What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

End of Season Press Conference - (Chido is coming back!!)

While I'm tempted to start drinking some 2016 Kool-Aid already, I looked at the Massey Ratings today and found we are 93rd. That's 3rd worst among P5 schools (ahead of OSU and Kansas). On the bright side our only win above a higher rated team was against CSU who sits incidentally at 92nd.

Until we beat a real team I'm not going to get excited about the program, it only sets you up for disappointment. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised when we beat a decent team.

Dont. Do it.

One thing I'm impressed with is macs ability to retain players. It is a testament to the relationships he's built

It's so funny. When I look at our roster I just don't see a ton of holes. Feel like we have several solid options at all positions....but then we don't win.

QB - Should be ok at worst
RB - Multiple good options
WR - Several good ones. Not great but good
OL - Have some depth and options
DL - Same
Secondary - Same

I guess I see why you don't see a ton of holes: you're optimistic on just about every group.

I think that to characterize QB as "Should be ok at worst" is generous. Your comment on OL has been addressed by others, as has the omission of LB. RB and WR is pretty meh to me outside of Shay Fields. Our best group (by far) is secondary.

The holes are there, maybe just not as glaring as in seasons past. QB, OL, ILB and ST all need to be much much better considering our margin for error is still so slim. Even if the defense takes another step forward, and I hope they do, the offense and ST can't have another 2015 or it will scuttle the season again. WR is somewhat a ? beyond Fields but am less worried about that group than the ones above. I think we had similar ? when PRich left early and did OK.

Put simply:

If the offense can just get back to 2014 production with 29 ppg, the defense maintains, the ST is average and we can stay average on turnover margin... I think that a 6-6 record in 2016 is very attainable and will happen.

Improvements beyond that and we could be looking at maybe an 8-4 campaign.

Put simply:

If the offense can just get back to 2014 production with 29 ppg, the defense maintains, the ST is average and we can stay average on turnover margin... I think that a 6-6 record in 2016 is very attainable and will happen.

Improvements beyond that and we could be looking at maybe an 8-4 campaign.

Do you keep MacIntyre after a 6-6 season? That is my biggest fear. We have a mediocre season (rather than bad) we graduate a ton of players and are back to rebuilding under a coach who is not a great recruiter.

Do you keep MacIntyre after a 6-6 season? That is my biggest fear. We have a mediocre season (rather than bad) we graduate a ton of players and are back to rebuilding under a coach who is not a great recruiter.

Yes. We haven't been to a bowl game in 10 years. You don't fire the guy who gets you there. Especially in consideration of the fact it would mean going .500 against a schedule that includes 9 Pac-12 games, 1 game at Michigan, 1 neutral versus an in-state rival and 1 cupcake. Achieving a bowl would be a damn good coaching job that earned him at least another year.

Well said by Nik.

Every year the team talks about a bowl game being the goal. I think achieving that would give recruits more belief and tangible evidence that the team is getting better. I think recruiting would improve and could even pay immediate dividends in the 2017 class. I think this would be the case even if they lost the bowl game to finish 6-7.

Watching chidobe live at wsu game, guy is a beast and intense on sideline as well. Same with tedric.

Spruce made the 2nd team WRs group too.

DeForest Buckner my goodness. That dude is a beast.

Spruce made the 2nd team WRs group too.

DeForest Buckner my goodness. That dude is a beast.

He might be the best defensive player I have seen since we switched to the Pac-12. It wasn't just against us either, he kicked Stanford's ass too.

Back