What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#FireROD (UPDATE: #woot!)

I believe that what KD thinks he's doing here is to lay the groundwork to promoting Vlachos to the permanent position in January.

The impression he's actually giving, however, is evident by the posts here on this board.
You are probably right. How is he in charge again?

which leads one to obvious question of why Karl Dorrell wasn't noticing this and correcting this in the offseason rather than halfway through the season.

I was going to post this fun anecdote the other day shared by a friend the other day. My friend was on the sideline a few games ago, I think the MN game, and said he was hanging out with McChesney. O Line players were coming over to McChesney asking him about techniques, and what the MN D was doing at the line. Apparently coach Rod yelled at him for it. McChesney looked at my friend and said how ****ty the O line coach must be if the players are coming to him during a game asking for help.

I was going to post this fun anecdote the other day shared by a friend the other day. My friend was on the sideline a few games ago, I think the MN game, and said he was hanging out with McChesney. O Line players were coming over to McChesney asking him about techniques, and what the MN D was doing at the line. Apparently coach Rod yelled at him for it. McChesney looked at my friend and said how ****ty the O line coach must be if the players are coming to him during a game asking for help.
That's it, he is no longer even Capt. Gumbo, it is Sgt. Gumbo from now on....

If the OL starts playing competently, what does that say?

1) That Vlachos is a decent coach and just needed his break?
A) that KD is a fool for hiring Rod in the first place, compounding the problem by waiting so long to kick him to the curb?

I’m actually a little excited to see what, if anything, Vlachos can do. This could be his big break if he can help squeeze another 2-3 wins out of the season.

Stacey Abrams Democrat GIF by GIPHY News

not without LandMan

Yes. I'm not sure if KD is trying to spin this as a good thing. But the fact that your players think they learned more in 2 days from a QC coach than 2 years with the OL coach you chose and you had no idea is a major red flag. It's one thing to make a hiring mistake or execution mistake. It's incompetence to not even realize it was a mistake.
and pocketed serious cash

We all know he is trying to pump up Vlachos and defend the decision to fire Rod (like it needed defending), but his lack of awareness about what this comment says about him as the Head Coach is astounding and just adds to the legend that is Karl Dorrell
Exactly. Any other coach with an above room temperature IQ would have said something like “The new system has a ways to go, but sometimes you just need a change of pace.”

Back