What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Falo and Gordon SUSPENDED sentences (reinstated for fall camp)

It could be the difference between a misdemeanor and felony, though.

Nobody is excusing their actions, but it's a well known fact that the CUPD inflates their charges.

Just doing their part to help CU earn a Fulmer cup.

An aside: Fulmer Cup points was Howell's focus on the story today. I found that to be a terrible approach to writing an article about this event. Maybe someday the buffs will have a professional writing about them.

Granted. The burglary of the controlled substance is going to be their biggest problem as it is a class 3 felony instead of 4. I was more talking about the machinations of the legal system and how things play out. Probable cause and proof beyond a reasonable doubt are two different standards. If they plea to or are convicted of misdemeanors (if the value is below $1000, it is a class 1 misdemeanor instead of a felony), there is a higher likelihood that they are able to come back. The felonies make that possibility very remote if not impossible, IMO. Either way the entire situation is ridiculous and shouldn't have happened.
Agreed. As others have stated, though, even if things shake out in their favor with the police and the law, they still have to face the CU student counsel court or whatever, in order to come back, and I just don't see that happening with the recent run of bad football publicity (Tupou, Samson, Robbins, etc.).

Where were you the day they were handing moral compasses?
Agree this is much more than shenanigans. But my moral compass tells me that these young men's lives are the most important thing and you do as much as possible to see their lives aren't ruined for a stupid lapse in judgement. I want to see these guys get their degrees and pass it on.

When I was in school we moved guys stuff from one room to another. We used their video games when they were in class,
There are lots of things that this could be. It also could be that they stole the stuff and now will pay a price. It will play out.

If the damned wing dick, or resident assistant, or whoever that was that saw Falo standing outside the dorm in the dark and "thought it was strange" had DONE HIS EFFING JOB this would never have happened!!! Why the hell didn't he go up to him and ask, "What the hell are you doing standing outside the dorm in the middle of the night?" If he'd done that, Falo would have skedaddled!

Well, if the ****ing police didn't spell codeine as ketamine, at least 50% of the posts would've never been written.
The specific statute is for possession of a Class I or II narcotic or Ketamine, they wrote it up the way it is supposed to be. People just don't know how to read and/or don't bother looking up information.

Well, if the ****ing police didn't spell codeine as ketamine, at least 50% of the posts would've never been written.

Heh, very true. I was more referring to the downplaying of theft charges. I just find that strange.

They're not kids. One is 19, the other 20. Thay can vote, sign a marraige license, and join the military.
I raised 2 sons. Believe me when I tell you 19 and 20 year olds do stupid ****. Male's brains aren't fully developed until they are around 25. That's why they make good soldiers. "You want me to take out that machine gun nest Sarge?"
Twenty year old: "Hey, no problem!"
Thirty year old: "**** you!"
Sixty year old: "HEY! YOU ****ERS IN THE MACHINE GUN NEST! GET OFF MY LAWN!!"

If the damned wing dick, or resident assistant, or whoever that was that saw Falo standing outside the dorm in the dark and "thought it was strange" had DONE HIS EFFING JOB this would never have happened!!! Why the hell didn't he go up to him and ask, "What the hell are you doing standing outside the dorm in the middle of the night?" If he'd done that, Falo would have skedaddled!
He/She/It was probably more concerned with political correctness and did not want to be accused of profiling or hurt anyone's feelings by confronting them.

What? So the blame goes to resident assistant! Got it, great, both players should be practicing soon then

jesus...they are gone
GORDON,DONALD RAY Booking #: 1603434 Booking Date: 04/28/2016 00:20 Location: BJ INT DOB: 01/17/1996 Race: B Sex: M Case No: 2016-850 Arresting Agency: UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO Charge Information: 18-18-403.5(2)(A) POSS OF I/II/KETAMIN Arrest Date: 04/27/2016 Charge Information: 18-4-203 BURGLARY SECOND DEGR Arrest Date: 04/27/2016 Charge Information: 18-4-401(2)(F) THEFT $2000-$4999 Arrest Date: 04/27/2016 Charge Information: 18-4-503 TRESPASS SECOND DEGR Arrest Date: 04/27/2016

Case No: 2016-0850 Arresting Agency: UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO Charge Information: 18-4-203(2) BURGLARY SECOND DEG- Arrest Date: 04/27/2016 Charge Information: 18-4-401(2)(F) THEFT $2000-$4999 Arrest Date: 04/27/2016 Charge Information: 18-18-403.5(2)(A) POSS OF I/II/KETAMIN Arrest Date: 04/27/2016 Charge Information: 18-4-503 TRESPASS SECOND DEGR Arrest Date: 04/27/2016

Per C.R.S. Title 18, the minimum for a Class 6 or Class 5 felony would be $1,000, which would include overlap with a Class 1 misdemeanor.

I don't do this kind of law at all, but here's the section of the statutes if you'd like to bore yourself to death.

Ketamine is a Schedule III, though. Depending on milligrams, so is codeine (like in Tylenol-3).

http://www.dea.gov/druginfo/ds.shtml

From the link posted by HighlandsBuff, Ketamine is specifically included in the same section as Schedule I and Schedule II, even though it is on Schedule III for the state. It is not listed as a I or II, it was specifically added by name to have the same penalty as a I or II. So the charge sheet is correct, because Codeine is a II, it falls under the statute that covers I/II/KETAMIN

So obviously this picture could be from a different time or something like that but it looks like falo and Dino were there.

Back