What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN (Tin Griffin's) B12 Predictions

Quarterback is a very big concern for us - if Cody starts under center 7 wins won't come easy. Hawkins should keep his cakehole shut and start winning games. We have heard quite enough of his sunshine pumping.

Rep :thumbsup:

Quarterback is a very big concern for us - if Cody starts under center 7 wins won't come easy. Hawkins should keep his cakehole shut and start winning games. We have heard quite enough of his sunshine pumping.

Aren't you the one who keeps believing in Mac saying give Hawk 4 years to turn it around?

Aren't you the one who keeps believing in Mac saying give Hawk 4 years to turn it around?

That wasn't his point, he's saying stop talking and do it. Year after year all this bravado and predictions and the end result has been 3 losing seasons.

I think 2009 will start the ball rolling but walk before talk.

Dude, you're a big douchey nebraska knober seeking approval. I think the 13 year old boy wins in this one pretty easily.

What can i say, you suck sperms, so we all win.

Yeah, because your approval is what keeps me going through the day. :rolleyes: Your last sentence shows your maturity level so I think you should go over to the 13 year olds house, put on some leather helmets, and club one another while listening to Yanni's greatest hits.

Yes sir, and this is year 4 - $hit or get off of the pot. He can talk all he wants when he walks the walk. I think CU fans have been very patient, but 4 years is enough, and the time is now. I wish him all the success in the world, and hope he wins alot of games.

Yes sir, and this is year 4 - $hit or get off of the pot. He can talk all he wants when he walks the walk. I think CU fans have been very patient, but 4 years is enough, and the time is now. I wish him all the success in the world, and hope he wins alot of games.

I do agree with you there.

ok Syko, 77, BB and other.... just playing a "what if?"

what if the Buffs dont finish with a winning record??? say 6-6 no bowl game or like last year 5-7, or say 4-8 regardless of intangebles that could cause these records. thats just the won/loss. Hawkins still the coach after the season? Give him another year?

what if the Buffs dont finish with a winning record??? say 6-6 no bowl game or like last year 5-7, or say 4-8 regardless of intangebles that could cause these records. thats just the won/loss. Hawkins still the coach after the season? Give him another year?
It'd be a real letdown, but I say yes. I think he deserves 5 years to turn the program around.

Will he be the coach? yes. Should he be the coach if we don't go to a bowl? Lets just say I will be leaning severely off the Hawk love bandwagon.

He'll be the coach through 2010 regardless, but a losing season next year would be the beginning of the end IMO.

I think another season like that would be reason to let him go. It's time to put up or shut up. I'm not saying we need to win the MNC, or even the B12 North, but we need to be in the race for the division title. We need to be a factor.

JMHO, but anything less than 7-6 and he needs to go. And 7-6 only buys him one more year. He'd be the first one to tell you that you need to be accountable for your performance.

If we want to be Dominate again we need atleast an 7 or 8 win season. Keeps Hawk off the hot seat, recruiting will be at the norm or better and it buys him a little bit more time to add on to his foundation.

We were a bit spoiled back in the 90's when we loss players and were able to reload and compete with the big boys year in and year out. But keep in mind that didn't just happen over night, it took Coach Mac quite a bit of time to assemble such a program.

It's been a while since we've had something really great to cheer about, but a 9 or 10 win season will shut up a lot of folks around here. :thumbsup:

If we want to be Dominate again we need atleast an 7 or 8 win season. Keeps Hawk off the hot seat, recruiting will be at the norm or better and it buys him a little bit more time to add on to his foundation.

We were a bit spoiled back in the 90's when we loss players and were able to reload and compete with the big boys year in and year out. But keep in mind that didn't just happen over night, it took Coach Mac quite a bit of time to assemble such a program.

It's been a while since we've had something really great to cheer about, but a 9 or 10 win season will shut up a lot of folks around here. :thumbsup:

Bill McCartney

'82 2-8-1
'83 4-7
'84 1-10
'85 7-5
'86 6-6
'87 7-4
'88 8-4
'89 11-1
'90 11-1-1
'91 8-3-1
'92 9-2-1
'93 8-3-1
'94 11-1

Mac said give him 4 years - if we have another losing season things will get very uncomfortable for everyone. Like I said before, why doesn't he just keep a lid on his mouth and go out and win, and we don't have this discussion. I'm all for giving him an extension provided he starts producing. 1985 year 4 for Mac 7-5, considering Hawkins past, I would take that. When Mac took over the program was in much worse shape.

Last edited:
Scott (St Louis): Tim, what do you see from the Big 12 North next year? Is Nebraska the odds on favorite to win the division?

sn2.gif
Tim Griffin: (3:44 PM ET ) Scott: I do see the Cornhuskers as the favorite to win the North. But I think the North will be very close with schools like Kansas, Missouri, Kansas State and Colorado State. It will be very competitive.

:confused:

This guy doesn't know what he's talking about....

Scott (St Louis): Tim, what do you see from the Big 12 North next year? Is Nebraska the odds on favorite to win the division?

sn2.gif
Tim Griffin: (3:44 PM ET ) Scott: I do see the Cornhuskers as the favorite to win the North. But I think the North will be very close with schools like Kansas, Missouri, Kansas State and Colorado State. It will be very competitive.

:confused:

This guy doesn't know what he's talking about....
The Fighting Manginos are going to win the North. The "Fat Man" is the best coach in the Big 12.:thumbsup:

PLEASE stop with the MAC -hawk comparison's. Hawk has done nothing and MAC took CU to the highest level it's ever seen. I love how hawk is going to take cu where MAC went because he has 3 straight losing seasons like MAC to start off, Hilarious logic.

Unleash hell, your question if we have another losing season will hawk still be here? Yes because bohn will keep him here.

Let me ask you, another losing season after all the sunshine and Big talk, do people still make excuses and then change there tune to 2010 being the year and just become like cubs fans?

I would like a 7-5 season and a bowl WIN. 8-5 would make me happy and more excited for 2010 and the future.

Let's not start comparing Mac's situation to Hawks. Worlds apart.

Totally disagree. I think it is very simliar. Both walked into about the same situation. Downtrodden programs with low athletic budgets. Both came into low talent programs, and both are building talent. Everyone wanted Mac out of here after 3 years, in fact Mac WAS ALMOST FIRED! I think the two siutations are very similar. I'm not saying Hawks 4th year is gonna be like Macs, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Hawk finally come through. I think it's hilarious not to compare the two right now with how similar they are at this point.

. I love how hawk is going to take cu where MAC went because he has 3 straight losing seasons like MAC to start off, Hilarious logic.

Unleash hell, your question if we have another losing season will hawk still be here? Yes because bohn will keep him here.

I would like a 7-5 season and a bowl WIN. 8-5 would make me happy and more excited for 2010 and the future.

First of all, Hawk has done more in his first three years than Mac did in his. People wanted Mac out of here more than they want Hawk out now.

Second, I never had a question

Third, I agree about your last statement

Untrue. We were still numb from the Fairbanks years. We were accustomed to failure at that point and it didn't phase us nearly the way it does now.

Bull****. My dad was president of the Boulder Buff club just after, trust me, lots of people were losing their patience fast with Mac. LOTS!

Bull****. My dad was president of the Boulder Buff club just after, trust me, lots of people were losing their patience fast with Mac. LOTS!

"Lots" is a relative term. There weren't very many CU fans at all back then, so if 30-40 folks were getting disgruntled, it represented a much larger percentage of the total.

So you're saying Hawk and Bohn have brainwashed fans into thinking losing isn't all that bad. Stop trying to win and be a winner. Okay.

I know a bunch of fans that are sick of losing and if you think he should get another pass IF 2009 is another losing season then I weep for cu football and the players.

Like I said Imho I think cu will have a winning season in 2009 and get the ball rolling but up to this point,there's been enough "Hot air" to fill the bubble of the hype.

So you're saying Hawk and Bohn have brainwashed fans into thinking losing isn't all that bad. Stop trying to win and be a winner. Okay.

I know a bunch of fans that are sick of losing and if you think he should get another pass IF 2009 is another losing season then I weep for cu football and the players.

Like I said Imho I think cu will have a winning season in 2009 and get the ball rolling but up to this point,there's been enough "Hot air" to fill the bubble of the hype.

wait a minute, where is everybody getting the idea I am not losing it? I have the same views and have said that I am leaning towards jumping off if Hawk doesn't win now. People read me wrong or something.

Back