What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Early 2015 Season CU Buffs Football Predictions

"Handily beat Hawaii" is not how I would describe our team in that game last year.

Don't think anyone is claiming that Wittek is the next Pryor. Just pointing out they will be much improved with a capable QB. Like our D, their O can't get any worse. An average Offense from Hawaii would have likely given us problems last year.

That's fair. I just think people are being a little inconsistent. How do some people predict a bowl appearance, which would require 3 Pac 12 wins (probably 2 of which would have to come on the road), yet say CU is going to really struggle with Hawaii or even lose? If we're a good enough team to beat AZ at home, OSU on the road, WSU on the road, Utah on the road or get any one of the upsets stated in the prediction thread, why should CU struggle with Hawaii?

That's fair. I just think people are being a little inconsistent. How do some people predict a bowl appearance, which would require 3 Pac 12 wins (probably 2 of which would have to come on the road), yet say CU is going to really struggle with Hawaii or even lose? If we're a good enough team to beat AZ at home, OSU on the road, WSU on the road, Utah on the road or get any one of the upsets stated in the prediction thread, why should CU struggle with Hawaii?

Because its game 1 and its an away game. Its also not a normal away game or at a normal time. It is the farthest travel all year, which has the worst time difference and also starts at 11pm local time. Not to mention the islands are full of distractions. Lots of reasons to think game 1 could be iffy.

"Handily beat Hawaii" is not how I would describe our team in that game last year.

21-6 first half is dominating. The offense clearly struggled in the 2nd half, but the defense only gave up 2 FGs. It's all relevant. As far as 2014 Colorado Buffaloes Football Team is concerned, they didn't handily beat Hawaii.

Because its game 1 and its an away game. Its also not a normal away game or at a normal time. It is the farthest travel all year, which has the worst time difference and also starts at 11pm local time. Not to mention the islands are full of distractions. Lots of reasons to think game 1 could be iffy.

As I mentioned before, all those reason essentially surround the fact that it's an Away game. That's fine, but it's really the only tangible reason I can see to be worried.

As I mentioned before, all those reason essentially surround the fact that it's an Away game. That's fine, but it's really the only tangible reason I can see to be worried.

It is because of where the away game is. Not just that its an away game.

It's also game 1 in a new scheme for them on both sides, why do people ignore that but continue to pump up Wittek who has done little at this level at a loaded school?

It's also game 1 in a new scheme for them on both sides, why do people ignore that but continue to pump up Wittek who has done little at this level at a loaded school?

Because its game 1 for us in a new scheme on the side of the ball that will be dealing directly with an improved offense. I have all the confidence in the world that Leavitt will be turning around the D, but he hasn't shown us anything yet. Its all hope at this point.

I was merely explaining why Game 1 in Hawaii is tough for a variety of reasons that don't even have to do with the team we are going to go play.

Because its game 1 for us in a new scheme on the side of the ball that will be dealing directly with an improved offense. I have all the confidence in the world that Leavitt will be turning around the D, but he hasn't shown us anything yet. Its all hope at this point.

I was merely explaining why Game 1 in Hawaii is tough for a variety of reasons that don't even have to do with the team we are going to go play.
If you're going to bring up our DC change, you can't ignore them and their changes. It makes no sense. How do you know their offense will be improved in game 1 of a new system? Hawaii has had highly rated guys before at QB and haven't panned out or done much. I realize it's a low bar, but it's entirely possible. Wittek isn't Moniz and can't extend plays with his feet, he makes Sefo look like Mariota moving around.

If if you bring up their offense being improved against our new D, well our offense to has improved most likely with our coach being a stud and the 3rd year with the same coaches.

Ignoring half the the equation when analyzing something doesn't make much sense to me.

If you're going to bring up our DC change, you can't ignore them and their changes. It makes no sense. How do you know their offense will be improved in game 1 of a new system? Hawaii has had highly rated guys before at QB and haven't panned out or done much. I realize it's a low bar, but it's entirely possible. Wittek isn't Moniz and can't extend plays with his feet, he makes Sefo look like Mariota moving around.

If if you bring up their offense being improved against our new D, well our offense to has improved most likely with our coach being a stud and the 3rd year with the same coaches.

Ignoring half the the equation when analyzing something doesn't make much sense to me.

And you are ignoring the impact of an away game 3365 miles away in one of the most beautiful and distracting places in the country while playing probably the latest kickoff in our history.

Our D is likely improved with the hiring of our DC and the improvement of players. Their O is likely improved due to the new OC and the addition of more talented players.
Our O is likely improved due to consistency and maturity. Their D is likely worse due to the loss of their DC and the hiring of a second tier DC.

Yes based on the offensive and defensive comparisons we should win. On paper. But you are ignoring the impact of a game that far away, in that location, that late at night. Game 1 is always a guessing game for both teams, but the home team has the advantage. That is just how it is.

And you are ignoring the impact of an away game 3365 miles away in one of the most beautiful and distracting places in the country while playing probably the latest kickoff in our history.

Our D is likely improved with the hiring of our DC and the improvement of players. Their O is likely improved due to the new OC and the addition of more talented players.
Our O is likely improved due to consistency and maturity. Their D is likely worse due to the loss of their DC and the hiring of a second tier DC.

Yes based on the offensive and defensive comparisons we should win. On paper. But you are ignoring the impact of a game that far away, in that location, that late at night. Game 1 is always a guessing game for both teams, but the home team has the advantage. That is just how it is.
I'm not ignoring it being in Hawaii, but I also don't think their HFA is nearly as significant as some are making it out to be. The start time is irrelevant to me, they're college kids who are used to being up late and the coaches are making adjustments for the practice time to compensate a bit.

I'm not ignoring it being in Hawaii, but I also don't think their HFA is nearly as significant as some are making it out to be. The start time is irrelevant to me, they're college kids who are used to being up late and the coaches are making adjustments for the practice time to compensate a bit.

Its not the HFA I am worried about. Its the being in hawaii that I am worried about.

Also sure college kids are used to late nights, but there is a difference between staying up until 3am playing FIFA and kicking off a D1 football game at 11pm and executing until 3am.

Its not the HFA I am worried about. Its the being in hawaii that I am worried about.

Also sure college kids are used to late nights, but there is a difference between staying up until 3am playing FIFA and kicking off a D1 football game at 11pm and executing until 3am.

Adrenalin will easily fix that

I could easily see this team being MUCH better in Game 13 than Game 1.

...right

Look, most people on this board expect to win the game. Vegas expects us to win the game. However there are very valid reasons to have serious doubt.
You're right the players won't be pumped to be playing a real game and it's past their bed time of 9PM sharp.

Seems ms like a new excuse everyday for this game.

I suspect most people who think we may struggle against Hawaii are not predicting a bowl appearance.

You're right the players won't be pumped to be playing a real game and it's past their bed time of 9PM sharp.

Seems ms like a new excuse everyday for this game.
I haven't seen any excuses. I've seen legitimate concern. I don't want to go into it with you as I know where it will go, but people have legitimate concerns that CU could struggle or even lay an egg. You don't think so. That is fine and we will find out soon enough.

I haven't seen any excuses. I've seen legitimate concern. I don't want to go into it with you as I know where it will go, but people have legitimate concerns that CU could struggle or even lay an egg. You don't think so. That is fine and we will find out soon enough.

It's not that I don't have those concerns, where most of my issues with the discussion on the game is the flawed thought process, specifically about staff changes. I've been the subject to death though so it's probably not worth it to keep discussing it.

Back