What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

What's MacIntyre's buyout at FIU? CU's right back where they were 10 years ago. In need of a dumpster fire extinguisher.
NMSU, UMass, UTEP would punk the Buffs this season and for the foreseeable future.

I hate to throw out coaching names that sound stupid. But what about Rex Ryan. Only wants to be a HC and is not getting another chance in the NFL. Boundless enthusiasm. Took the freaking jets to 2 AFC Championship games with Mark Sanchez as the damn QB. Would come in and inject so much life into things with his personality. 59 but a young 59 energy wise. Ex players like Bart Scott have nothing but great things to say. I dunno. Just a thought.

At least she had the sense to fire her subpar coach after 13 games when he was 7-6. Meanwhile we're on year 3 with this garbage coach and Rick George is MIA.
I’d imagine if RG had the budget that firing Dorrell would be a no brainer for him.

I think there was a chance to fire KD in season - particularly after Nebraska fired Scott Frost - and then Mickey Joseph's team got killed (at home).

I can't imagine a coaching change in season now, no matter what the record is.

"We got to find the how ?"

WTF does that even mean??

the real “how” is how the athletic department can spin this. You can tell they’ve tried to young team angle just by the graphics yesterday showing the breakdown of the roster. We all know the real reality of the “young” excuse. But now that the media is taking notice of how bad this team is, it’s going to be harder for the athletic department to just pretend everything is okay with the football program in Boulder.

I think KD:

50% thinks he is a good coach
And the 50% who questions that is too arrogant to admit it. So you have those ridiculous quotes like the one I mentioned above.

So - If money is a factor - KD won't take a reduced buyout until he is embarrassed and doesn't want to continue with the job. Most people would be embarrassed by now. But I don't think he gets it. It might take going 0-7 and really ugly atmospheres at Folsom to get through to a tone-deaf KD. You try to fire him now, he will probably think he is a victim. For most programs, the money wouldn't matter, and KD is fired tomorrow.
KD said that 2021 was his worst job at coaching in his career. With 2022 being even worse so far since the team has been non-competitive, maybe KD would have enough self awareness to work out terms to leave.

It doesn't happen often, but we have seen HCs resign.

Playing the 4-2-5 defense against three teams that run the ball well, and then noticing how little we were subbing the 2 big guys up front was troublesome to say the least, and now we own the worst run defense in the country. If the theory is that the PAC12 teams play a more spread style of play and do not focus on the run is naive because once they watch our film, everyone in the league will run on us
In other words:

We were in a fvcking Nickel defense against the best rushing team in the P5. A fvcking Nickel. And out of that fvcking Nickel, we didn't even try to stack the box or call any run blitzes. Wilson is a fvcking disaster as a DC.

The guaranteed contract makes it easier to fire Dorrell now, as opposed to waiting for a lower buyout time. We have nothing to lose or gain advantage by keeping him around. A coach on staff already on salary would take over. Or even make Lance Carl take over and clean up his and RG's mess.

I'm hoping that KD is in RG's office now and RG says take a lower payout and say he's "resigning" for the good of the team and the school. Or get summarily fired and lose more face.

KD said that 2021 was his worst job at coaching in his career. With 2022 being even worse so far since the team has been non-competitive, maybe KD would have enough self awareness to work out terms to leave.

It doesn't happen often, but we have seen HCs resign.
Gary Anderson at Oregon State comes to mind. He walked away and left a bunch of money on the table if I recall (it was an honorable way to do it).

The guaranteed contract makes it easier to fire Dorrell now, as opposed to waiting for a lower buyout time. We have nothing to lose or gain advantage by keeping him around. A coach on staff already on salary would take over. Or even make Lance Carl take over and clean up his and RG's mess.
Yea on contract. no incentive to wait. Team might play inspired from here. I think Chris Wilson is a cancer and needs to go as well. The ILB coach can handle it and elevate Jeff Smart to position coach

Hell no on Lance Carl.

I'm hoping that KD is in RG's office now and RG says take a lower payout and say he's "resigning" for the good of the team and the school. Or get summarily fired and lose more face.
I’d tell RG, you are an idiot for hiring me so pay up in full or I’ll continue to go thru the motions like Scott Frost did, and the cancer will stay embedded in all facets of the program.
RG must go. It’s not KDs fault that Rick hired him, and with a ridiculous guarantee. To me, that’s the big sin.

I guess then I'm curious about the different question :)

I just think Higher Education is changing so rapidly that these rankings don't really mean much for where CU is at. Maybe if we were a top 30 school in the rankings or something
They matter. My daughter was astutely aware that the aerospace engineering school was tops despite the overall ranking. But thats the high GPA kid.

I think to your main point though administrations are too focused on them and do too much to tweak/fudge/manipulate them. My dad was close to some admin folks at UF that retired in the last couple of years and they were hyper focused on these rankings and improving them. Back when I was picking schools I simply wanted to be in the west, have access to skiing, and wanted good sports to attend. The skiing angle is now done due to I70 sucking. Somewhere else someone pointed out that CU loosened admission standards for out of state $$$. That could be true.

My daughter pointed out to me that there is this girl who has a million tik tok followers that chose Alabama because of their rush and greek system and the pageantry of it (wtf!). Marshalls sponsors her and decorated her room. I mention this because kids are choosing schools or are strongly influenced thru social media. Nice dorms, good food, and amenities like rec centers are super important now.

UWs campus is pretty.

Last edited:
Back