What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#FireROD (UPDATE: #woot!)

I'm sorry, but are you trash talking a player??? Sic him, Berger!
I get the feeling that our OL is going to look like world-beaters and that Rod had them mind f-ed and the transfers and everyone else can revert to the good coaching they had and just let it rip

Animated GIF

this is some classy **** right here. nothing screams p5 professional coach like selling your gear on facebook.

how the **** this guy got this job is a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

huuuuuge market for 3x and 4x size stuff too. genius.

before, i felt a little bad this guy lost his job, now he needs to GTFO. uh, many he can score a couple hundred bucks off the gear and washer/dryer. who the **** does this? in his position? uncoaching? unprintable ****ing absurdity.

g.t.f.o.

this is some classy **** right here. nothing screams p5 professional coach like selling your gear on facebook.

how the **** this guy got this job is a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

huuuuuge market for 3x and 4x size stuff too. genius.

before, i felt a little bad this guy lost his job, now he needs to GTFO. uh, many he can score a couple hundred bucks off the gear and washer/dryer. who the **** does this? in his position? uncoaching? unprintable ****ing absurdity.

g.t.f.o.
Yep. A professional at the level he was hired and paid to occupy does not behave like that.

I don’t blame the guy. He is who he is. I do blame the ****ing idiots who thought it was a good idea to hire him, and didn’t recognize two ****ing years ago what a massive mistake it was.
Yeah, I could have been clocking those ducats and sliding info to Allbuffs under a sock account. Couldn’t have made it any worse, and I coached some high school lines that collectively punched above their weight class in the highest levels of FL HS football.
Missed opportunity.

If the OL starts playing competently, what does that say?

1) That Vlachos is a decent coach and just needed his break?
A) that KD is a fool for hiring Rod in the first place, compounding the problem by waiting so long to kick him to the curb?

I’m actually a little excited to see what, if anything, Vlachos can do. This could be his big break if he can help squeeze another 2-3 wins out of the season.
Yes?

Hard to bitch about not having enough budget when you waste the money you're given in ways the average fan knew was stupid.
The standard practice for fixing a problem at CU seems to be to throw money at the problem instead of trying to figure out what the problem really is. Yes, sometimes it’s money, but often it’s something different.

Probably panicked about settling into his CO lifestyle after last year, thinking if he pulled the wool over everyone after only one season. Now being canned, no way he was going to afford the new digs and appliances. Fire sale, and head south?

The standard practice for fixing a problem at CU seems to be to throw money at the problem instead of trying to figure out what the problem really is. Yes, sometimes it’s money, but often it’s something different.
Like water bottles. We're talking about water bottles, right?

Probably panicked about settling into his CO lifestyle after last year, thinking if he pulled the wool over everyone after only one season. Now being canned, no way he was going to afford the new digs and appliances. Fire sale, and head south?
He invested it all in crawdad futures, so things are a bit lean until that pays off.

Honestly, does anyone think that coachSled would have turned down this job if we offered him $100k? He was a failing HS coach. This was his chance to get back to the show.

Does anyone think Dorrell would have walked away if we offered him $1.5M/year? The guy just built a house in Boulder and was a struggling position coach for a bad NFL team.

It's crazy. No one else wanted these guys yet we backed up the truck for their contracts.

Honestly, does anyone think that coachSled would have turned down this job if we offered him $100k? He was a failing HS coach. This was his chance to get back to the show.

Does anyone think Dorrell would have walked away if we offered him $1.5M/year? The guy just built a house in Boulder and was a struggling position coach for a bad NFL team.

It's crazy. No one else wanted these guys yet we backed up the truck for their contracts.
This is why RG has been totally 100% negligent in doing his job. He ****ed up HCMM's buyout and we way overpaid for that. He allowed dip**** Jim Leavitt to sit around trying to unseat HCMM in what was a very awkward situation that RG should have figured out much quicker (he eventually did and realized Leavitt was an asshole). He's been somehow manipulated by Coach Chev for 5 years despite little production from the guy outside of being a decent WR coach.And he got played by Mel, then panicked (most importantly). The hiring of KD is not how professional ADs go about hiring a head football coach.

There's a lot of really good coaching options he could have chosen, although most without the flash and shininess of Sark. But finding a solid HC with a verifiable expertise as a current or former coordinator, with a Rolodex of CFB assistants was not too much to ask. There was no "pressing timeframe" to get a guy in house urgently as many on here opined at the time. Recruiting was done and RG could have taken an extra 2 weeks. He clearly panicked and then decided that CU had to pay top dollar because why? Show? WTF Rick, this is real coin, a bit of it that I personally donated (not much from his view, but plenty from where I sit).

I want Rick George to resign.

Back