What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embree

we should send a bunch of CU co-eds to Petrino's house to lure him over. I would rather be a dirty program that wins than a clean program that can't even beat csu

Maybe Embo should call McElwain and ask how he thinks CU is doing things. That seemed to work pretty well after the OSU game last year.

Folks, I know the Hawkins experience was painful and that he was retained for too long, but can we wait longer than one game into year two of Embree's tenure before calling for Bobby Petrino?

Folks, I know the Hawkins experience was painful and that he was retained for too long, but can we wait longer than one game into year two of Embree's tenure before calling for Bobby Petrino?

Those are just knee jerk reactions. Let people respond to the loss in their own way.

This was a horrible loss so no.

CU can not wait to long this time. If there is no change in team preparation in the next game or two, then he needs to go. In today's college sports the longer you wait, the deeper the hole gets. Embree needs to make some coaching changes or something - if he just sits back making comments about how young CU is, then he needs to go. Empty the bench and start finding out who wants to play some football...stop holding kids back and playing the kids that have put in the time and play the better athlete!! we as fans are into this for a century now!! and looking like another three or four years at the soonest before competing?? after this last Saturday it might be four or five more years...

Unless Kirby Smart has some extreme desire to not leave the southeast that I'm unaware of, he's definitely within our grasp. Coordinators want a shot at the big time. Look at where Malzahn ended up. McElwain is at ****ing CSU. Charlie Strong had to go to Lousville. Steve Sarkisian was one of the hottest coordinators around and he decided to roll up and resurrect UW. We can totally get someone like Kirby Smart.

What we can't get is a proven BCS coach. Unless we want one with serious baggage (Tressel, Petrino). It's not like those are just floating around waiting for us to give them a shot.
well we should start calling him MR. Sparkles after the way he schooled our coaches....and to think our administration hired Embree over him, WOW.

I just wanted to congratulate Embree in doing what no Colorado coach has ever done in almost 130 years of Colorado football: lose to a first year CSU coach.

I try not to be knee-jerk, but this loss was an absolute disaster that he has very little chance of recovering from. I hope that I am wrong. I agree with others here that we cannot have to 5 year patience that we had with Hawkins.

It is clear to me that Embree and co. are in over their heads. I hate writing this because they all seem like good people. If CU were serious about football, which it seems to me they are not, the search for a major new hire would start now. No way CU will pay the money required for the type of coach we need, so I am not holding my breath.

It is clear to me that Embree and co. are in over their heads. I hate writing this because they all seem like good people. If CU were serious about football, which it seems to me they are not, the search for a major new hire would start now. No way CU will pay the money required for the type of coach we need, so I am not holding my breath.

Not sure why people say things like this.

CSU was able to hire McElwain away from Alabama for $1.35 million, and even threw in language that McElwain has to pay CSU millions if he leaves to take another job in the next five years.

CU should be able to hire a good quality BCS coordinator for $1.5 - $2.0 million, a sum which CU could certainly afford.

Not sure why people say things like this.

CSU was able to hire McElwain away from Alabama for $1.35 million, and even threw in language that McElwain has to pay CSU millions if he leaves to take another job in the next five years.

CU should be able to hire a good quality BCS coordinator for $1.5 - $2.0 million, a sum which CU could certainly afford.

Of course they can hire a coach for $2 million, but they have made it clear they won't.

One game doesn't prove that McElwain is a good coach. Was anyone really impressed by how CSU looked? Sadly, we looked awful at times, but I certainly don't think CSU looked any good. If they continue to improve and win consistently in their (weak) conference I'll be more impressed, but not after one game.

Embree is here AT LEAST all of this season, because firing him now would mean Bohn would be admitting he made another monumentally bad hire to lead the University's most visible athletic program. Pretty soon our annual budget for former coaches will be larger than for the current coach.

AD's very rarely get a 3rd chance to make a successful hire. IMO the only way Embree goes is if the admin dumps Bohn with them and I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Embree is here AT LEAST all of this season, because firing him now would mean Bohn would be admitting he made another monumentally bad hire to lead the University's most visible athletic program. Pretty soon our annual budget for former coaches will be larger than for the current coach.

AD's very rarely get a 3rd chance to make a successful hire. IMO the only way Embree goes is if the admin dumps Bohn with them and I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Nobody is going to get fired today. But what would happen if the Buffs only win of the season came Saturday against Sac. State? What if the Buffs dropped an 0-fer this season?

Nobody is going to get fired today. But what would happen if the Buffs only win of the season came Saturday against Sac. State? What if the Buffs dropped an 0-fer this season?

"should" and "will" get fired are different propositions. I'm not convinced this staff can lead us back to glory - I've always felt regular lower to mid-level bowl appearances was the ceiling.

If we go 1-11 or 0-12, no question in my mind the whole staff should be fired, but considering such a scenario at most other schools (that care about winning) would also cost the AD his job, I suspect all that would happen is Embree would be pressured to make major changes to his staff to save his own job which he will do.

Back