What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN reports Bills to talk to Shanahan

Hawk is here until 2012, people are just gonna have to deal with ****ty football
God, can you imagine where our program would sink to if that happened? We would be K-State before Snyder. Can't see that happening, Folsom will have lots of empty seats next year if Hawk is around. Then you get the snowball effect when everything goes down the toilet along with the poor attendance. Your lookin at alot more than $3 mil. Bohn is no idiot.

I love the weather argument....... NO matter what, when Shanny takes a break or a vacation (and I hear they are few and far between), he can hop on a plane and get to Cabo San Lucas in a few hours... or a few more hours.... From Buffalo, he can actually work 3 more hours on the plane :smile2:

I think the weather argument is way over rated... except in Steve Spurrier's case...

And the rest of the time?

He's a golfer. In Denver, he can sneak a round in at Cherry Creek CC pretty much any week of the year. Good luck golfing Dec - Apr in Buffalo. Putt-putt, anyone?

And the rest of the time?

He's a golfer. In Denver, he can sneak a round in at Cherry Creek CC pretty much any week of the year. Good luck golfing Dec - Apr in Buffalo. Putt-putt, anyone?

so your assuming he isnt making the playoffs through January :smile2:

That leaves Feb and March.... which is prime scouting and combine time....

He will golf after the draft in April & May.

And it isnt THAT bad in Buffalo. It can be cold when it storms.... but the weather argument is not that legitimate....

so your assuming he isnt making the playoffs through January :smile2:

That leaves Feb and March.... which is prime scouting and combine time....

He will golf after the draft in April & May.

And it isnt THAT bad in Buffalo. It can be cold when it storms.... but the weather argument is not that legitimate....

Says the Buff from the northeast... You're obviously used to teh slop. I took a job up around the Great Lakes in the winter of 95 or 96. Can't remember which. Saw the sun two days in as many months, and there was like 3-4 ft of snow on the ground literally the entire winter and into spring. Gladly took a pay cut to come back home.

You know for a fact that Shanny does not sneak the occasional round during football season, or are you assuming?

(Pssst. Don't tell anybody, but I know people who spotted him on the course with Elway during December while he was still an AC for Reeves. :cool:)

Last edited:
Says the Buff from the northeast... You're obviously used to teh slop. I took a job up around the Great Lakes in the winter of 95 or 96. Can't remember which. Saw the sun two days in as many months, and there was like 3-4 ft of snow on the ground literally the entire winter and into spring. Gladly took a pay cut to come back home.

You know for a fact that Shanny does not sneak the occasional round during football season, or are you assuming?

(Pssst. Don't tell anybody, but I know people who spotted him on the course with Elway during December before he left to work for Davis. :cool:)

I have no clue what Shanny does outside of football.... but you can play golf in the snow here.... we have these really good indoor facilities that you can pick your background... (MOUNTAINS!)....

Maybe Ralph Wilson will put one in his office........ :smile2:

seriously though..... it really isnt bad in the northeast.....

I had more people debate how bad the weather is in Colorado compared to Philadelphia.... (obviously people who have never been to Boulder)....

Shanahan has a lot of reasons to want to stay in Colorado. His new home. His new restaurant. Family. Friends. The next two years are a gimme for him financially. While I don't think it's a given that he'll take the Buffs job, it's not a totally outlandish idea.

He's a football coach. He's an NFL football coach. I doubt he'd choose Colorado University over Buffalo because of golfing...:wow:

NFL.com's Vic Carucci reports that the Bills will meet with former Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan next week.

Carucci confirms that Shanahan is Buffalo's "No. 1" head coaching target. The meeting will involve owner Ralph Wilson and COO/GM Russ Brandon, who Shanahan would probably give a pink slip to if he's hired.

It's well known that Shanahan wants full control of football operations, even if taking on such responsibilities didn't work out towards the end of his Broncos stint. Wilson is reportedly willing to offer The Mastermind any amount of salary to take the job.

Nov. 19 - 12:29 am et

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=159572

He's a football coach. He's an NFL football coach. I doubt he'd choose Colorado University over Buffalo because of golfing...:wow:

Shanahan will absolutely take a rebuilding job in the walk-in freezer A.K.A. Buffalo, NY. Waiting it out at his mansion in Colorado while he's soaking the guy who just canned him for $7MM/yr, has never crossed his mind. He's never even considered coaching college. He obviously hates sunshine. His brown forehead is the product of a pigmentation problem. And he NEVER EVER EVAR golfs in the winter. All he does is coach and eat. Couldn't care less about lifestyle issues.

He's packing as we speak. Don't know what I was thinking.

Better? :rolleyes:

Shanahan will absolutely take a rebuilding job in the walk-in freezer A.K.A. Buffalo, NY. Waiting it out at his mansion in Colorado while he's soaking the guy who just canned him for $7MM/yr, has never crossed his mind. He's never even considered coaching college. He obviously hates sunshine. His brown forehead is the product of a pigmentation problem. And he NEVER EVER EVAR golfs in the winter. All he does is coach and eat. Couldn't care less about lifestyle issues.

He's packing as we speak. Don't know what I was thinking.

Better? :rolleyes:

Despite your belief that he will only coach where there sun is shining year-round, he's going to meet with the owner of the Buffalo Bills.

He's obviously interested, at the very least.

How dare the Bills ask Mike S about coaching! Don't they realize that he shall be the coach of the University of Colorado Buffaloes

Despite your belief that he will only coach where there sun is shining year-round, he's going to meet with the owner of the Buffalo Bills.

He's obviously interested, at the very least.

Not quite what I said. I could actually see him going to Chicago. He's from Illinois, so it makes a little more sense. I just think he's at a spot in life where he can call his shots, and I don't think he'll end up in Buffalo.

We'll see.

I don't think his wife will let him coach in Buffalo. I just think he is bored and is willing to listen to anything right now.

Which isn't the best news for us. But I still believe in Shanny Claus!

Back