What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Facilities Plans...

Initial short list for the design/contractor team to be announced today. We will know who will be building this thing in a week. I have my fingers crossed for Mortenson.

:lol:

From short list to signed contract in a week, huh? That would be pretty damned incredible.

Well the break ground date is fast approaching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From short list to signed contract in a week, huh? That would be pretty damned incredible.

Yes that would be impossible. I have had software contracts take 6 months to get through legal and they were for less than $500k. I can't image how complex a $100+ million construction contract would be.

Hey don't shoot the messenger. That is CU's Facilities Management timeline. Not mine. And I never said contract signed. I said the team will be selected.

usually they will conduct interviews within a couple weeks of the short-list and make a selection fairly quickly after that. i doubt there would be a backtrack on the selection process during the contract stage, so i would think we would know the general contractor within a couple weeks.

Don't government projects often use boilerplate contracts with little room for negotiations for the contractors? Then they just attach a bunch of exhibits and fill in the blanks? With this on a fast track, I'd guess at a minimum, CU issued their modifications to the AIA forms with the RFP, and any changes would be reflected. If that is the case, a week from selection to signing isn't that far fetched.

Yes that would be impossible. I have had software contracts take 6 months to get through legal and they were for less than $500k. I can't image how complex a $100+ million construction contract would be.
Our legal review takes 5 days, max. Who knows how long it will take to have an actual contract, but it won't be that long. They may "negotiate" with all the bidders and ask for a best and final offer. Once they accept a proposal, they have to notify the unsuccessful bidders and probably debrief them, yada yada. After all that and once legal approves, its just a matter of the CO and Contractor signing the Contract. It'll happen pretty fast.

Next would come "Notice to Proceed" and that is a bit different for Design Build. They may have a NTP for design and one or more for construction. No breaking ground without a NTP. No NTP without bonds, insurance, permits, etc.

Our legal review takes 5 days, max. Who knows how long it will take to have an actual contract, but it won't be that long. They may "negotiate" with all the bidders and ask for a best and final offer. Once they accept a proposal, they have to notify the unsuccessful bidders and probably debrief them, yada yada. After all that and once legal approves, its just a matter of the CO and Contractor signing the Contract. It'll happen pretty fast.

Next would come "Notice to Proceed" and that is a bit different for Design Build. They may have a NTP for design and one or more for construction. No breaking ground without a NTP. No NTP without bonds, insurance, permits, etc.

well you are different than every other government agency I have worked with. Hell sometimes getting the state to review and return our BA's can take months.

RG sounded very confident that they'd reach their goal.

Anybody else there today?

Unacceptable. At this rate, we'll never get those "grill class" seats I was hoping for.

Does anyone know if we are using ICON Venue Group as our lead consultant on the project? I sure hope so. There's nobody else better in the business and I want it to be done correctly the first time so we aren't fixing holes in the roof in 5 years. I have full faith in RG to make sure it is, just hope we are using the those guys to make sure it goes smoothly and correctly. Excited with what RG is doing though, nothing but good things from him so far.

Does anyone know if we are using ICON Venue Group as our lead consultant on the project? I sure hope so. There's nobody else better in the business and I want it to be done correctly the first time so we aren't fixing holes in the roof in 5 years. I have full faith in RG to make sure it is, just hope we are using the those guys to make sure it goes smoothly and correctly. Excited with what RG is doing though, nothing but good things from him so far.

Are you serious?

Like nobody on this board is gonna see through that post?

Go.the.****.away

Back