What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

early thoughts on the 2008 schedule...

I really don't understand the love affair with Neuter Dumb. How many conference championships do they have? ZERO. That's how many they have. NONE. The last time they were relevant, their coach had to pump up his team by telling them that CU was living a lie. That was nearly 20 years ago.

Why only look at the last 10/11 years? Because McCartney was a special coach who could recruit, that's why. When analyzed in terms of facilities, fan support, and what we pay our coaches, the results of the last 10 years are pretty much in line with those inputs.

Well with that logic, let's do this. When talking about the success of Florida State we will omit the last 31 years because Bobby Bowden is a special coach who can recruit, that's why.

I really don't understand the love affair with Neuter Dumb. How many conference championships do they have? ZERO. That's how many they have. NONE. The last time they were relevant, their coach had to pump up his team by telling them that CU was living a lie. That was nearly 20 years ago.

They are overrated, but I don't think you can really say CU has been that much better than them over the last 10 years. You said CU "passed them a long time ago." I guess I am missing something here.

Well with that logic, let's do this. When talking about the success of Florida State we will omit the last 31 years because Bobby Bowden is a special coach who can recruit, that's why.

If, in the coming years, FSU is paying their new coach nothing more than an average D-1 salary, attendance drops, facilities are neglected, and half the fan base can't understand why they didn't sustain the success of the Bowden years, then I will agree with you.

The point is that CU, to some extent, caught lightning in a bottle with Mac. They don't have the money to go out and throw huge $$$ at a top-flight coach, so the next best bet is to try and get lucky with a young up-and-comer. They did it once with Mac (worked), again with Neu (didn't work), obviously they're trying to do it again with Hawkins. There's nothing wrong with that, but it puts us in the same boat as 70-80% of the programs out there.

Notre Dame is in a conference? Are we talking football? or basketball?

Notre Dame went to the Fiesta Bowl in 2005 and the Sugar Bowl in 2006.

Notre Dame is in a conference? Are we talking football? or basketball?

Notre Dame went to the Fiesta Bowl in 2005 and the Sugar Bowl in 2006.

That's my point. And yes, they went to the Fiesta Bowl and Sugar Bowl and got the ever living hell beat out of them both times. They were like Hawaii playing Georgia. They are NOT a good football team.

That's my point. And yes, they went to the Fiesta Bowl and Sugar Bowl and got the ever living hell beat out of them both times. They were like Hawaii playing Georgia. They are NOT a good football team.

Hate to break it to you, but CU hasn't been a good football team for a while now either.

I'm certainly not one to defend ND, but they did have a pretty good team in 1993 when they beat a great FSU team, and 2 years ago they came within a whisker of knocking off USC, and had they won that game that would've put them in the thick of the national title race. At least until Texas would've kicked their ass. :smile2:

Hate to break it to you, but CU hasn't been a good football team for a while now either.

Point 1: When Colorado has a losing season, America doesn't see the whole of every one of their blowout losses on national television.

Point 2:

2001: 10 wins
2002: 9 wins
2003: 5 wins
2004: 8 wins
2005: 7 wins
2006: 2 wins
2007: 6 wins

Not astronomically good numbers, but with or without the media smear campaign against CU taken into consideration, that's better performance than the vast majority of programs in this country have been producing.

Just out of curiosity, do you enjoy rooting for the Buffs and Broncos at all, or do you just follow them so you can bitch about them?

Reactions: dio
Point 1: When Colorado has a losing season, America doesn't see the whole of every one of their blowout losses on national television.

Point 2:

Not astronomically good numbers, but with or without the media smear campaign against CU taken into consideration, that's better performance than the vast majority of programs in this country have been producing.

Just out of curiosity, do you enjoy rooting for the Buffs and Broncos at all, or do you just follow them so you can bitch about them?

Lame RM, but then I expect nothing less from you. This **** where you call me out for being a bad fan is getting old.

Sacky made the point that CU had passed Notre Dame long ago. I don't believe that to be true. Both programs have had their struggles (regardless of different circumstances). You can call me a bad fan. You can say I'm stupid. It doesn't mean you're right.

I think the program has loads of potential. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for your posting.

Lame RM, but then I expect nothing less from you. This **** where you call me out for being a bad fan is getting old.

Sacky made the point that CU had passed Notre Dame long ago. I don't believe that to be true. Both programs have had their struggles (regardless of different circumstances). You can call me a bad fan. You can say I'm stupid. It doesn't mean you're right.

I think the program has loads of potential. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for your posting.

Great post, Rep delivered.:thumbsup:

Point 2:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good post, reppppp

My point about passing ND was made partly in jest. It was in response to Valdez's comment that we're not at the level of USC or ND. Perhaps a better response would have been to ask why he chose to put those two schools in the same category. I think we can all agree that they are not.

I sincerely fail to see your point here. What does having fans show up at away games (in hole in the wall locales, no less) have to do with being able to become a top flight program?

You might as well have said "CU will never be a consistent 10 win program, their pants are way too black".
Bowl reps take serious consideration of the away support and travel habits of teams. It's all about $. If they can get a team that plays away from home with a large fan following, then they'll take them over a team that may be better but doesn't travel with a large amount of fans. It's all about more people filling the hotels, bars, and restaurants. The better the bowl - the bigger the $, and the economy of the host city wants $, not the best team.

My point about passing ND was made partly in jest. It was in response to Valdez's comment that we're not at the level of USC or ND. Perhaps a better response would have been to ask why he chose to put those two schools in the same category. I think we can all agree that they are not.

Now that I can agree with. USC is on another level from Notre Dame, no doubt about it.

Bowl reps take serious consideration of the away support and travel habits of teams. It's all about $. If they can get a team that plays away from home with a large fan following, then they'll take them over a team that may be better but doesn't travel with a large amount of fans. It's all about more people filling the hotels, bars, and restaurants. The better the bowl - the bigger the $, and the economy of the host city wants $, not the best team.

your last two lines sum up the problems of the current bowl system

I think they are very similar in recruiting rankings. I think they are vast worlds apart in on-field performance.

Back