What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Football Spring Practices start February 22nd

Ouch. Hip dislocation? First and foremost hope he has a successful surgery and doesn't have any lingering effects in his life. Get well, Kyle.

Thoughts out to him. That is a gruesome injury.

RB depth just took a major hit. Bisharat and/or Fontenot better be ready to help carry the load in a significant way.

And a dangerous one. They probably have him on blood thinners.

Sad day for Kyle but glad he was placed on scholly last season. Now if he medically retires he gets his school paid for.
Better move Bishrat back from LB. Oh wait he never moved. Lee and Adkins may still have a shot at significant PT.

Gotta hope the role the coaches envision for Bisharat materializes and that Fontenot is as good as the coaches think he is. Sucks to hear about Kyle.

Tough break for Kyle.

I'm pulling for him to come through a successful surgery and a full recovery.

The horse is not dead. He's just always injured. I thought that was clear.
OK, I have been quick to rip on those who think Adkins is a great running back. However, as a guy who is a clear backup that gets 8-10 touches a game, he could thrive. It would minimize the odds of him being injured and allow him to use his quickness as the other teams tire. I can't believe I am saying this, but I am more than comfortable with Adkins as the second back...........oops never mind, I hear the wind hit him too hard this morning and he is now out for the year.

Adkins got some mop-up duty at the end of the year, which could have been Bisharat's or others. That suggests he may have worked his way out of the dog house in time for his Senior Year. I've been looking to find the story on him one way or another. He could be cruising thru (going thru the motions) to get a few more classes under his belt (ala Rippy) or he could very well be refocused and been working his tail off for some time, going back to sometime last season.

Funny how our definitions of depth are so dynamic. A few years ago, nobody thinks twice that our 4th or 5th RB might be a TRUE frosh.

Did he get mop up duty? CU has him as DNP for all but three games.
Yeah - but I thought he had more, until you made me look it up!

He was the RB who got carries against Arizona in the 4th quarter, that was our 10th game. He only got 3 carries, but he was the only RB to see a play besides Lindsay. I remember being very surprised at the time to see him get those carries instead of someone like Beau B.

Evans DNP vs Arizona, then got a total of 4 carries the rest of the year. Everything else was Lindsay.

With the practices locked down, and no information coming out? makes this Spring very dis-interesting. Not sure I will come up for the spring game. Last couple of times going to the spring games have been boring. Not sure what is happening?? CU should use this time to build momentum and and create some excitement.
as bad as hawkins was - I loved his kids day scheduled around the spring game. My daughter loved it as much as I did. she got to play volleyball with Buff VB players, tackle tackling dummies, kick soccer balls with Buff soccer players, and of course meet and greets with the players and coaches. With the recent formats, CU will never have spring games like teams from the south. Those teams spring games are as crowded as game day.
Disappointing.

With the practices locked down, and no information coming out? makes this Spring very dis-interesting. Not sure I will come up for the spring game. Last couple of times going to the spring games have been boring. Not sure what is happening?? CU should use this time to build momentum and and create some excitement.
as bad as hawkins was - I loved his kids day scheduled around the spring game. My daughter loved it as much as I did. she got to play volleyball with Buff VB players, tackle tackling dummies, kick soccer balls with Buff soccer players, and of course meet and greets with the players and coaches. With the recent formats, CU will never have spring games like teams from the south. Those teams spring games are as crowded as game day.
Disappointing.
CU will never generate the kind of crowd for a Spring Game like teams from the South

The Spring Game is an untapped resource. They could use it as a way to connect with fans. Instead, it's been little more than a glorified practice session held in the stadium.
I haven't heard it there are plans to hold an actual game this year or not. I'd like to go, but only if there's something to see.

The Spring Game is an untapped resource. They could use it as a way to connect with fans. Instead, it's been little more than a glorified practice session held in the stadium.
I haven't heard it there are plans to hold an actual game this year or not. I'd like to go, but only if there's something to see.
I'm okay with the current setup. We've had one scrimmage so far this Spring and lost a productive RB for the season and possibly beyond.

Should be a function in the IPF (and another in Club + Suites areas) for those who have renewed season tickets at whatever level. Make it an EVENT. Make it something that you want to be a part of and adds value to your season ticket package.

Spring Game is still full contact, it's just not a game format. It's a scrimmage format. I definitely don't want them out there doing full Special Teams stuff other than FG and the Punt stuff (with no contact), but would like to see them treat it like a regular game. Maybe 10 minute quarters, with regular timing rules. Seniors are divided up and choose teams.

Coach McCartney made it a big deal. They would choose up sides and the losers had to serve the winners steak dinner. It meant something to the players and the fans that were there could tell.
I'm firmly in the dislike group for what it's become.

Coach McCartney made it a big deal. They would choose up sides and the losers had to serve the winners steak dinner. It meant something to the players and the fans that were there could tell.
I'm firmly in the dislike group for what it's become.
Embree did the same thing and even had it under the lights.

Well, if injuries are a concern, why play games at all?
Your obvious logical fallacies aside, I agree that I would like to see a contact scrimmage as well. But the idea of losing any critical players in a meaningless practice is tough to swallow. Risk vs reward, I suppose.

Your obvious logical fallacies aside, I agree that I would like to see a contact scrimmage as well. But the idea of losing any critical players in a meaningless practice is tough to swallow. Risk vs reward, I suppose.
An "obvious logical fallacy" must mean something different to you than it does to me. Injuries happen everywhere. In practice, in games, scrimmages, in the weight room, wherever. If we are worried about injuries during a simulated game, it stands to reason (logical thinking) that we would be concerned about injuries all those other times as well.

In short, it's a stupid reason to not conduct a simulated game.

An "obvious logical fallacy" must mean something different to you than it does to me. Injuries happen everywhere. In practice, in games, scrimmages, in the weight room, wherever. If we are worried about injuries during a simulated game, it stands to reason (logical thinking) that we would be concerned about injuries all those other times as well.

In short, it's a stupid reason to not conduct a simulated game.
Yes, making the leap that I don't think they should play actual games because they might get injured is idiotic on your part.

This isn't a crazy concept. It's the same reason that boxers and MMA fighters spar with helmets and padded gloves- there's simply too much on the line to risk being injured once the real event comes around. If you need more football related evidence, take a look at how Dartmouth College runs their practices.

Back