What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Football Spring Practices start February 22nd

Only a school record for a 100 run as part of a decathlon but him competing in the decathlon shows how good an athlete he actually is.

He is not only the faster of that group of runners he also looks to be the most muscular.
To be clear, and I think this was your intent, the 10.84 100m is a school record for a 100m in the decathlon, but Cliff Branch owns the 100m school record at 10.0 flat.

To be clear, and I think this was your intent, the 10.84 100m is a school record for a 100m in the decathlon, but Cliff Branch owns the 100m school record at 10.0 flat.

That was exactly my intent.

There have been multiple CU athletes including football players who ran faster than 10.84. In the context of a decathlete though who is doing the entire range of events it is an impressive time.

That was exactly my intent.

There have been multiple CU athletes including football players who ran faster than 10.84. In the context of a decathlete though who is doing the entire range of events it is an impressive time.
Most definitely impressive. He's going to be a star.

Meters. That time in 1972 still ranks top 5 all time Pac10/12. Branch is arguably one of the best CU athletes of all time. Should be an NFL HOF'r.
Branch's 10.0 flat would appear to still be a Big8/12 record, but the crappy Big12 record books don't seem to care about the Big8.

And I thought that CU was bad with the paranoia around practices. Louisville didn't even televise its spring game and didn't allow local media to take any video. So this:

10 flat is world class speed. Could have been an olympian.
1972 US Olympic Trials 100m winning time was 9.9 and was a WR by two sprinters (tie), Rey Robinson and Eddy Hart. 1972 Olympic Games in Munich 100m winning time 10.14. Incredibly, Robinson and Hart missed their quarter final heats at the Olympics due to a coaching error, and were disqualified from further competition in the event. Their coach didn't have them in the stadium in time to compete.

nice to hear about these types of performance improvements! it shows that the program building is working. we are so much better off foundationally than we were not so long ago. gotta bring in more elite athletes and keep winning and this thing will really be rolling.

Back