What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Facilities Plans...

So anyways, I would just like CU to focus on getting a reasonable place to get a beer and still see football. The whole packed in a windowless room like a sardine doesn't work well for me.

I am interested to see how the Oregon St. model will work (or already working). I like the way they set up the beer garden with different vendors based on social media. Not sure if it would work here. Here is the link on total frat move (probably one of you guys since the author is a big cu fan) talking about it:
http://totalfratmove.com/oregon-state-is-putting-a-beer-garden-inside-their-football-stadium/

I am interested to see how the Oregon St. model will work (or already working). I like the way they set up the beer garden with different vendors based on social media. Not sure if it would work here. Here is the link on total frat move (probably one of you guys since the author is a big cu fan) talking about it:
http://totalfratmove.com/oregon-state-is-putting-a-beer-garden-inside-their-football-stadium/

Yup, exactly that, that would be awesome. Boulder beer, sanitas, fate, Avery, upslope, finkle and Garf are all from boulder. We live in an amazing state for beers, we should make that an offering. Look at the Rockies, they built that ridiculous party deck. But people go and they drink and the monforts make money for seats that never sold. Not every person that walks through the door has to be a huge football fan, but theyre giving you revenue.

Oh and if that guy does post here, that was a stupid article. Just because you enjoy the taste of nothing doesn't mean other people have to. I'm not pretentious because you don't employ taste buds, I would love an IPA at a football game.

I think it is time for CU to add new sports to go with new facilities.

I will like to see Baseball and Softball.

Unfortunately they won't be adding any sports any time soon.
Maybe something for field sports like a WRug & MSoc if there's a facility commitment for field sports (RG has mentioned that being able to host Pac-12 Championships for WLAX et al is not where it needs to be).

But the focus is absolutely to maximize revenue from Folsom and, secondarily, Coors. That part of the house needs to be put in order if the CU is able to open up the cash flow needed to make other wish list stuff happen.

Say they add a few programs here and there, plus add some stadiums or fields, whatever. Would it be profit or not?

Say they add a few programs here and there, plus add some stadiums or fields, whatever. Would it be profit or not?
Profit? No. But CU does make revenue from women's soccer by selling tickets and a Prentup Pass. There is an opportunity to increase that revenue quite a bit and to initiate a revenue stream from WLAX. Additional field sports would play into that.

Profit? No. But CU does make revenue from women's soccer by selling tickets and a Prentup Pass. There is an opportunity to increase that revenue quite a bit and to initiate a revenue stream from WLAX. Additional field sports would play into that.
It would not be all that expensive to build a soccer stadium capable of hosting LAX. The only problem you run into is that the LAX team has been playing on turf while soccer definitely prefers grass. So one of them would have to switch and they may not be happy about that.

It would not be all that expensive to build a soccer stadium capable of hosting LAX. The only problem you run into is that the LAX team has been playing on turf while soccer definitely prefers grass. So one of them would have to switch and they may not be happy about that.
WLAX plays on grass at Kit. One game in IPF due to weather, but that's just an emergency backup facility.

Well that works if you get revenue out of it. Would be cool to see. Plus it'll give more youngsters a chance and grow the U.

I thought Kitt was Turf now?

EDIT: Definitely turf. WLax is practicing by the bubble this week on grass fields to prepare for the MPSF Tourney
You're right. Thought it was grass.
kitt_fields_28229.jpg

Kittredge Field

Kittredge field features 3 lighted synthetic turf fields used for soccer, lacrosse, ultimate frisbee, flag football, rugby, and many other activities. It is available for use by Sport Clubs, Intramural Sports, and drop in use.

I'd like to see baseball and hockey too. That would be cool. I'm not gonna respond to Darth, eat a slong mofo. Better you than me, no further comment. Ok so I lied.

You're right. Thought it was grass.
kitt_fields_28229.jpg

Kittredge Field

Kittredge field features 3 lighted synthetic turf fields used for soccer, lacrosse, ultimate frisbee, flag football, rugby, and many other activities. It is available for use by Sport Clubs, Intramural Sports, and drop in use.

I am not so sure that WLAX really cares about field type, but I would hope Elliott's input would be considered for a field sport stadium.

Too bad the P12N doesn't provide viewership and ad revenue to CU WLAX. I would have watched a lot more of this magic season if given the opportunity. Same goes for the indoor and outdoor track season.

Rules changes should be in order,like throwing a pitch within 20 seconds at least. The dudes that work fast seem to do better anyway.

Back