What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#FireROD (UPDATE: #woot!)

I’m all for this change, but does it seem weird that we are promoting the guy who was responsible for coaching blitz pickup? Have we picked up a blitz this year?
I’m not sure but I think his assignment has been on the defensive side of things. Blitz packages and offensive front recognition for the defense. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Pretty obvious McC was campaigning for the job and didn't get it. That's at least somewhat encouraging we didn't cave and hire someone desperate and unqualified. Time will tell if we are truly committed to improving based on who is the OL coach going in to next year.

Last edited:
Paul Bearer Dance GIF by Jason Clarke

I don't know who needs to hear this, but if I hear one more mother****er suggest that CU hire Matt McChesney in any capacity as a coach, I will personally find that person and kick their ass.

1. MitchRod was an absolute unmitigated disaster as the OL coach, and many (correctly) point out that he was a HS OL coach before getting to CU. He had at least coached OL in college in some capacity. To my knowledge, McChesney has never coached organized football at any level. Period.
  2. "He'd at least lock down Colorado recruiting."
    1. See the top overall point- he's never coached a day in college. That also means he's never recruited an OL to a school. If you were a premier OL prospect, you're going to go to CU and be coached by a guy who's never coached at this level?
    2. Here's the list of Six Zero guys I could find (also think Aidan Keanaaina‍ and Atteberry are missing). It's about half of the 4-5* to come from the state since he opened his doors.
    3. If I were a HS coach, I'd be pissed off at a guy who thinks he can coach and train my players better than I can to the point he charges for it- do you think many of them are on friendly terms with McChesney?
  3. McChesney, and more specifically his personality, would cause major issues at CU. Remember how I said it was plenty humiliating to be a CU fan right now? What happens when two assistant coaches get into a fistfight on the sideline?
  4. STOP HIRING GUYS BECAUSE THEIR PRIMARY QUALIFICATION IS THAT THEY USED TO BE BUFFS
  5. Again, and this is the most important point, we just got rid of a guy who was hilariously underqualified- you want to see that movie again?

I don't know who needs to hear this, but if I hear one more mother****er suggest that CU hire Matt McChesney in any capacity as a coach, I will personally find that person and kick their ass.

1. MitchRod was an absolute unmitigated disaster as the OL coach, and many (correctly) point out that he was a HS OL coach before getting to CU. He had at least coached OL in college in some capacity. To my knowledge, McChesney has never coached organized football at any level. Period.
    1. See the top overall point- he's never coached a day in college. That also means he's never recruited an OL to a school. If you were a premier OL prospect, you're going to go to CU and be coached by a guy who's never coached at this level?
    2. Here's the list of Six Zero guys I could find (also think Aidan Keanaaina‍ and Atteberry are missing). It's about half of the 4-5* to come from the state since he opened his doors.
    3. If I were a HS coach, I'd be pissed off at a guy who thinks he can coach and train my players better than I can to the point he charges for it- do you think many of them are on friendly terms with McChesney?
  3. McChesney, and more specifically his personality, would cause major issues at CU. Remember how I said it was plenty humiliating to be a CU fan right now? What happens when two assistant coaches get into a fistfight on the sideline?
  4. STOP HIRING GUYS BECAUSE THEIR PRIMARY QUALIFICATION IS THAT THEY USED TO BE BUFFS
  5. Again, and this is the most important point, we just got rid of a guy who was hilariously underqualified- you want to see that movie again?
Maybe you’re aiming this at the general Twitterverse but is anyone around here advocating for McC other than as a reality tv side show? I think the posters here know it would not end well

Maybe you’re aiming this at the general Twitterverse but is anyone around here advocating for McC other than as a reality tv side show? I think the posters here know it would not end well
Not sure if by "here" you mean "Allbuffs" specifically, but Kelli Brooks is someone, and I don't think she's advocating for a side show.

I heard that Snow wanted to hire Matt. Hey Snow - incoming!!!

Not sure if by "here" you mean "Allbuffs" specifically, but Kelli Brooks is someone, and I don't think she's advocating for a side show.
Pretty sure she deleted her tweet that seemed to be promoting him.

Which would seem to be a "on second thought, that's kind of a bad idea" indication.

Our boosters are what got us Jon Embree as head football coach. Love their passion and support, but they need to be removed from the decision making process on coaching hires.

I don't think I've seen it here other than Kelli Brooks' tweets being posted, but I'm trying to get ahead of the curve.

Fuselier is quite an annoying character as well
could you finish that thought, "as well" as who? in context of the discussion regarding kicking mother****ers asses who advocate for McChesney, it would appear you mean Brooks, but I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt here.

could you finish that thought, "as well" as who? in context of the discussion regarding kicking mother****ers asses who advocate for McChesney, it would appear you mean Brooks, but I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt here.
0 idea what your talking about with ass kicking. Just said fusilier has been annoying on Twitter

What exactly do they do at six zero academy? Do they actually coach football or is it just training or what?

Build the Bridge to Success​

Egos at the door. If you are ready to work, we are ready to take you to the next level.

Although we specialize in football training, we offer speed, agility, and strength training programs that cross over to all sports. We can also tailor a program to your sport or team. In our gym we also can offer personal 1-on-1 sessions with professional footballers who know what it takes to be seen and taken seriously in high school and college.

What exactly do they do at six zero academy? Do they actually coach football or is it just training or what?
It's a gym for training high school kids and getting them more exposure to colleges. I believe the workouts are more football specific and he teaches a lot of technique. I have also seen him doing film sessions with high school kids, college players during the offseason or while they are home for breaks, as well as NFL guys like Risner, Phil Lindsay, and others.

i like the idea of the bama guy in the role; he has more experience coaching at the right level than either mcchesney or the dude from the louisiana high school. matt seems like a passionate dude -- i don't mind him campaigning for the job. that doesn't mean he should be hired for this.

maybe he and dave logan can run a clinic or something.

Egos at the door. If you are ready to work, we are ready to take you to the next level.

Although we specialize in football training, we offer speed, agility, and strength training programs that cross over to all sports. We can also tailor a program to your sport or team. In our gym we also can offer personal 1-on-1 sessions with professional footballers who know what it takes to be seen and taken seriously in high school and college.
That's some bull**** right there. Basketball shape and football shape are two very different things. I'm like, I'm in shape going into a basketball season. I found out I wasn't pretty quickly. :D

It's a couple of doors down from a liquor store so parents can participate too.

Back