What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Football Spring Practices start February 22nd

Evan White at the :25 mark... Dude looks like a dude. Between Oliver, Fisher, Laguda, Moeller, Julmisse and White, I'm starting to feel pretty solid about our secondary.
Edit: Throw in Wigley, Miller and Kevin George to that mix for CB as well.

White caught my eye too. My concern is we basically have Laguda and then a bunch of tweeners at the other safety spot

Would those people close to him want you putting it on the net?

That's a good question. Yes, I have spoken to them.

Co-Coordinators are never designed to work. This one won't either.

I am increasingly not impressed with Lindgren's play calling, game management, recruiting nor QB development.

CU can do better. And should.

I am increasingly not impressed with Lindgren's play calling, game management, recruiting nor QB development.

200.webp

That's fair. Honestly, I'm not impressed with Lindgren either really. I want Chev to stick around for a long ass time. Gotta pay the man.

Last edited:
as long as he can still run, he is a perfect safety, especially in those run downs.
Slider makes a good point about the coverage aspect, though. We've been spoiled with Thompson the past few seasons, who was one of the top coverage defenders in the country last year. I'm hoping Fisher emerges as a great coverage guy. He was recruited as a CB, but is now primarily a S, so I think there's hope for him to take up TT's mantle.

I attend an annual coaches clinic here in Colorado every year. Two years ago, both Bobo and Mac brought a good portion of their staff to speak. Most of the coaches I talked with agreed with me in saying Lindgren came across as the least knowledgeable, least personable and most egotistical. Take that FWIW.

Last edited:
White caught my eye too. My concern is we basically have Laguda and then a bunch of tweeners at the other safety spot

I think that we end up with Fisher and Laguda as our starting safeties, backed up by Moeller and White who play a lot on special teams & when we play our "Buff" package... which is basically a 3-2-6 dime set that's not total **** against the run.

Slider makes a good point about the coverage aspect, though. We've been spoiled with Thompson the past few seasons, who was one of the top coverage defenders in the country last year. I'm hoping Fisher emerges as a great coverage guy. He was recruited as a CB, but is now primarily a S, so I think there's hope for him to take up TT's mantle.
Fisher has shown serious flashes. I think he will be a good one. More of a free safety / CB IMO but he has some ball skills.

I attend an annual coaches clinic here in Colorado every year. Two years ago, both Bobo and Mac brought a good portion of their staff to speak. Most of the coaches I talked with agreed with me in saying Lindgren came across as the least knowledgeable, least personable and most egotistical. Take the FWIW.
Outstanding, he better do his ****ing job this year or it's kick rocks time.

I attend an annual coaches clinic here in Colorado every year. Two years ago, both Bobo and Mac brought a good portion of their staff to speak. Most of the coaches I talked with agreed with me in saying Lindgren came across as the least knowledgeable, least personable and most egotistical. Take the FWIW.

The communication skills are my biggest concern. I think he's a playbook wonk, does a great job of designing the season's offense to fit the personnel, and does a great job of game planning. But he's got to be able to get that out of his head and into the QBs' heads along with the rest of the offensive team. That seems to be what Chev is doing along with being a partner in the scheme design.

I attend an annual coaches clinic here in Colorado every year. Two years ago, both Bobo and Mac brought a good portion of their staff to speak. Most of the coaches I talked with agreed with me in saying Lindgren came across as the least knowledgeable, least personable and most egotistical. Take that FWIW.
I assume you're referring to the other high school coaches at the clinic with you and not the other CU coaches that were there.

Fisher has shown serious flashes. I think he will be a good one. More of a free safety / CB IMO but he has some ball skills.

Officially, I think Laguda was listed as a FS while Tedric was listed as a SS. That's not how I think of them, though, since I felt like Tedric was much more the center fielder who also picked up some man coverage responsibilities while Laguda was covering the short and mid-range pass defense and more active in run support with more actual gap responsibilities (versus being a roamer). I see Fisher as more of a Tedric type than a Laguda type, fwiw. I don't know whether to call that a FS or SS in this defense, though.

The communication skills are my biggest concern. I think he's a playbook wonk, does a great job of designing the season's offense to fit the personnel, and does a great job of game planning. But he's got to be able to get that out of his head and into the QBs' heads along with the rest of the offensive team. That seems to be what Chev is doing along with being a partner in the scheme design.
That's concerning as a mofo right there. You are qualified to do it on the white board or paper but can't get it into your players heads? That's an issue.

Given that D-Lee has had some run at DB, we'd really be emptying the barn if we moved Beau over as well.

I was at the Stanford game where Evans looked like a legit P5 back against a solid D. He's a solid backup to Phil this upcoming season, but obviously next year is where things get worrisome.

Back