What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Few key offseason storylines

Kane, think you saw something completely different than literally everyone else. Schwartz had the biggest adjustment to make, but he figured it out as the season went along. Massive offensive upside.
Apparently, I've either seen something that isn't there or that others are missing. What I see when I watch Schwartz is a young man with:
1. Good talent and athleticism
2. Good overall skills
3. Talent to slash to the basket
4. A solid shot
5. A decent defender

So why do I question what he will be this year? It's because I also saw:
1. A guy that completely lacked confidence. No idea why this was the case.
2. A guy that had to stop and think every time the ball came his way (Was he swimming or are his basketball instincts not great?).
3. A tendency to dribble too high which limited his talent of slashing to the basket.
4. A guy that was not quite as quick laterally as he needed to be on defense (I think this has less to do with talent and more to do with the fact he lacked confidence and was constantly thinking, "am I doing the right thing?").

I fully expect Schwartz will understand everything happening on the court by next year. So I assume item #2 will come down to whether he has good instincts or not. With a better understanding I think his game will improve. I also think that is why we saw improvement at the end of last year.

The unknown for me, when it comes to Schwartz is when and or if he will gain his confidence. If he gets it during this off season or early next season, then he WILL become a very good player for the Buffs. Without that confidence, he will continue to struggle. Thus Schwartz is an unknown in my eyes.

Kane, think you saw something completely different than literally everyone else. Schwartz had the biggest adjustment to make, but he figured it out as the season went along. Massive offensive upside.
Agreed. Kane's assessment of Schwartz is very odd. And very wrong.

Back