What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ed Rush and officials being investigated for targeting Zona

Look man. Animal rights is a serious issue. My masturbation practices may contribute to my content production but I would NEVER denigrate a beautiful creature of the sea with such language.

Nah. I just think he makes sure to flog the dolphin before blogging to make sure he's calm and collected.

At this point I fail to see any advantage in keeping Rush around and ongoing negatives to keeping him.

Unless Scott is thinking something completely different that everyone else the only question at this point is how do they remove him from his position and minimize future damage.

At this point I fail to see any advantage in keeping Rush around and ongoing negatives to keeping him.

Language NSFW

[video=youtube;pVKm4xJdKyY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVKm4xJdKyY[/video]

Look man. Animal rights is a serious issue. My masturbation practices may contribute to my content production but I would NEVER denigrate a beautiful creature of the sea with such language.

And here I was trying to be careful not to offend with that post.

Polish the bishop? Didn't use because I didn't know your religious proclivities.

Knock the snot out of Ruben? Assault.

Rough up the suspect? Police brutality.

Badger the witness? Got to be sensitive to the feelings of the AllBuffs lawyers.

Burp the baby? Too soon since the Sandusky trial.

Clean the rifle? Again, too soon, in consideration of the tragedies of the past year.

Liquidate the inventory? Not in this economy.

Punch the midget? Can't offend little people.

Tame the shrew? Drawing any reference to Shakespeare in relation to your blog is more offensive than the others.

So, in short, the lesson here is to flog before you blog.

P.S. **** dolphins. Tuna fish sandwiches taste better with more dolphin in them.

I believe that Pac-12 officials have taken on the NBA mentality in a bad way. Personal likes and dislikes of coaches and players influences their officiating. Further, there is a level of ego that should not be seen in officials and it rears its ugly head when something happens that embarrasses these officials.

My personal belief, and something for which no one will change my opinion, is that the national hubbub over the Chen shot in Tucson and Tad's statements afterward caused the Buffs to get boned by Pac-12 officials the rest of the season. This was especially evident in that the Buffs rarely got the majority of 50/50 calls when playing at home. It reached a head in the Arizona State game when the officials allowed thugball, lost control, and even called a foul on Jelly for a play on which he got knocked out by a blow to the head.

Ed Rush is responsible for this. The comments he made in the officials meeting regarding Zona's Miller were not, I believe, an isolated incident. Rather, these comments are a peek behind the curtain at the culture that Rush is creating. Larry Scott must move quickly and decisively to fix this issue. It compromises the Pac-12 competition along with the national brand image.

man, when you get it right, you get it right... do what you do best and send this note or a more pointed one to P12, ESPN, SI etc.... hit the nail on the head!!!

Can we just agree that some chickens deserve to be choked and move on?

Just heard Gregg Marshall on the Dan Patrick show and he called the Rush situation "B.S." Said there is no way a conference can keep Rush after that, that officials targeting coaches does happen, and it can't be allowed to happen. He also said that it is "very possible" officials have done that to him during his career... :huh:

Larry Scott has decided to dig in. He's going to keep digging to the point where the hole is too deep. Its getting close already.

Like the Ukraine.

Especially when that colleague's ability to perform their job is based entirely on the whims and judgment of everybody that is involved with the "joke".

Ukraine is game to you?!?

Larry Scott has exactly the wrong background to handle this sort of issue - he cut his teeth in professional tennis. Think about the historic handling of officiating issues in tennis. He's handling this the same way, and it doesn't translate.

You win and "Flog before you blog" could very well be the tagline of any forthcoming blog ventures.

And here I was trying to be careful not to offend with that post.

Polish the bishop? Didn't use because I didn't know your religious proclivities.

Knock the snot out of Ruben? Assault.

Rough up the suspect? Police brutality.

Badger the witness? Got to be sensitive to the feelings of the AllBuffs lawyers.

Burp the baby? Too soon since the Sandusky trial.

Clean the rifle? Again, too soon, in consideration of the tragedies of the past year.

Liquidate the inventory? Not in this economy.

Punch the midget? Can't offend little people.

Tame the shrew? Drawing any reference to Shakespeare in relation to your blog is more offensive than the others.

So, in short, the lesson here is to flog before you blog.

P.S. **** dolphins. Tuna fish sandwiches taste better with more dolphin in them.

“@ESPNAndyKatz: A high-level non-Pac-12 coach said he won't schedule Pac-12 schools in non-conference while Ed Rush is coordinator of officials. No trust.”

“@ESPNAndyKatz: A high-level non-Pac-12 coach said he won't schedule Pac-12 schools in non-conference while Ed Rush is coordinator of officials. No trust.”

Wow! That oughta get Larry's attention. :popcorn:

It is baffling why so many managers stumble over the simpliest things. Scott didn't make these stupid comments, Rush did. Why does Scott keep digging a bigger hole? Just fire Rush and move on. If he continues to stonewall, he will lose credibility, which someday will cost him his job.

If I was Sean Miller I would file a grievance with the Pac-12 after every game next year.

I'll take the under. Still the top story on espn's home page. I have another question? As commish of the Pac 12 who oversee's Scott? Who's going to be pressuring him?

It would have to be the Chancellors of the Pac 12 Universities, wouldn't it?

It would have to be the Chancellors of the Pac 12 Universities, wouldn't it?
I would think it's the AD's, and you know at least one AD has a bunch of big donors calling him right now and telling him to make a stink...

If I was Sean Miller I would file a grievance with the Pac-12 after every game next year.

To what end?

I hear what you're saying, but I think Miller gets more points by taking the high road on this.

I would think it's the AD's, and you know at least one AD has a bunch of big donors calling him right now and telling him to make a stink...

I think it actually is the school presidents that serve the role of board of directors with the authority to hire/fire and set policy. The ADs would have an advisory roll and depending on the by-laws may have the authority to vote the wishes of the presidents but ultimately Larry Scott's boss is the presidents and only the presidents.

They were talking about this on Mike and Mike this morning. The Mikes were ripping Scott after hearing that multiple sources said that Ed Rush was not acting like it was a joke in the meeting. This isn't going away, and I hope it doesn't until Rush's ass is out the door.

Back