What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fall camp position battles

Can we keep the Gamboa slander off Luke's message board?

Yes, there might be one or two posters (on Scout?) who have overrated the kind of player Gamboa is. But there's not a Gamboa sighting without someone reminding us that he's slow, short, unathletic, and that it is unequivocally his fault any time he is seen chasing someone on the field. We get it.

If a true freshman is ready to play, then Gamboa will have played a huge role in preparing that player to take his job. He is a leader and a captain, and I am so grateful that the more football bodied freshmen get to watch and learn from him closely.

I'll never understand the negativity on Gamboa.

I expect him to lead the team in tackles while being vital to getting this defense with so many new starters to gel.

I don't even dislike Gamboa, but even on this board he has been talked about as a potential all-conference player.

I expect he will prove to be a reliable starter, but realistically, we need Edwards and McCartney to be the real stars of the front seven if the defense is going to be any good.

I'd expect Landman to start out ahead of Van Diest as he has always played ILB, whereas JVD played more DE and all over, IIRC.

Last edited:
Can we keep the Gamboa slander off Luke's message board?

Yes, there might be one or two posters (on Scout?) who have overrated the kind of player Gamboa is. But there's not a Gamboa sighting without someone reminding us that he's slow, short, unathletic, and that it is unequivocally his fault any time he is seen chasing someone on the field. We get it.

If a true freshman is ready to play, then Gamboa will have played a huge role in preparing that player to take his job. He is a leader and a captain, and I am so grateful that the more football bodied freshmen get to watch and learn from him closely.
Alright, what did I do now?

Alright, what did I do now?
Relax, man. Maybe go for a hike or something. I hear the New Mexico landscape is amazing in the summer.
1Rattlesnake-Oklahoma..jpg

I'll never understand the negativity on Gamboa.

I expect him to lead the team in tackles while being vital to getting this defense with so many new starters to gel.
He works hard and is smart, but is way too slow. Marginal player.

He works hard and is smart, but is way too slow. Marginal player.

Wouldn't call him marginal, would call him limited. He is very good at the things that they rely on him to do. He isn't going to do well if you try to turn him into something he isn't.

He doesn't have the speed to cover guys over wide areas, he isn't going to run a lot of guys down from behind. He does though make good reads and fill gaps very well.

I'd love to have one of our AA LBs from the past in his spot but I'm glad we have him.

I bet Gamboa only wishes he plays as well as you all think you have everything figured out! But that's just not possible. He might as well quit!

Back