What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD: 2/15 9 PM on Pac 12 Network: Beating the Cougars tonight

Sounds like I picked a good game to miss. I opted to walk up the hill and watch USF pull off the upset against St. Mary's. I DVRed the Buffs' game but it sounds like I should just delete it.

Why weren't Namon or Bey out there at the end instead of Dom? Dom was having one of his worst games ever. Tad blew this game.

GK was not the problem. 11 rebounds 4 - 4 FT down the stretch. Whether he's hitting from the field or not you must keep him in.
Nikolic 0 - 5 FG, 0fer reb.
Dom 0 - 5 FG, FIVE turnovers, 4 - 9 FT.
We picked a bad week to give up Deleon.

I thought I'd seen Dom Collier play his worst game as a Buff at some point in the last 4 years. Nope. Saved it for tonight. Looked like the old Dom "I'm half asleep and a step slower than everyone else" Collier. 0-5 shooting, 5 fouls, 5 TOs, 4-9 FTs. Wow. That's hard to do against WSU. What is the +/- on that?

WSU goes 7-29 from 3 and beats us. That's hard to fathom.

And I'd be willing to wager that more Pac 12 players have their career highs against the Buffs than any other team. No answer for Flynn whatsoever. Wow.

This was an absolute steaming turd of a game. NIT? Pretty doubtful now. This was the last game we'll be favored this year.

Reactions: DBT
I thought I'd seen Dom Collier play his worst game as a Buff at some point in the last 4 years. Nope. Saved it for tonight. Looked like the old Dom "I'm half asleep and a step slower than everyone else" Collier. 0-5 shooting, 5 fouls, 5 TOs, 4-9 FTs. Wow. That's hard to do against WSU. What is the +/- on that?

WSU goes 7-29 from 3 and beats us. That's hard to fathom.

And I'd be willing to wager that more Pac 12 players have their career highs against the Buffs than any other team. No answer for Flynn whatsoever. Wow.

This was an absolute steaming turd of a game. NIT? Pretty doubtful now. This was the last game we'll be favored this year.
Careful, you'll get labeled a negative nancy if you aren't more sunshiney

Brutal game last night and now a freakOmg brutal five am start to my day. Last night really was a must win to have hope for the tournament. So now we have to reset and focus on the NIT.

On nights like this GK is just not a difference maker. Other than a dribble off his foot I barely noticed him out there....and that ia the problem. Dom on the other hand was noticeable for many things... turnover, bad dribbles, passes to other team, many missed open shots.

Yep and he acknowledged as much in his post game presser.
It sort of doesn’t make sense to me that after the game the coach acknowledges he should have done something different, but a few minutes earlier he didn’t do something differently. I guess it all depends on the outcome, if we’d won somehow by a point, there would be little unhappiness here and Tad’s deficiencies in the game would be mostly ignored. Although during the game they were frequently noted.

It sort of doesn’t make sense to me that after the game the coach acknowledges he should have done something different, but a few minutes earlier he didn’t do something differently. I guess it all depends on the outcome, if we’d won somehow by a point, there would be little unhappiness here and Tad’s deficiencies in the game would be mostly ignored. Although during the game they were frequently noted.

Hindsight is always 20/20

Careful, you'll get labeled a negative nancy if you aren't more sunshiney
One thing to point out facts. Another to say he’s horrible, sucks balls and you can’t wait until he graduates. He’s been a solid contributor this year. He was a big time recruit who could’ve gone anywhere and chose the Buffs. He’s a Buff. Criticizing him for last night is fair. Throwing him under the bus isn’t.

He believes in his guys. It's usually a positive. Tonight it wasn't.

One thing to point out facts. Another to say he’s horrible, sucks balls and you can’t wait until he graduates. He’s been a solid contributor this year. He was a big time recruit who could’ve gone anywhere and chose the Buffs. He’s a Buff. Criticizing him for last night is fair. Throwing him under the bus isn’t.
This. Don't play the victim after going overboard.

I blame this loss 15 percent on Tad for bad coaching, 35 percent on the players for ****ty playing, 38 percent on @buffalo1 for starting the game thread with a jinxy title, 11 percent on @Scotch for not immediately deleting said thread and starting his own, and 1 percent on the rain, yeah, yeah.

I was late yesterday. I humbly apologize and beg AllBuffs forgiveness.

Looking at the standings, a win last night would have put the Buffs tied for 4th with Utah, and a half game up on Washington, Stanford, and Oregon. Opportunity lost to say the least.

Yes @wsp4820 a loss to a team as bad as Wazzou does deserve a milli vanilli reference.

This is a game where Del Brown could have really made a difference... Good news is the future is bright! Bad news, the future is a year away.

I blame this loss 15 percent on Tad for bad coaching, 35 percent on the players for ****ty playing, 38 percent on @buffalo1 for starting the game thread with a jinxy title, 11 percent on @Scotch for not immediately deleting said thread and starting his own, and 1 percent on the rain, yeah, yeah.
Come on man! You left out the refs! Sure we went to the line a lot. But they totally destroyed the rhythm of the game. We need rhythm!

Tad gets a lot of the credit for the loss last night for questionable personnel choices the last 10 minutes, not doing anything different when the other team had one player coming down and scoring over and over again. Also seemed to have forgotten that zone is a defense you can use in the second half. Very impressed and encouraged by Walton's play. He is going to get more confident, stronger and be a force in the coming years. Overall the team is still exceeding my early expectations and hope they get a chance in the NIT.

Back