What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Falo and Gordon SUSPENDED sentences (reinstated for fall camp)

Seems like Apsay was dismissed for far far less than what these 2 allegedly perpetrated.

Apsay's was more a habitual offense I think. Like Samson, was given many chances to stop violating team rules. Kept stepping in it and couldn't get out of the doghouse.

Some posts in this thread that the Junta is not happy about. Think before you post a reply. Some stuff that is crossing a line.

Some posts in this thread that the Junta is not happy about. Think before you post a reply. Some stuff that is crossing a line.

Agreed! I followed Dino's HS career and loved his ability. I thought he would eventually become a very good college back at CU. I am not going to defend his actions, stealing is stealing and speaks to character. However, if he were to have decided to take a video game and while there saw a bottle of pills and grabbed them, you can see how quickly a misdemeanor can escalate into a drug related crime. He may indeed be a good kid who made a terrible and misguided decision. Hopefully he will learn from this and grow! I will miss the anticipation of his ability on the field at CU.

There is zero justification of this. Stole multiple expensive things and a controlled substance. Honestly, Gordon is not a huge loss but Falo could be two fold. We need a dynamic pass rusher and LB depth and we need his brother. Both are unlikely to happen.

Plead it out. Community service. On the field game one. I hate people doing stupid crap, and some things mean you don't deserve a second chance. This is nowhere near that level.
Agreed, silly dorm shenanigans that got out of control.

There'd have to be an elaborate prank war behind all this to explain stealing $1000+ worth of stuff with no apparent plan to return it. If somebody took your laptop, I doubt you'd call it a shenanigan. You'd call the cops just like these kids did.

Cam Newton got kicked out of Florida for something similar, so this stuff doesn't just get swept away on other campuses. The problem with theft is it's pretty cut and dry. Assault's, drug tests have a bit of grey area, but theft's are tough to talk your way out of, and they have a dollar value.

It'd be pretty rational if these kids never came back to the program, and it wouldn't be CU's fault for not taking football seriously enough, per the usual complaint.

I hope there suspensions serve notice to the rest of the team, that this is what will happen when you *uck up.

There'd have to be an elaborate prank war behind all this to explain stealing $1000+ worth of stuff with no apparent plan to return it. If somebody took your laptop, I doubt you'd call it a shenanigan. You'd call the cops just like these kids did.

Cam Newton got kicked out of Florida for something similar, so this stuff doesn't just get swept away on other campuses. The problem with theft is it's pretty cut and dry. Assault's, drug tests have a bit of grey area, but theft's are tough to talk your way out of, and they have a dollar value.

It'd be pretty rational if these kids never came back to the program, and it wouldn't be CU's fault for not taking football seriously enough, per the usual complaint.
Since when did a video game cost a thousand dollars?

Since when did a video game cost a thousand dollars?

Did you skip a part of the story or what?
Nu'umoto "N.J." Falo, 19, and Donald "Dino" Gordon, 20, were both booked into the Boulder County Jail at 1:48 a.m. Thursday on suspicion of second-degree burglary, theft between $2,000 and $4,999, drug possession and second-degree trespassing.

According to an arrest affidavit, the two players are alleged to have stolen prescription codeine, a PlayStation 4 console, video games, a laptop and other electronics from a dorm room in Willard Hall on April 12.

Let the facts play out.

You have judged these kids already.

Actually, you are the one that has judged them and found them guilty of only "silly dorm shenanigans". You clearly believe that you have "facts" and already know how they will "play out". Please share your inside info so we can see why you are so quick to give them a pass.

My limited and dated perspective is that the campus police were at a much lower teir of professionalism than BPD. While I expect them to be gone, I won't be surprised if there is a lot more to this story. The campus cops at CU were the most aggressive by far of the 5 universities I spent time at.

A silly dorm shenanigan is taking someone's towel when they are in the community shower down the hall, not breaking into someone else's room and stealing ~$3k in prescription drugs, laptops, video game consoles, and other electronics.

A silly dorm shenanigan is taking someone's towel when they are in the community shower down the hall, not breaking into someone else's room and stealing ~$3k in prescription drugs, laptops, video game consoles, and other electronics.
Not to defend theft, because stealing is bs, but we don't know how they are valuing the items that were taken. A 2 year old used PS4 is not worth as much as a brand new out of the box one. Cops tend to err on the side of overvaluing items rather than undervaluing them. They also have a tendency for overcharging and letting the DA's office sort it out. What someone was charged with upon their arrest and what they end up actually pleaing to or being convicted of, are two entirely different things.

Not to defend theft, because stealing is bs, but we don't know how they are valuing the items that were taken. A 2 year old used PS4 is not worth as much as a brand new out of the box one. Cops tend to err on the side of overvaluing items rather than undervaluing them. They also have a tendency for overcharging and letting the DA's office sort it out. What someone was charged with upon their arrest and what they end up actually pleaing to or being convicted of, are two entirely different things.
There's a lot of truth to this. particularly with the CUPD.

Ummmm.... the dollar amount is not the point here.
It could be the difference between a misdemeanor and felony, though.

Nobody is excusing their actions, but it's a well known fact that the CUPD inflates their charges.

It could be the difference between a misdemeanor and felony, though.

Nobody is excusing their actions, but it's a well known fact that the CUPD inflates their charges.
Understand. The $$ is not the point of my original comment about this just being "dorm room shenanigans", though.

As it pertains to the money and whether it's a misdemeanor or felony, I think it only matters for these two relative to how it affects their personal lives going forward, not whether they play football for CU again... Which I think is essentially a foregone conclusion that they won't be. At least for Dino that is.

Ummmm.... the dollar amount is not the point here.
Granted. The burglary of the controlled substance is going to be their biggest problem as it is a class 3 felony instead of 4. I was more talking about the machinations of the legal system and how things play out. Probable cause and proof beyond a reasonable doubt are two different standards. If they plea to or are convicted of misdemeanors (if the value is below $1000, it is a class 1 misdemeanor instead of a felony), there is a higher likelihood that they are able to come back. The felonies make that possibility very remote if not impossible, IMO. Either way the entire situation is ridiculous and shouldn't have happened.

Back