What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Football Spring Practices start February 22nd

Some numbers from testing: http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2017/4/21/football-notebook-end-of-spring-strength-testing.aspx

From a pure strength standpoint, nose tackle Javier Edwards squatted 500 pounds five times while benching 405 twice Friday. Fellow defensive lineman Chris Mulumba was able to bench press 355 pounds five times, as was outside linebacker Terran Hasselbach.

George Frazier put up five reps at 425 in the squat and bench-pressed 340 pounds five times.

Inside linebacker Drew Lewis lifted nearly twice his own body weight, which was at 230 during spring football. He squatted an impressive 435 pounds six times Friday. Wide receiver Devin Ross was much of the same. He weighed 185 earlier this spring, but squatted 335 pounds six times with ease Friday.

In the secondary, both Ryan Moeller and Nick Fisher tested well. Moeller, weighing in at 215 pounds, bench pressed 295 pounds five times and squatted 395 pounds three times. Fisher, who weighed in at 190 this spring, squatted 365 pounds six times and bench pressed 305 pounds six times as well.

Quarterback Steven Montez squatted 350 six times and benched 260 six times.

Then looking at some of the newcomers who graduated high school early to enroll at CU this spring, Isaiah Lewis and Jaylon Jackson showed strength in their first spring lifting with the team. Lewis, weighing 190 pounds, squatted 315 six times and bench pressed 225 four times. Jackson, who we remind you is working his way back from two separate knee injuries over the past two years, tested out at 285 in the squat and did that six times.

Looks like if Javier can build his endurance (and assuming he has the technique), he certainty has the strength one would look for as a 0 technique DT. That's 2 more if's than I want, but we shall see.

Just thought I would throw this out there but LOL at sheriron jones in the passing skills part of tennessees spring game today. He is also third string still.

All that bitterness will burn you up inside.
Haha not bitter at all. I was just sitting at a bar with some buddies and the Tennessee spring game happened to be on and this quarterback was missing every target in the skills competition, turned out to be jones and it cracked me up. I also couldn't hear anything since it wasn't over the loud speakers so maybe he was hurt or something.

Haha not bitter at all. I was just sitting at a bar with some buddies and the Tennessee spring game happened to be on and this quarterback was missing every target in the skills competition, turned out to be jones and it cracked me up. I also couldn't hear anything since it wasn't over the loud speakers so maybe he was hurt or something.

If this board has an expert about pent up bitterness inside ...

Love that the 40 isn't part of their testing (at least for right now). So irrelevant
It's definitely a good sign that our S&C program is focused on explosion and agility versus straight line speed. We see it in recruiting, too. MacIntyre likes well-rounded athletes and doesn't get too enamored with 40 times.

Drew Lewis continues to be the star of off-season workouts. Hopefully that translates onto the field in the fall because we could be looking at an upgrade.

Drew Lewis continues to be the star of off-season workouts. Hopefully that translates onto the field in the fall because we could be looking at an upgrade.
That would help. Seen plenty of guys that could blow it up in workouts and what not. When they strapped it up, a bit different. I'm sure you get what I'm saying. Hopefully he'll be the exception.

The improvement in athleticism from just a few years ago is staggering. More of a comment on where we were, but it's fun having a bunch of athletes again.

Back