-Line is ready for. Also, I hope that aussie kicker of theirs is gone. Those rugby punts gave me a heart attack every time.

Second half observation: I hate bubble screens.

Last edited:

Can I treat your daughter to a nice fancy dinner at Olive Garden some time?

Sopapillas = good

Everything else on the menu = frozen TV dinner.

Margaritas are pretty good too. And the water isn't bad.
I have found that the perceived quality of margaritas is directly proportionate to the number of children in the immediate vicinity of the consumption of said margarita.

Not at CU. At least there wasn't when I was there. Stats is typically a class filled with Juniors. That's when I took it. The best C+ I ever earned.

Not at CU. At least there wasn't when I was there. Stats is typically a class filled with Juniors. That's when I took it. The best C+ I ever earned.

:stupid: It was one my happiest days of my life to be done with that ****ing class in the b-school. I still have nightmares about some of those problems and I am, well let's just say I am well past 35 years old. That class was like a ****ing clown!

Depending on whether one is an applied math or theoretical math major you may not take statistics at all. Theoretical mathematicians think of stats like a car enthusiast would think of a Ford Pinto (Hey that isn't a car, that's an explosive device!)...of course explosives experts would argue that the Pinto is in fact a car. They both have valid points. Applied math majors have this oddly perverse love of statistics....but lets be honest, the cumulative IQ of all the applied math majors at CU at any given moment won't typically add up to the IQ of one theoretical mathematician...

Hmm, and now that I have gone full nerd on all of you, can we get back to football?

Not for ECON that I'm aware. The stat classes I took went Intro to Stats, Intro to Econometrics, and then Applied Econometrics. There was also Financial Econometrics, but I didn't take it unfortunately.

Depending on whether one is an applied math or theoretical math major you may not take statistics at all. Theoretical mathematicians think of stats like a car enthusiast would think of a Ford Pinto (Hey that isn't a car, that's an explosive device!)...of course explosives experts would argue that the Pinto is in fact a car. They both have valid points. Applied math majors have this oddly perverse love of statistics....but lets be honest, the cumulative IQ of all the applied math majors at CU at any given moment won't typically add up to the IQ of one theoretical mathematician...

Hmm, and now that I have gone full nerd on all of you, can we get back to football?
We all just got 'CitizenKaned!' (THANKYOUSIRMAYIHAVEANOTHER!!!)

Business Stats SUUUUUUUUUUUCKED! I counted down every day until that class was over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Business Stats SUUUUUUUUUUUCKED! I counted down every day until that class was over.

For sure. Our teacher came in and essentially told a hundred or so students they were essentially stupid because we didn't get it. Teacher sucked, class sucked. That was a few years ago though...when Reagan was president.

For sure. Our teacher came in and essentially told a hundred or so students they were essentially stupid because we didn't get it. Teacher sucked, class sucked. That was a few years ago though...when Reagan was president.

[emoji23]. Same. Don't think stats changed all that much when Clinton was president. Worst part - my mom was a college stats professor and could believe that I was such a dumb.

In his defense, I don't think he was wrong in your case. Essentially.

[emoji23]. Same. Don't think stats changed all that much when Clinton was president. Worst part - my mom was a college stats professor and could believe that I was such a dumb.

LOL. I didn't mean stats changed...I was inferring the teacher now has changed but people's experience with sadistics hasn't. :lol:

Back