What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Future Series - Texas A&M/CU 2020/2021

Fill out the '23 & '24 TBA slots with UNC both years at home just to piss off CSU. Would make me laugh. A lot.

RG is giving his football head coach all the elements for a successful football program. Glad we are getting back to big boy scheduling.

RG is giving his football head coach all the elements for a successful football program. Glad we are getting back to big boy scheduling.
I sure hope the current HC is up to the task because we don't have a lot of time to start over yet again.

and this dedication goes out to our friends in Ft. Fun...

[video]https://youtu.be/RI4SzEb5tog[/video]

Nice, and normal except around each other and a Johnny Manziel shrine. Also, they go full on lil bro around UT fans.

Came here to say this. Friends with a few Aggies and they aren't weird...unless there's a group of them.

It's far enough out that we don't have to be scheduling cream puffs to make bow games. If it was next year is be peeved.

But at least it's not a one off at aggy. Wtg Bohn

Rick George, IMO, will not allow Mac to continue to flounder (Sorry Flounder). I'd say Mac had better damned well turn this around ASAP. Because RG has just invested over $150,000,000 into this program and I'd bet he has visions of nationally televised games in the near future. That won't happen if we continue to suck. And I also don't think RG will grade Mac on wins alone. He'll factor recruiting success in to it as well. So, Mac, you'd better win and you'd better increase our recruiting rankings. And you'd better start right now.

Rick George, IMO, will not allow Mac to continue to flounder (Sorry Flounder). I'd say Mac had better damned well turn this around ASAP. Because RG has just invested over $150,000,000 into this program and I'd bet he has visions of nationally televised games in the near future. That won't happen if we continue to suck. And I also don't think RG will grade Mac on wins alone. He'll factor recruiting success in to it as well. So, Mac, you'd better win and you'd better increase our recruiting rankings. And you'd better start right now.

Mac has this season and next I believe. If the buffs do not get above 5 wins this year, his seat will get very hot IMO. If they aren't bowling next season he will be gone. Too much money invested to not start showing signs of progress.

Future Series - Texas A&M/CU 2020/2021

too soon.

Also, read an article on the whole bonfire build organization. ****ing weird. Like really weird.

Given the track record on Aggie engineering, it's entirely appropriate that Texas A&M is the creator of Disaster City.

disaster-city_300x200.jpg

https://teex.org/Pages/about-us/disaster-city.aspx

Do not buy it.

MM has been given the best support of any football coach at CU... ever? Well at least since McCartney. If he fails, no excuses

MM has been given the best support of any football coach at CU... ever? Well at least since McCartney. If he fails, no excuses

Agreed about the support but he was also left with nothing so it might take more time than people think.

I've been saying it for months-time for MM to start earning his checks. If last year's close losses don't become close wins this year, RG may make a move this year. One more thing to keep in mind here-MM was hired by Bohn, not RG. I think his fuse might be a little quicker.

I've been saying it for months-time for MM to start earning his checks. If last year's close losses don't become close wins this year, RG may make a move this year. One more thing to keep in mind here-MM was hired by Bohn, not RG. I think his fuse might be a little quicker.

That would require a very very bad season. Embree without the WSU win type season.

Where is this theoretical pressure on MacIntyre going to come from? Not the fanbase.

That there is suddenly going to be a lot of pressure on MacIntyre.

Agree 100%. IMO, as long as MM keeps CU out of bad side of the news off the field, the 3-4 year clock on his job begins this year with the building of the facilities and hiring of JL.

I also agree here. The institutional and financial backing are now in place. The controversial past of Leavitt was not considered when he was hired. Everything is in place and there will be no excuse if he fails, but it won't be determined this year or next.

Agreed about the support but he was also left with nothing so it might take more time than people think.

Yes. They are finally rebuilding the program from the ground up, rather than attempting to simply stop the leaking.

No

Why in the world would RG use recruiting rankings to evaluate? The only thing that matters is what happens on the field and if stuff is controlled off.

What makes you say that? Many on here at least have been consistent in saying this year it is time to step up and start providing results.

It's been his narrative for a while now despite opposing evidence.

Awaiting my next infraction

Last edited:
Expectations among the fanbase have been shredded, to be sure. Had GB gone winless in conference play, he'd have been strung up by his toes. By the time Embree was finished pissing on the ashes of the once-proud CU football program, most fans had long given up hope of any kind of football relevance. From that perspective, it's easy to see why fans won't be calling for MM's head anytime soon. MM is safe for 2015 and 2016, because while it sounds like a lame rationalization, it remains true that he had a monstrous hole to dig out from. The other five teams in our division aren't exactly helping us out, either. We're not operating in a vaccuum, here.

Where is this theoretical pressure on MacIntyre going to come from? Not the fanbase.

RG does not strike as the kind of man that ****s around. If he decides that he has had enough of MM, then it seems like he will make the move.

But I'm an optimist. I see one of the TCU or AM games being a ESPN gameday game with MM at the helm. :gobuffs:

Maybe Duff is saying there are no fans left to apply pressure

A portion of fans are straight up sunshine pumpers that see a fan's duty to salute the coach and salute the AD.
Defenders of the faith may be prone to mistake fan critism directed towards the coach or AD as an assault on the school and on the program.

A portion of fans are into tough love and voice critisms every step of the way, through good times and bad. The curmudgeons hope that their critism is constructive, but it's not uncommon these sour pusses just look like ass holes with a sandy vaj.

Ticket sales and donations are the only true barometer of fan support. And those decisions are made more often than not by individuals than through any sort of fan alliance.

tl;dr. Fans are just the peanut gallery. Leadership must come from within CU.

Back