What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Few key offseason storylines

"A lot of the tests have come back positively," Boyle said. "We're hopeful. We're cautiously optimistic. We're moving forward with supervised workouts. Monitoring his heart rate. Getting feedback from him as he enters back in slowly to playing college basketball. He worked out with the guys (Thursday) and he'll be going through our April workouts. He'll go home in May and hopefully continue to just get better.

http://www.buffzone.com/mensbasketball/ci_31792629/cu-basketball-coach-tad-boyle-doesnt-expect-yet

This article focused on Battey, but all the actual info points to him recovering without further mishap, so far. Makes me think any attrition will come from another player who hasn't made up his mind yet.

Looks like we are headed back to hurricane country again this fall for the 2018 Puerto Rico Tip Off Tournament. Teams include Colorado, Saint Joe's, Arkansas, Wake Forest, West Virginia, UCF, Cal State Fullerton and one more.

Looks like we are headed back to hurricane country again this fall for the 2018 Puerto Rico Tip Off Tournament. Teams include Colorado, Saint Joe's, Arkansas, Wake Forest, West Virginia, UCF, Cal State Fullerton and one more.
Where are you seeing this? That would be the 2nd pre-season tournament

Brother in law is a big St Joe's fan. He thought we could play in 2 tournaments which does seem odd.
I don't know if it's NCAA allowed. But maybe, and I'm spitballing here, the money saved by going to Lynchburg instead of the Islands for the Paradise Jam last year is being used for a 2nd tourney this year? And, I'm not sure this tourney will be in PR either, as it is (tragically) still a mess

Says it's going to be in Myrtle Beach. Teams: "Cal State Fullerton, Saint Joseph’s, UCF, Valparaiso, Wake Forest, West Virginia and Western Kentucky with an eighth team to be announced at a later date". "November 15, 16 and 18, at the HTC Center on the campus of Coastal Carolina University." Go Eighth Team Buffaloes ?!?! Doubt it.

Says it's going to be in Myrtle Beach. Teams: "Cal State Fullerton, Saint Joseph’s, UCF, Valparaiso, Wake Forest, West Virginia and Western Kentucky with an eighth team to be announced at a later date". "November 15, 16 and 18, at the HTC Center on the campus of Coastal Carolina University." Go Eighth Team Buffaloes ?!?! Doubt it.

that was 2017.

No big schools to get a signature win iver. Tons of schools we have a REALLY good chance of losing too

TCU is a definite top 25 team going into next year. Rhode Island was in the top 25 all year last year, although they will be taking a step back. Vegas is still a name brand, even if they're down. Should be a really strong RPI tournament, as long as you don't play both Charlotte and Hawaii.

TCU is a definite top 25 team going into next year. Rhode Island was in the top 25 all year last year, although they will be taking a step back. Vegas is still a name brand, even if they're down. Should be a really strong RPI tournament, as long as you don't play both Charlotte and Hawaii.
I am excited about this tournament, a great opportunity for these buffs. Additionally, UNLV is sneaky good, even though they fell apart at the end of the year. They played Nevada really tough three times, beat Utah and nearly beat Arizona. They also beat the living crap out of the pokes. I think a win over UNLV, if we get to play them, could carry some weight.

Battey's tweet made my day...been saying that the Buffs are locks for the NIT with the assumption that Battey wouldn't be able to play. I think the actual NCAA tourney is where CU should be going next season.

Honestly next years team has the chance to be very dangerous. Battey is a much larger addition than we are realizing imo, I think he will be a large presence for us and has the potential to be something special. Big Gravy and Kin should do some damage. In addition, the three new players brought in this year are pretty great fits for tad ball. If the chemistry develops and Kin refines his 3pt shot, the Buffs look like a sleeper team.

Article says Battey had a stroke. He has to work his way back to playing condition. Hopefully he can go all out by November.

Article says Battey had a stroke. He has to work his way back to playing condition. Hopefully he can go all out by November.

I can't help but feel that it's a minor miracle that he's back and doing workouts at this point, and that he's on track to play.

I wonder what kind of medical monitoring will be in place for him during games.

Tad says in the article what he is doing now is not comparable to playing in the Pac12

Back