What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Favorite Buffs football memory?

FootballGazette

I remember rashaan salaam and the Michael Westbrook hail mary from Cordel, but that was the mid-90s. Then the Buffs were in the top ten back in 2002 ( if my memory serves me correctly) and now you guys have the Boulder football revival of 2016.

What's everyone's favorite CU football memory?

its nice to reminisce about the best times of CU football.... but we are in an amazing time that will have a place in Colorado's all time best football moments....

I was in Ann Arbor in 1994, I was in Boulder in 2001, I was in Lincoln in 2002..... those 2 wins against Nebraska for me were epic.... I came to CU in 1991 when we tied Nebraska.... that was a great... fun cold snowy game that I attended.... then went on a road trip in 1992 and felt demoralized in the cold wet rain... losing 52-7 with FR Koy Detmer as QB.... I made a promise that day to return to Lincoln until we won.... well I did... and viewed heartbreak in 94, 96, 98, 00.... finally winning in 02.... those 4 games that we lost were ALL WINNABLE..... especially 1996.... Ill never forget the dropped TD pass by Chris Anderson..... anyway... the build up made the 2001 game so special.... and then the 2002 game even more special (we were losing in the 3rd quarter)...

Ill vote 2001 CU-NU..... but something tells me that we may have some great things on the horizon....

Right now.

I graduated from CU in 2012. I have nothing but this.
Handling the Buffs success has been awkward for me and I'm still trying to figure it out...
11QE3tR.png

Right now.

I graduated from CU in 2012. I have nothing but this.
Handling the Buffs success has been awkward for me and I'm still trying to figure it out...
11QE3tR.png
Soak in every second because this is the year you will be talking about 20 years from now. Even if CU goes on to have great success in the coming years this is the year you will remember most. 1989 was the year for me and I still talk about that year as being the catalyst for the success that followed.

I also remember sitting in the stands on a perfect fall day a couple of years latter and saying something stupid like we're going to be good forever...

Do not take what is happening for granted!

First Nubs game when the schnapps wasn't enough to cut the cold. A blocked extra point returned for a tie.

Watching Westbrook throw a roundhouse pre-game against Miami.

Road trip to Norman to watch us knock Cale Gundy out of the game, the Sooner Schooner flip and the field "repaired" with duck tape.

Being in the student section when Salaam turned the corner and streaked down the sideline on Iowa State.

Watching a game, alone, at a bar in Diamond Bar, CA in maybe 95/96 and feeling down, wishing I was still in the stands. Celebrating after Chev scored just to find out one of his best friends from HS was there. Buff family is everywhere

Chris Brown x6 !!

A blocked field goal to seal a home victory against AJ Green and Georgia.

This entire season, shared with my son in the stands with me.... been a great ride with some bumps in the middle.

In person: Beating the Nubs in '86 for first time in years which validated what Mac was building towards.
Others: Natty vs ND, Miracle at Mich, 62-36
Hard to put this season in there yet, more time needs to go by and look back on it

My favorites were 2001 Nub beatdown, OU 2007, Meatchicken 1994. All 3 of those had me in complete euphoria. 1994 Iowa State would have been there had it not been for McCartney announcing his retirement after the game.

1986 vs the nubs. I was a Freshman at CU, but I grew up in Boulder and had been witness to some epic beat downs at the hands of those goobers. I'd also witnessed some really close games that could have been won. I remember seeing students hanging off of the goalposts after the game. I remember seeing somebody standing on the railing and swinging the speaker pole back and forth like a pendulum. That day was absolutely insane.

Started really following CU in 2007, my senior year of HS. This season is by far the most fun I have had since being a CU fan. Favorite moment of the season so far has to be that INT in the endzone against Oregon. That play could end up being a program re-defining play. I will say being in Ann Arbor and seeing the buffs go up 21-7 and silencing that crowd is up there as well.

In person: Beating the Nubs in '86 for first time in years

1986 vs the nubs. I was a Freshman at CU, but I grew up in Boulder and had been witness to some epic beat downs at the hands of those goobers. I'd also witnessed some really close games that could have been won. I remember seeing students hanging off of the goalposts after the game. I remember seeing somebody standing on the railing and swinging the speaker pole back and forth like a pendulum. That day was absolutely insane.

Watching Jeff Campbell's td reverse unfold almost in slo-mo, then hauling part of the south endzone goal post to the Harvest House... Insane is really the only word for that one.

1. The National Title. ( Hadnt been watching CU very long then.)
2. 1994 Michigan. ( Big Michigan fan, pussy didn't show up to school the Monday after lol. We were friends though so it was cool.)
3. 2001 Nebraska. ( Some many frustrating games leading up to that one over the years. Then we beat that ass like they stole something. Plus, won me quite a bit of money at work lol.)

First Nubs game when the schnapps wasn't enough to cut the cold. A blocked extra point returned for a tie.

Road trip to Norman to watch us knock Cale Gundy out of the game, the Sooner Schooner flip and the field "repaired" with duck tape.

Being in the student section when Salaam turned the corner and streaked down the sideline on Iowa State.

Watching a game, alone, at a bar in Diamond Bar, CA in maybe 95/96 and feeling down, wishing I was still in the stands. Celebrating after Chev scored just to find out one of his best friends from HS was there. Buff family is everywhere

Chris Brown x6 !!

This entire season, shared with my son in the stands with me.... been a great ride with some bumps in the middle.

we clearly went to CU at the same time.... That was a great 4 years to be a student.... 91-95.

Chris Brown x6 !!

The Miami game in '93 was one of my worst memories.... Westbrook didn't roundhouse anyone... he did a flying drop kick with his cleats in the air and ripped someones helmet off.... I remember screaming at an older woman dressed in Miami gear on my walk back to the Hill after the game... telling her that her team was despicable and that the refs called a BS offensive facemask to give Miami the win.....

Back