What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

End of Regular Season/Other Conference Tournaments Thread

Hats off to UNC (puke). Didn't flinch when the UVA run came. UVA is in a weird position right now of having to ease Justin Anderson in to get the rust off. Hopefully a couple of easy first two Dance games will do the trick and get the Hoos firing on all cylinders for the second weekend.

29-3 with losses to Duke, @ Louisville on a buzzer beater, and this nail biter against the Heels in Greensboro. Don't see how you could take a 1 seed from UVA considering who some of Arizona and Wisconsin's losses have been against.

Hats off to UNC (puke). Didn't flinch when the UVA run came. UVA is in a weird position right now of having to ease Justin Anderson in to get the rust off. Hopefully a couple of easy first two Dance games will do the trick and get the Hoos firing on all cylinders for the second weekend.

29-3 with losses to Duke, @ Louisville on a buzzer beater, and this nail biter against the Heels in Greensboro. Don't see how you could take a 1 seed from UVA considering who some of Arizona and Wisconsin's losses have been against.

Kentucky and Virginia are locks to be 1 seeds Sunday. You can't argue against UVA's losses-especially when they've all been to Top 15ish caliber competition. As I write this, Duke is in a 15 point hole against Notre Dame-Given that loss to Miami at home, does that knock them down to a 2? Villanova has to win the Big East if they want a top seed, and I'd almost argue they're better off not having one-as they'll likely be put in the West bracket and have to play in LA the second weekend and possibly against Arizona there (UA seems like a lock to play in that bracket). The only team that has a case for a number 1 that isn't on that line right now as I write this (UA up 4 on UCLA) is Arizona. Forget Wisconsin and Kansas-I can't overlook losses to sub .500 teams. I get that Wisconsin didn't have Kaminsky when they went to Rutgers and laid their egg, but they're good enough to beat Rutgers without him.

A little bubble chatter-does Auburn beating LSU actually help A&M? You could make that case-It looks less and less like A&M laid an egg and just ran into a hot team (whose Cinderella run will no doubt end tomorrow).

Bid Thief Alert-Wyoming is in the MWC championship. The Wyoming-Boise game might have been the best game I've seen this year that didn't involve us...you ice it on a banked 3.

Wisconsin knocks them down to a 2 if they win the Big 10.

So many scenarios at this point. All I feel comfortable saying for now is Kentucky and Virginia are 1 seeds. I agree Wisconsin likely joins them if they win the B1G, especially if it's over Maryland in the final. Nova has the record, it may be hard to take the 1 seed away from a 32-2 team if they wrap up the Big East title against Xavier. Sure, the Big East isn't as strong as some, but Arizona can't really talk coming from the Pac and having losses to UNLV, Oregon State and Arizona State. Villanova attempted a reasonably difficult OOC, but had bad fortune in Michigan, Syrcause and Illinois ending up being mediocre and injuries killing VCU's stock as of late.

Kentucky, Nova and Virginia will be 1 seeds.

The 4th is up for grabs based on how the conference tourneys finish. Wisconsin will probably get it if they win the B1G tourney.

I think I'd pick KU over Nova (if KU wins the B12 tourney). RPI is absolutely through the roof, pretty much neck & neck with Kentucky with both of them separated from the other possibilities. A lot will come down to what the committee values. If they beat Iowa State, though, how do you say that the team that won both the regular season and tourney championships of by far the best league this year hasn't earned a 1 seed? How much do you penalize them for 7 losses when 5 of them happened on the road in those conference games and the other 2 were neutral vs Kentucky and at an excellent Temple team?

WOW. What a win for Oregon. Young for 3 with 1 second left to win. Utes are looking at a 5 seed now, maybe even a 6.

CSU was beaten up by SDSU 56-43. So hard to keep track of all the chaos, bid thievery, etc, but CSU failed to do anything to directly raise their seeding prospects.

Kentucky, Nova and Virginia will be 1 seeds.

The 4th is up for grabs based on how the conference tourneys finish. Wisconsin will probably get it if they win the B1G tourney.

I think I'd pick KU over Nova (if KU wins the B12 tourney). RPI is absolutely through the roof, pretty much neck & neck with Kentucky with both of them separated from the other possibilities. A lot will come down to what the committee values. If they beat Iowa State, though, how do you say that the team that won both the regular season and tourney championships of by far the best league this year hasn't earned a 1 seed? How much do you penalize them for 7 losses when 5 of them happened on the road in those conference games and the other 2 were neutral vs Kentucky and at an excellent Temple team?
Lunardi has Virginia as the fourth #1 now in the West, I think (they flashed it on espn, but it's not on their website). Duke remains in the South and Nova takes the East. I think Wisconsin might jump to a #1 if they win their conference tourney.

Did I mention how much I hate AZ! Go Ducks and **** the rams. Go Wyoming. AZ is the only team playing in the Pac 12 tourney that could make me wear green tomorrow in the arena. I hate both these teams, just a bit less for the Ducks.

Lunardi has Virginia as the fourth #1 now in the West, I think (they flashed it on espn, but it's not on their website). Duke remains in the South and Nova takes the East. I think Wisconsin might jump to a #1 if they win their conference tourney.

Believe this is before Duke's loss. Things are shaken up again

Did I mention how much I hate AZ! Go Ducks and **** the rams. Go Wyoming. AZ is the only team playing in the Pac 12 tourney that could make me wear green tomorrow in the arena. I hate both these teams, just a bit less for the Ducks.

Hate all you want we are use to it, that's how it is at the top.

You're confused with passionate and one of the best in the country.

You attempts to win us over is futile.

Every U of A with an Internet connection regurgitates the resume of Knute and Sean.

The best way to win at the internets is give up the swinging dick routine. It makes you look A) desperate for approval and B) lower than a scum devil in the charm department.

Miller seams like a nice enough guy. Zeus, York, and M-M have skills. But the bitchassedness from the likes of you have me routing for the lesser of two evils.

One hell of an impressive 2nd half by Wisconsin to run away from Purdue.

In the SEC, it was almost comical how overmatched Auburn was against Kentucky today.

Jerry Palm has Kentucky, Villanova, Virginia, and Wisconsin. I have a hard time seeing how Virginia isn't a #1....Duke, Louisville and North Carolina are losses you can't punish somebody for. Duke's two losses to Notre Dame look goofier given the way they handled the Irish at Cameron, and you have a questionable loss or two to Miami and NC State there. Wisconsin has no business being in this conversation-I cannot get over that atrocious loss at Rutgers. Badger fans can remind us who they didn't have Kaminsky that night, but it doesn't matter. You can't lose games like that, and I'd use the same line of thought for Arizona-You have to take care of teams like Arizona State and Oregon State regardless of venue.

If its me I'd go with these four-
1. Kentucky (Duh)
2. Virginia (made an argument for them above)
3. Villanova (I think the Big East isn't that good, but you can't argue with 31-2, and their losses aren't bad)
4. Duke (Comes down to Wisconsin having a worse loss than Duke)

My 2's
1. Wisconsin (Duke's bracket)
2. Arizona (Villanova)
3. Kansas (Virginia)
4. Gonzaga (Kentucky)

Every U of A with an Internet connection regurgitates the resume of Knute and Sean.

It makes you look A) desperate for approval and B) lower than a scum devil in the charm department.

If that's who they are then that's who they are.

They want to be Kentucky or Kansas or UNC but just keep pushing themselves further away every time they throw their little look at me tantrums.

You know you've made it when you don't have to point out to people that you've made it.

Jerry Palm has Kentucky, Villanova, Virginia, and Wisconsin. I have a hard time seeing how Virginia isn't a #1....Duke, Louisville and North Carolina are losses you can't punish somebody for. Duke's two losses to Notre Dame look goofier given the way they handled the Irish at Cameron, and you have a questionable loss or two to Miami and NC State there. Wisconsin has no business being in this conversation-I cannot get over that atrocious loss at Rutgers. Badger fans can remind us who they didn't have Kaminsky that night, but it doesn't matter. You can't lose games like that, and I'd use the same line of thought for Arizona-You have to take care of teams like Arizona State and Oregon State regardless of venue.

If its me I'd go with these four-
1. Kentucky (Duh)
2. Virginia (made an argument for them above)
3. Villanova (I think the Big East isn't that good, but you can't argue with 31-2, and their losses aren't bad)
4. Duke (Comes down to Wisconsin having a worse loss than Duke)

My 2's
1. Wisconsin (Duke's bracket)
2. Arizona (Villanova)
3. Kansas (Virginia)
4. Gonzaga (Kentucky)

And Virginia's losses to Duke, a buzzer beater at Louisville, and a close one against Carolina in Greensboro are by a combined 15 points. Duke lost by 16 in Cameron to Miami alone. UVA has also beaten Louisiville and won soundly at North Carolina, so it's not like they can't do it. That comfortable road win at Maryland looks really good right about now, as does the road win at Notre Dame. And at the end of the day winning the conference regular season or tournament carries weight -- must be missing which one Duke won.

Back