What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#FireROD (UPDATE: #woot!)

the office eating GIF

Be great to have Alex Kelley help out with the OL, but not on shotgun snaps. So many bad low snaps during his time lol.

We all know he is trying to pump up Vlachos and defend the decision to fire Rod (like it needed defending), but his lack of awareness about what this comment says about him as the Head Coach is astounding and just adds to the legend of Karl Dorrell
This. Astounding.

RG has to now wonder (and investigate) if the leadership at the top isn't the A1 problem at hand. Is KD a leader that demands the type of respect needed from players and staff? I can state that I'd be surprised to find that to be true.

It is still a little jarring to watch games and see the head coach who seems totally disengaged from the action on the field. I guess it should not be that shocking it would be the same on non-gamedays.
I do wonder how much is just coach speak. Of course he’s going to spin the decision as amazing. It’s entirely possible that there hasn’t been any meaningful change on the OL but he’s got to say something

It is still a little jarring to watch games and see the head coach who seems totally disengaged from the action on the field. I guess it should not be that shocking it would be the same on non-gamedays.
To make the game more fun we could turn it into a drinking game. Every time the camera shows him standing there staring off into space not saying a word, take a drink.

Those comments from KD are absurd. Throwing rod under the bus like that is just terrible. Especially when KDs whole MO was supposed to be that of a classy calm individual.

I can’t understand how Dorell didn’t know that Mitchrod was a problem. This is absolutely inexcusable.

It doesn’t seem that he is working hard enough.

Any HC worth his salt at this level, especially ones who have "specialized" on the offensive side of the ball their entire career, should be able to immediately rewatch any play on the sideline during a game and diagnose exactly what the problem was and why it did or didn't work.

Is anyone confident that KD can do that on any given play during a game? His inaction with the OL until after week 8, his responses of "I don't know" when asked what's wrong with the OL, and now his comments this week about the OL learning a lot, pretty much solidifies in my mind that he can't, and that is entirely unacceptable.

Any HC worth his salt at this level, especially ones who have "specialized" on the offensive side of the ball their entire career, should be able to immediately rewatch any play on the sideline during a game and diagnose exactly what the problem was and why it did or didn't work.

Is anyone confident that KD can do that on any given play during a game? His inaction with the OL until after week 8, his responses of "I don't know" when asked what's wrong with the OL, and now his comments this week about the OL learning a lot, pretty much solidifies in my mind that he can't, and that is entirely unacceptable.
HCKD seems like he is concentrating hard on doing a Jedi mind trick on the sideline.

Back