What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Email Todd Saliman About Transfer Rules

It seems like we are making up things to be outraged about at this point - just because some schill on Twitter says it and some morons run with it doesn't make it true.

I know that under MacIntyre & Mel (friends wife was on the S&C staff for both coaches) this wasn't even kind of true, I doubt it would change that much under a new coaching set since there would be nothing to gain by it, and they aren't comped on saving money at training table.
I do hope there weren't corners cut because of Phil's pressure on budget post-Covid and taking the millions from the P12 to cover the 2020-21 revenue shortfall. Things might have changed, but it's hard to be they'd skimp on food.

Basis from Kelli seems to be that players get significantly bigger after transferring and that she's heard multiple players complain about the food.

And Kelli Brooks honestly doesn't know **** and you can take any information and spin it. I like how she is going after the admin for changes, but this whole thing is nothing.
Just because she promised to give the AD $5or 6mil when she croaks does not make her an expert.
the only thing i would challenge about your assertion is as follows: kelli speaks to our players and their families. a lot. she must be hearing complaints about the food and the quantity of the food from the players themselves...

it sounds all too absurd to be true that they are not fed properly but if the players are dissatisfied with the food services then that needs to change right away.

this whole thing is yet another train wreck.

fire everyone.
Correction - she says she does all this on Twitter, this all started with her posting about our player being smaller and then morphed into "this must be our S&C programs fault." to we are starving players and they aren't growing.

The issue is we are recruiting undersized players and about 75% of the roster are underclassmen

Just because she promised to give the AD $5or 6mil when she croaks does not make her an expert.

Correction - she says she does all this on Twitter, this all started with her posting about our player being smaller and then morphed into "this must be our S&C programs fault." to we are starving players and they aren't growing.

The issue is we are recruiting undersized players and about 75% of the roster are underclassmen
all my q-style kidding aside, the only real question i have is if the players are not satisfied with the food, can't that be easily addressed?

this program definitely needs an enema.

I do hope there weren't corners cut because of Phil's pressure on budget post-Covid and taking the millions from the P12 to cover the 2020-21 revenue shortfall. Things might have changed, but it's hard to be they'd skimp on food.

Basis from Kelli seems to be that players get significantly bigger after transferring and that she's heard multiple players complain about the food.
violin GIF

When does Kelli find time to make her money?

Lots of kids complained about the food at the C4C my freshman year. Didn’t mean they were right, just meant they were entitled jerkoffs

Again, the food situation was fine when I and a few others were there several years ago. STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD AND EMAIL PHIL MORE PR0N UNTIL HES FIRED FOR CAUSE

we are just ASKING QUESTIONS like "when did rg start STARVING our players? don't you want to know the WHOLE TRUTH?????????????

i am sure bill gates and the illuminati have something to do with it as well. HAS ANYONE checked on this?

also, your sister walks like a cow girl today. you are welcome.
Most chicks that weigh 350 do, cowboy.

Lots of kids complained about the food at the C4C my freshman year. Didn’t mean they were right, just meant they were entitled jerkoffs

Again, the food situation was fine when I and a few others were there several years ago. STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD AND EMAIL PHIL MORE PR0N UNTIL HES FIRED FOR CAUSE
When my daughter did the soccer camp this summer there meals were all at C4C. I looked at the menus and thought she was going to starve because there is nothing on there that I thought she would eat. Turns out she loved the food. Biggest problem is that we never have the time to cook those kinds of meals and when we go out she still orders from the kids menu. I have a feeling that most of the complaints are from dudes that want nothing but steak and burgers and a bunch of unhealthy crap, while the Champions Center staff is busy preparing well balanced, highly nutritious meals that may not be immediately appealing to some of them.

Also several years ago when we toured the Champions Center we were told that each player had supplemental shakes / smoothies that were geared to their specific needs that they drank before and/or after workouts.

The punch cards (or digital equivalent) would be part of the meal plan that every on campus student would have.

When my daughter did the soccer camp this summer there meals were all at C4C. I looked at the menus and thought she was going to starve because there is nothing on there that I thought she would eat. Turns out she loved the food. Biggest problem is that we never have the time to cook those kinds of meals and when we go out she still orders from the kids menu. I have a feeling that most of the complaints are from dudes that want nothing but steak and burgers and a bunch of unhealthy crap, while the Champions Center staff is busy preparing well balanced, highly nutritious meals that may not be immediately appealing to some of them.

Also several years ago when we toured the Champions Center we were told that each player had supplemental shakes / smoothies that were geared to their specific needs that they drank before and/or after workouts.

The punch cards (or digital equivalent) would be part of the meal plan that every on campus student would have.
Yep. Most of the “food is bad” complaints on campus and in athletics are from the Dino nugget and pizza roll contingent who is upset about the healthy and good things to eat hahaha

It seems like we are making up things to be outraged about at this point - just because some schill on Twitter says it and some morons run with it doesn't make it true.

I know that under MacIntyre & Mel (friends wife was on the S&C staff for both coaches) this wasn't even kind of true, I doubt it would change that much under a new coaching set since there would be nothing to gain by it, and they aren't comped on saving money at training table.
Right?

There are honest to god fundamental and structural problems with the athletics program right now, and we're diverting attention because some kid wants cheesy poofs at every meal?

Fix the transfer and admission **** first, and then we'll focus on getting everyone capri suns.

Right?

There are honest to god fundamental and structural problems with the athletics program right now, and we're diverting attention because some kid wants cheesy poofs at every meal?

Fix the transfer and admission **** first, and then we'll focus on getting everyone capri suns.
Walk and chew gum

So what is all of this posting about the training table about? I gather there was some tweet from Kelli Brooks?

Hmmm a wealthy good looking woman with a twitter following. A little drama maybe? No, that never happens in that circle.

Phil and Rick don't deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore
My opinion?

RG's FB HC record: extended MikMac, understandable, but turned to crap. Contract fiasco 1.0; hired Melvin Huckster, couldn't retain, contract fiasco 2.0; strikes out on any HC any other school in the country might want, signs the worst HC at least since Fairbanks, and engages in contract fiasco 3.0.

Why would ANY organization let this guy have another bite at the apple?

All the while PD shackles the FB program while sipping chardonnay and eating brie, all while sucking up to his "peers" at Cal and Stanford.

My opinion?

RG's FB HC record: extended MikMac, understandable, but turned to crap. Contract fiasco 1.0; hired Melvin Huckster, couldn't retain, contract fiasco 2.0; strikes out on any HC any other school in the country might want, signs the worst HC at least since Fairbanks to ever coach at CU, and engages in contract fiasco 3.0.

Why would ANY organization let this guy have another bite at the apple?

All the while PD shackles the FB program while sipping chardonnay and eating brie, all while sucking up to his "peers" at Cal and Stanford.
FIFY

Kelli still banging away about the training table on Twitter.
I'm fine with it. I don't really buy the idea that it's taking away from the issues that matter. Saliman isn't going to see the training table criticism and say, "THAT'S IT YOU UNGREATFUL ****S, WHICH ISSUE DO YOU WANT ME TO FIX, THE TRANSFER PORTAL OR THE TRAINING TABLE BECAUSE I'M NOT FIXING BOTH!"

Again, walk and chew gum

Jon Embree never went to a bowl game.
But leftybuff is never right.

q: why are utah's players so much bigger than our's?

i am not sure we will EVER know the real answer to this. it is a mystery for the ages. BLUEBERRIES in the library with a spoon!

it is all good--- let everyone do their thing. as long as real changes are made, and they kinda have to be if CU wants to be able to be even minimally competitive in p5 sports, then stuff should be about to happen.

email todd.

the CUAD needs an atomic enema to expel all the bad stuff...

I'm fine with it. I don't really buy the idea that it's taking away from the issues that matter. Saliman isn't going to see the training table criticism and say, "THAT'S IT YOU UNGREATFUL ****S, WHICH ISSUE DO YOU WANT ME TO FIX, THE TRANSFER PORTAL OR THE TRAINING TABLE BECAUSE I'M NOT FIXING BOTH!"

Again, walk and chew gum
It's not an "Either/Or" situation. But I think that squeeky wheel gets the oil, and the transfer/admission issue is much more critical. I don't think the message that it has to be fixed should be diluted (I recognize I am probably overinflating the importance of fans/boosters raising the attention of this)

Back