What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

End of Regular Season/Other Conference Tournaments Thread

I think they're squarely on the bubble, and they don't deserve to get in-As you say Goose, their resume isn't impressive. Sure, the San Diego State and Boise wins are nice, but both came at home. I'm also critical of them for not really stepping out in the non-conference-Their best win OOC (using RPI as a measuring stick) came at home against Georgia State, and the only thing of note they did OOC was beat the prohibitive WAC tourney favorite (New Mexico State) at Las Cruces......whoopee. On top of that, they lost at New Mexico-thats a bad loss. They were also swept by Wyoming-and thats not great, either....If Wyoming loses to Utah State tomorrow, those two losses look a lot worse than they do right now.

Compare that with another mid-major who is squarely on the bubble in Davidson-7 top 100 wins (VCU, GW twice, Richmond, Rhode Island, Dayton and UMass). Granted, a fair amount of that came at home. I think you've also gotta give somebody like Davidson credit for going to UVA (even though they lost), and playing North Carolina.

Heres another mid-major comparison-Temple (who many think are clearly out). Wins over Kansas, Cincy, LA Tech, and a sweep of UConn. They have nine losses, and a couple being sub 100 RPI, but they've also played Duke and Villanova, while Larry was busy fattening his team up on Georgia State.

How do you argue for CSU when compared to either of those?

There are still games to be played but right now I think that both Davidson and Temple are in. Temple beats Memphis in the AAC and they are in, IMO.

Nebraska went out with a whimper. Lost to Penn State to end the season with 9 straight losses and a 13-18 record

Some very strong quarterfinal games tomorrow

Louisville (24-7) vs North Carolina (22-10)

West Virginia (23-8) vs Baylor (23-8)

Duke (28-3) vs NC State (20-12). Wolfpack don't shy away from big games and already beat Duke convincingly this season.

Notre Dame (26-5) vs Miami (21-11). Miami is squarely on the Dance cut-line. Really sucks Angel Rodriguez is not 100 percent.

WVU is playing **** bailer on ESPN2.

WE MUST IGNITE THIS COUCH!!!!

Michigan is destroying Illinois. 40-23 in the half. Barring a monumental comeback, the Illini Dance dream is likely dead.

ESPN has gotten intolerable with its bubble watch coverage. A lot of the time, they don't even show RPI when discussing teams... but they always show their own BPI which the selection committee doesn't use and is completely irrelevant.

ESPN has gotten intolerable with its bubble watch coverage. A lot of the time, they don't even show RPI when discussing teams... but they always show their own BPI which the selection committee doesn't use and is completely irrelevant.
Yeah. That's quite annoying.

Louisville is a team I would not wanna play in the tournament. They struggle to score sometimes but they just seem like a team that could get on a roll.

5 seed North Carolina tops 4 seed Louisville, 70-60. Scoreline is misleading, much closer game than that.

So it's Virginia vs North Carolina tomorrow in the ACC semifinals

Should be a good one Cville, you guys should be fine, just no long droughts on O.

Hopefully Virginia's smothering D + Carolina's 3rd game in 3 days can do the trick. Justin Anderson returned today, but it's going to take a couple games for him to get the rust off.

13 seed Penn State upsets 5 seed Iowa, 67-58
I swear, I don't understand why the Big Ten gets so much love from analytics. Well, I do, it's because they all play each other and they're all highly ranked going into the conference season. It's all but impossible to fall far if you keep playing other top ranked teams, even if you lose.

The Committee can't seriously consider Illinois anymore. Watch Indiana lose to Northwestern in a short time like they did two weeks ago. They shouldn't be in either. Iowa loses to Penn State. They are at best a bubble team, but the committee will give them an 8 or 9 need and they'll lose (again) in the first round. They lose every big game they ever play in. They're the third best team in their own little state, and I might be missing someone.

Just toss out all Big Ten teams that start with the letter I. Now, I admit that Wisconsin is an outstanding team and Maryland is excellent. A couple others should get in. But a best this is a five bid league. What does the Committee do if Indiana and Purdue lose tonight? Purdue is basically the same team as last year plus Jon Octeus and they improved their standing by seven spots!

The one thing the BCS got right is that they didn't start ranking teams until the season was half over. RPI and KenPom need to do the same.

Speaking of overrated conferences in which the teams with 20 or so wins are actually all mediocre:

13 seed Auburn beats 5 seed Texas A&M, 66-59. That should be the end of the line for the Aggies' tournament hopes.

Speaking of overrated conferences in which the teams with 20 or so wins are actually all mediocre:

13 seed Auburn beats 5 seed Texas A&M, 66-59. That should be the end of the line for the Aggies' tournament hopes.
Old Dominion lost as well.

Duke is slaughtering NCSU, up 26 in the first half

Texas is fighting for their Big Dance ticket with an 11 point halftime lead on Iowa State

Ole Miss about to lose to South Carolina. haha

Somewhere along the path of this season, ESPN and others started trying to convince us Ole Miss, Texas A&M, LSU and others are pretty good teams. No, they aren't. They're NIT teams who stumbled to 20 wins in a complete dog**** conference. Count me skeptical of what Arkansas does in the Dance, too. Arkansas has 5 seed that gets upset by 12 seed written all over it.

Somewhere along the path of this season, ESPN and others started trying to convince us Ole Miss, Texas A&M, LSU and others are pretty good teams. No, they aren't. They're NIT teams who stumbled to 20 wins in a complete dog**** conference. Count me skeptical of what Arkansas does in the Dance, too. Arkansas has 5 seed that gets upset by 12 seed written all over it.
BPI probably told them they were. Too bad it's a crappy metric.

I'm not willing to put LSU in that group. I don't think they're world beaters or anything, but they should legit dance IMO.

Losses to Missouri, Mississippi State and Auburn have me highly suspicious.

I can't argue that. But this year's bubble is WEAK. I can't see any way they don't dance - nor deserve to dance. I like them a hell of a lot more than Arkansas.

Back