What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Facilities Plans...

I'm not being a curmudgeon. I just don't care about the view during a football game. I don't think the view should be a consideration in future facilities construction.

It was the exact opposite for the party deck and east side club construction.

My guess is that future facilities will leverage a big west facing picture window opposite the field view.

It was the exact opposite for the party deck and east side club construction.

My guess is that future facilities will leverage a big west facing picture window opposite the field view.

Yep. And on that note, I think that a lot of what can be done would be to draw the eye to the SW corner if your eyeballs stray from the inside of the stadium. By doing a better job of enclosing the West side and NW corner, they can actually make Folsom views a lot more dramatic.

I think they should take the west side down to the first level so all of us in the east stands will have a better view of the mountains. They should move the seats lost on the west side over to the east side and go up a couple more levels above the club level.

I say they need to do a few things but those old drawings need to be redone since Balch as a whole needs to go.

1. Curve in 101 and 102 to complete the bowl.
2. Extend seating like the south 200's section behind sections 103-108. All of these need to be bleacher backs or seat backs.
3. Create a press box similar to the the first rendering in Buffnik's post from 108-103. This could create the only covered outdoor seating in the whole stadium.
4. Add amenities inside Balch to improve the food/beer scene at games.

I say they need to do a few things but those old drawings need to be redone since Balch as a whole needs to go.

1. Curve in 101 and 102 to complete the bowl.
2. Extend seating like the south 200's section behind sections 103-108. All of these need to be bleacher backs or seat backs.
3. Create a press box similar to the the first rendering in Buffnik's post from 108-103. This could create the only covered outdoor seating in the whole stadium.
4. Add amenities inside Balch to improve the food/beer scene at games.
Not only curve 101 & 102, but put a similar structure behind it to mirror the look of the NE stands. It wouldn't have to be as deep as the Champions center, but the facing inside the stadium needs to be consistent.

Not only curve 101 & 102, but put a similar structure behind it to mirror the look of the NE stands. It wouldn't have to be as deep as the Champions center, but the facing inside the stadium needs to be consistent.
I actually thought that would be a good place for an permanent beer garden type structure. Leave it as a big open concourse where people can meet and still be inside the stadium. There isn't a spot like that in the stadium yet and it would allow for a cheap upgrade that when/if new facilities are needed for operations it can he taken down and changed pretty easily in the future.

I actually thought that would be a good place for an permanent beer garden type structure. Leave it as a big open concourse where people can meet and still be inside the stadium. There isn't a spot like that in the stadium yet and it would allow for a cheap upgrade that when/if new facilities are needed for operations it can he taken down and changed pretty easily in the future.
Have the beer garden on the first floor of the facility, but maintain the consistency of the look. I like the beer garden idea.

Would be a great place to put "family seating" with a playground and food court area together for kids. Make this the Chip's VIB Club seating area and get full ticket value in the South end zone. Kids want to be where they've got a great view of Ralphie, too, and fans who fit this profile don't care as much that they've got the worst sight lines in the stadium.

I go to football games to watch football, not admire the scenery.
You managed to completely ignore the majority of my post. To make it simpler: why wouldn't you enjoy seeing the scenery during the roughly two hours of a game when football is not actively taking place?

You managed to completely ignore the majority of my post. To make it simpler: why wouldn't you enjoy seeing the scenery during the roughly two hours of a game when football is not actively taking place?
Because it's not important to me. I spend that time watching what's going on on the sidelines, checking scores, talking to my Dad, whatever. Scenery is great before and after the game.

I'm amazed it's so important to so many people.

Have the beer garden on the first floor of the facility, but maintain the consistency of the look. I like the beer garden idea.
Why does maintaining the "consistency of the look" matter if you're only there to watch the game?

Because it's not important to me. I spend that time watching what's going on on the sidelines, checking scores, talking to my Dad, whatever. Scenery is great before and after the game.

It's what makes Folsom unique. There is absolutely no reason to hide the Flatirons from within the stadium with additional seating etc. I'm obsessed with football just as much as the next guy and too am fixated on the game the entire time I am in the stadium but we are not the norm. A huge population of sports goers are there to be social, support their loved ones teams etc. Why hide the beauty and uniqueness of our stadium when we don't have to. Have you been to any BIG10 Stadium? You drive up through nothing but flat land with no scenery to a stadium that continues to have no scenery from within. Why be like all those others? I am sure you'll come back with yes, but they have rabid fans that are there just for football. That is not true. Yes, they have large fans bases with a variety of fans that I bet would take an amazing view that goes along with the game anyday. Have you ever thought why all the reporters/columnists are excited that we are good again? It's because they now get to come back to Boulder and enjoy the view and also enjoy a game.

It's what makes Folsom unique. There is absolutely no reason to hide the Flatirons from within the stadium with additional seating etc. I'm obsessed with football just as much as the next guy and too am fixated on the game the entire time I am in the stadium but we are not the norm. A huge population of sports goers are there to be social, support their loved ones teams etc. Why hide the beauty and uniqueness of our stadium when we don't have to. Have you been to any BIG10 Stadium? You drive up through nothing but flat land with no scenery to a stadium that continues to have no scenery from within. Why be like all those others? I am sure you'll come back with yes, but they have rabid fans that are there just for football. That is not true. Yes, they have large fans bases with a variety of fans that I bet would take an amazing view that goes along with the game anyday. Have you ever thought why all the reporters/columnists are excited that we are good again? It's because they now get to come back to Boulder and enjoy the view and also enjoy a game.
You were making sense up to the point where you brought up out of town reporters. Those guys sit on the west side and have no view at all.

I'll capitulate. I don't get it, but if a view of the Flatirons is so important, by all means, keep it.

I would argue that there are two things that make CU and Folsom uniquely beautiful. One is the natural setting. Two is the architecture. Whatever they do on the west side, I hope it incorporates a lot more stone than the east side suites. The east suites look fabulous from outside the stadium, but the facade inside the stadium looks rather bland. Those suites could be in any stadium.

412_Folsom_Field_luxury_suites,_east_side.jpg

I was a Nuggets season ticket holder for a number of years. My friends and I loved going to the Blue Sky Grill before games, at halftime and after games. (That was way back in the Carmelo days. It looks like that space is called the Breckenridge Brewery Mountain House now. It's been awhile since I've been to the Pepsi Center.) It would be great if they added a full restaurant and bar with lots of TVs. It might be tough to justify the cost for the limited number of dates the stadium is in use. Obviously at the Pepsi Center you've got close to 100 Avs and Nuggets games each year (including pre-season) plus concerts and other events.

A fun zone for the kids would also be great for families, although it wouldn't do much for me.

OK, I think it is time we open up our minds about improvements. Clearly the trend in stadiums is full service concessions from the comfort of your own seat. So, what do we need? Well we need to get rid of those bleachers. Replace them with nice seats with seat backs and cushions. A little pop up touch screen that comes out of the seat handle that allows me to order exactly what food I want without moving would be nice...Oh and a tap handle coming out of the seat in front of me....that would definitely make for a better game day experience. Sure a replacement sound system would be good, so would a 100% clear retractable dome. After all, we have to be able to watch those rocky mountain sunsets. While we are at it, can you please add heated and cooled seats. I mean if my car seat can have it then my stadium seat should have it too. As long as I am talking about a wish list, I would really like some button I could push that would move everyone out of the way when I need to take a leak too....and trust me, with that tap handle right in front of my seat, my visits are going to increase....but I might be drunk enough not to care about the quality of the facilities, so I guess those can stay.

I don't consider myself less of a Buffs football fan because I like to enjoy the view while I'm at the game. For me that is part of the whole "uniquely Folsom" game day experience. Whenever I bring out of town guests to a game they are blown away at the beauty of the campus and the view from inside the stadium. That is a source of pride for me.

To each their own, but I don't know how you can be "amazed" at this. Some of us picked up our lives and moved to Colorado just for the mountains.

I don't consider myself less of a Buffs football fan because I like to enjoy the view while I'm at the game. For me that is part of the whole "uniquely Folsom" game day experience. Whenever I bring out of town guests to a game they are blown away at the beauty of the campus and the view from inside the stadium. That is a source of pride for me.

You like counting crows too. You heretic. :ROFLMAO:

Back