What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

fusker expansion news-- this is glorious

things the Big 12 would have to offer to bring back CU:

- Kick Baylor the **** out
- Burn the LHN to the ground, replace with the BuffNetwork
- Move league offices to Denver
- CCG is played in Colorado every other year
- Revenue sharing where CU gets same conference money as Texas
- CU AD gets first dibs on TV timeslots
- CSU and AFA are brought in as CU's dingleberries partners to balance out the political influence of the I-35 corridor
- Other B12 teams are forbidden from wearing black jerseys or referring to themselves as Black Shirts.
- Anyone affiliated with Nebraska is recused from top 25 and playoff voting
- The Texas legislature funds a rail project from DEN airport and downtown Denver to Boulder
- Buffs fans drink and eat free at Eskimo Joes (Stillwater), Stubbs (Austin), Freestate Brewery (Lawrence), Haymarket area (Lincoln), Campus Corner (Norman)
- All B12 schools qualify as AAU members
- League funding re-establishes CU Baseball

After all that, **** You. CU still doesn't want to go back to the Big 12.
This is actually pretty reasonable.

The big ten has turned into a money machine. Why on earth would nebraska want to go back to the big 12? Thats crazy.

I hope the morons suggesting that cu wants to go back to the big 12 keep writing this swill, so that i have the a reason to tell big 12 beat writers to go **** themselves on a regular basis.

Boosters up at UND have been talking about NU going back to the Big12, where there is smoke all over the country...

56019227.jpg

There is no way that you are going to see the University of Kansas or the University of Oklahoma in the Pac12 in the coming years. Do you think that the Pac 12 admins are going to let Sam Brownback become involved in academic politics in their conference? Not happening.

There is no way that you are going to see the University of Kansas or the University of Oklahoma in the Pac12 in the coming years. Do you think that the Pac 12 admins are going to let Sam Brownback become involved in academic politics in their conference? Not happening.

That is a great point.

Kansas (the state) is most likely the poster child for everything the Pac 12 presidents don't want to have to deal with politically.

I'm ignorant as to if they have similar issues in Oklahoma, though. I mean, Utah is an extremely conservative state, but they don't seem to be nearly as backward educationally as Kansas, so I don't think it's been a problem. Oklahoma being in the Bible Belt doesn't automatically mean that OU is toxic.

I could have sworn ESPN said last week that the B12 are currently putting expansion plans on hold indefinitely as teams either backed out or did not qualify... ???

Ok, I stopped reading through the thread about half way but here it goes.

I live in the heart of Big 12 country and happen to work for a media company that happens to be the flagship station of the Oklahoma Sooners. So, with that said, I get to hear things from the sports guys on that station and of course the people they interview. Anyways, there is no chance that the bugeaters are leaving the big 10 and returning to the big 12. They are mad right now because they haven't been getting their full share of money as per their deal when they entered the conference. Add to it that Rutgers which we all know is trash is getting a full share. Basically the bugeaters have no one to be mad at but themselves for their ****ty deal. Upset, but staying.
On to Pac 12 expansion...Guys, there won't be a big 12 team leaving that conference until 2020-21 at the earliest. The grant of rights deal that the schools signed is crazy solid and the out is too much to do. We're talking upwards of 30 million (possibly even more as there are lots of variables) that schools would have to pay to leave the conference. Schools aren't going to pay it, and conferences certainly won't pony up the dough to bring those teams in. Even in 2020-21 it would still be a severe buyout but not as much as right now. Grant of rights contract ends 2023-24 but becomes more viable to leave around 2021.
That is, at least what the word is here according to the powers that be.

That is a great point.

Kansas (the state) is most likely the poster child for everything the Pac 12 presidents don't want to have to deal with politically.

I'm ignorant as to if they have similar issues in Oklahoma, though. I mean, Utah is an extremely conservative state, but they don't seem to be nearly as backward educationally as Kansas, so I don't think it's been a problem. Oklahoma being in the Bible Belt doesn't automatically mean that OU is toxic.
David Boren runs OU. Former (D) Senator and Governor. He is a great School President with bi-partisan support and would not carry the same baggage regardless of the politics of the State. Frankly, I think its ridiculous that politics is even a consideration. Academic freedom is a myth.

David Boren runs OU. Former (D) Senator and Governor. He is a great School President with bi-partisan support and would not carry the same baggage regardless of the politics of the State. Frankly, I think its ridiculous that politics is even a consideration. Academic freedom is a myth.
To add to that, OU's campus is far more diverse than CU's. I was completely amazed.

Man, I miss this. It's good to have some good old fashioned Fusker- Buff hatred going on right now. Feels right, somehow. I can't wait until we curb-stomp you guys in Lincoln in a couple of years. Great to hear from you BuffSurveyor!
Poor little BS, he keeps crawling back hoping to make any sort of a relevant contribution here.

I live in the heart of Big 12 country and happen to work for a media company that happens to be the flagship station of the Oklahoma Sooners. So, with that said, I get to hear things from the sports guys on that station and of course the people they interview. Anyways, there is no chance that the bugeaters are leaving the big 10 and returning to the big 12. They are mad right now because they haven't been getting their full share of money as per their deal when they entered the conference. Add to it that Rutgers which we all know is trash is getting a full share. Basically the bugeaters have no one to be mad at but themselves for their ****ty deal. Upset, but staying.
On to Pac 12 expansion...Guys, there won't be a big 12 team leaving that conference until 2020-21 at the earliest. The grant of rights deal that the schools signed is crazy solid and the out is too much to do. We're talking upwards of 30 million (possibly even more as there are lots of variables) that schools would have to pay to leave the conference. Schools aren't going to pay it, and conferences certainly won't pony up the dough to bring those teams in. Even in 2020-21 it would still be a severe buyout but not as much as right now. Grant of rights contract ends 2023-24 but becomes more viable to leave around 2021.
agree with everything except this. until one of these GoR's gets challenged in court, I'm skeptical as to how solid of a flight-mitigation they really are. I guess until that day in court comes, the perception or risk of the GoR being solid has some level of effectiveness.

To add to that, OU's campus is far more diverse than CU's. I was completely amazed.
This had me wondering, what public universities in the US of CU's size or larger (>=30k students) are less (racially) diverse than CU?

My perception of CU, and of Colorado in general, is not one of racial diversity. Turns out my perception didn't exactly match reality as closely as I would've expected.

I found this.

Turns out that CU is less diverse than all other (full member) schools in the Pac (including Utah), but right on par with the Big XII, ACC and SEC and ahead of most of the B1G.

However, surprising to me, CU ranks more diverse than a long list of large public schools: Alabama, Auburn, Kentucky AND Louisville (3 years in Colorado and now I pronounce the 'S' more often than not), NC State, Clemson AND USC-East, Tennessee, Mizzou, Ole Miss, West Virginia. WOW -- looking at that list, CU seems like a really diverse university!

It's been something the admin has been working on for a long time. They have hit a few bumps in the road [cough - ward Churchill - cough] but the intent is good. Sometimes you let good intentions get in the way of solid policy.

The thing is, whenever CU's (or CSU's or UNC's, etc) lack of diversity comes up, you have to remember how lily white Colorado is. We do obviously have a growing latino population, but for the most part, it's crackerland out here.

We also know from the struggles from time to time with athletics, it's hard to recruit kids to come to school where there's not many people of their race. Subtract the athletic recruitment process from the equation, and it probably becomes damn near impossible.

Man, I miss this. It's good to have some good old fashioned Fusker- Buff hatred going on right now. Feels right, somehow. I can't wait until Nebraska curb-stomps Colorado in Lincoln in a couple of years and Boulder the next year after that. Great to hear from you BuffSurveyor!
I agree with the above "fixed" quote (there were some typos).
Anyway who's in charge of the welcoming committee when the second game is played in Boulder. I'm bringing about 16,000 of my Husker friends with me.

Anyway who's in charge of the welcoming committee when the second game is played in Boulder. I'm bringing about 16,000 of my Husker friends with me.

Thanks for the rough estimate.

That means 32,000 piss balloons and 64,000 nail-filled marshmallows.

How many grandmas are coming, so we can get the stair pushing crews prepped?

That's great. I'm sure they'll have a great time watching it from one of the bars around Boulder, just like all the KU hoops fans did when they came into Boulder two years ago.

That's great. I'm sure they'll have a great time watching it from one of the bars around Boulder, just like all the KU hoops fans did when they came into Boulder two years ago.

He still hasn't quite figured it out that this series is seemingly coming at a wonderful time for CU. We're ascending. Nebraska has Mike Riley and no recruiting base.

I'll never forget the interview with Self after that KU hoops game. He said (paraphrasing) " we scheduled this game because it had always been a great trip for our fans. Turns out things aren't like that anymore". I remember all the gayhawk fans on this board talking before the game about how they were going to take over the CEC. When they were asked to check stubhub and report back on the prices and availability for tickets, they suddenly disappeared.

I have no doubt NU will bring their 4,000 or so fans who get their regular allotment. They might get a couple hundred more sprinkled through the stadium, but that'll be it.

I'll never forget the interview with Self after that KU hoops game. He said (paraphrasing) " we scheduled this game because it had always been a great trip for our fans. Turns out things aren't like that anymore". I remember all the gayhawk fans on this board talking before the game about how they were going to take over the CEC. When they were asked to check stubhub and report back on the prices and availability for tickets, they suddenly disappeared.

I have no doubt NU will bring their 4,000 or so fans who get their regular allotment. They might get a couple hundred more sprinkled through the stadium, but that'll be it.

A good number of them will figure out how to ooze their polyester covered selves in. The more that come the more that go home disappointed.

How many fusker kids will cry this time. Actually not many because to be a fusker fan in this era is to know losing. They still beat the little sisters of the poor but they also take multiple butt kickings every year against the decent teams on their schedule.

Only Nebraska could be at the center of a rumor like this-it's that ridiculous. Nevertheless, if there's a way to get OU, I think we've gotta do that as a league. It's another brand, and one that would get the Pac 12 into Texas without adding the horns and their drama.

The money would have to be awesome to invite Okla tucky to the PAC. And Okie lite T Boone Pickens state is a no. Norman is a lame place on the plains, hardly like anyplace in the PAC other than Wazzu. Toothless goobers in Okie just not a cultural fit, but money talks ... and perhaps trumps. Maybe their cheerleaders can learn to say OU and not sound like backwoods illiterates?

The money would have to be awesome to invite Okla tucky to the PAC. And Okie lite T Boone Pickens state is a no. Norman is a lame place on the plains, hardly like anyplace in the PAC other than Wazzu. Toothless goobers in Okie just not a cultural fit, but money talks ... and perhaps trumps. Maybe their cheerleaders can learn to say OU and not sound like backwoods illiterates?

The Wazzou road-trip is awesome, by the way. Hanging out in Cour d'Elaine the night before the game, then driving across the Palouse into Pullman is nothing at all like driving across the prairie from OKC into Stoolwater.

Back