What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD: Buffs @ Trojans

Scotch

Club Member
Junta Member
CU @ USC

Tip: 8pm MST

TV
: FS1

Radio:
850 KOA

Line: USC -11

Preview:
http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2018/1/...-seek-first-road-win-at-usc-on-wednesday.aspx

The Buffs just had one of the more successful weeks in the Boyle era. The young Buffs went toe to toe with 2 ranked teams and walked away with 2 big wins.

Now they head to Los Angeles to try and get their first road win of the season. The Buffs need to take care of the ball and limit turnovers tonight, and hopefully avoid long scoring droughts. USC is coming off a tough loss to Stanford on Saturday by a half court buzzer beater(Ouch!). Both teams are 2-2 in conference.

GO BUFFS!!!!!

Last edited:
https://www.sbsun.com/2018/01/09/us...to-play-colorado-upset-by-tad-boyle-comments/

DTL5Vx5U8AEW9Z2.jpg

Will we continue our propensity to follow a great homestand by playing like absolute garbage on the road? I don’t understand it, but winning on the road is a huge barrier for us. And I know that’s true for most teams. I just don’t get why we can shoot around 50% at home then on the road less than 40%. And we do it consistently.

Edit: I just read the article in the OP. Says pretty much what I did.

Last edited:
Will we continue our propensity to follow a great homestand by playing like absolute garbage on the road? I don’t understand it, but winning on the road is a huge barrier for us. And I know that’s true for most teams. I just don’t get why we can shoot around 50% at home then on the road less than 40%. And we do it consistently.

Edit: I just read the article in the OP. Says pretty much what I did.

It is a HUGE barrier for just about everyone in college basketball. This is not just a CU problem.

Teams win at home
Teams lose on the road
Great teams win more on road than lose at home (in conference)
Looking at the big picture, both ASU and Arizona accomplished a split this past week.
CU held serve by winning both their home games
Utah is the one with a bad week, that was offset by road sweep the week prior.

Conference play can be so random.

Teams win at home
Teams lose on the road
Great teams win more on road than lose at home (in conference)
Looking at the big picture, both ASU and Arizona accomplished a split this past week.
CU held serve by winning both their home games
Utah is the one with a bad week, that was offset by road sweep the week prior.

Conference play can be so random.

Doug Moe scoring system:

Udub +2

UCLA +1
UA +1
ASU +1

Utah 0
USC 0
Buffs 0

OSU -1
Furd -1
Oregon -1
Cal -1
WSU -1

I understand that. I just can’t grasp how the road is so much tougher than Home.
Familiarity with the environment (baskets, lighting, and background)
The crowd on your side and role players play better at home.
Referee calls favor home team when crowd and momentum swing their way
Travel and altitude (here in Boulder)
They are kids 18-22

Take your pick

I understand that. I just can’t grasp how the road is so much tougher than Home.

Others kind of already said the same thing, but I recall a former NBA player on radio the other day addressing this question. True for both college and NBA i imagine. He said the the baskets really are different in each venue.

So this is interesting. I looked at the numbers of FT and rebounds (my keys to Tadball) and found that we average 8.8 more FT's per game at home than our opponent and close to 1 FT less than our opponents on the road. we are +1.44 at a neutral site. As for rebounding, we average about 1 rebound more than our opponents on the road and a whopping 8 more rebounds at home. (1.1 rebounds more at a neutral site). Our FG % is 46.7% at home and 41% on the road. We also play better defense at home allowing 51% on the road and 47% at home.

So I don't have the Arizona stats loaded yet, but this years team is way worse than average at Tadball on the road.

tadball.JPG

USC is going to definitely want to put one on the Buffs after Tad's comments and the response from their HC. We will see what kind of a response this team gives. I for one do not think they will take much **** from the Condoms but our performance on the road has not been very good. It will be a huge change in character for this squad but the wins against the AZ teams may have changed the self perception of these kids. I hope so

I wouldn't be surprised if Enfield doesn't care that much. He read a statement, prepared by his lawyers, defending his program. Any coach would do that. I'm surprised Miller hasn't done the same. Maybe because it is smarter to say nothing

Curious how the USC locker room talk is, if Enfield says lets show them those are all lies, you know a few of those kids are thinking in the back of their heads about the $$$$ they received. Does he go the route that we are all the same, so lets go ahead and beat them?

Seems that it will be a lot easier for Tad to fire up his team.

With that said, I expect us to get rolled

Back