What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD: Buffs vs. Cats | March 8th @1pm | Pac-12 Network

4 of their 5 starters are gone next year ... and their bench is very very thin and inexperienced.

4 of our 5 return, with 3 more on the bench with significant experience.

Gotta love that.
They also have zero commits right now for 2018. That will definitely change, but maybe we're looking at a rebound cycle coming for the Wildcats where they're a little downtrodden.

FWIW they think no postseason for Buffs:

Hopefully that makes this squad hungry

Definitely going to have to stop following CUSportsNation on Twitter if they are going to be negative nancy types and go with 'most likely finished,' instead of saying CU is still hoping for a birth in the NIT......
Course if M. Wright isn't able to play, it is probably better not to go to the NIT anyway. Any updates on his injury?

Definitely going to have to stop following CUSportsNation on Twitter if they are going to be negative nancy types and go with 'most likely finished,' instead of saying CU is still hoping for a birth in the NIT......
Course if M. Wright isn't able to play, it is probably better not to go to the NIT anyway. Any updates on his injury?
I think, if they get offered even CBI or CIT that Tad should ask George King if he'd like to play or not and leave it up to him.

I think, if they get offered even CBI or CIT that Tad should ask George King if he'd like to play or not and leave it up to him.
Tad already said he wouldn't accept an invite to the CBI again, we're above playing in that tournament.

Couple of games early in the year that this team should and could have won that would have at least made the NIT likely. That is the only regret that I have because that extra practice and playing time is always good, but with Kin injured and the excitement to move towards the team that will be on the court next year, it is OK.

THANK YOU MR. GEORGE KING, and MR. DOM COLLIER, and MR. JOSH REPINE, (And hopefully not TORY MILLER-STEWART who will hopefully come back)

I think that these seniors contributed a lot and provided good leadership this year, their contribution is duly noted :)

NYC Buckets is good on NIT predictions. That update is pre-win over ASU though.

I'm unfamiliar with the 2nd link's accuracy, so no comment.

I think we're in.

Not sure how you can chalk up Harvard as an NIT team when their conference tournament hasn't even started.............that's interesting.

I didn't see Kin's injury, just heard about it. If he rolled it really bad, he would be better off not playing if they were to get an NIT berth. A lot of times, it'll lead to a bigger problem with it.

Not sure how you can chalk up Harvard as an NIT team when their conference tournament hasn't even started.............that's interesting.

Probably automated for any team that has no chance of an at large NCAA birth, but has won their league regular season title. The Ivy having a tournament is still too weird for me. Even if only 4 teams make it.

maybe already discussed, but a huge issue for Tory is that if he comes back, CU can only pay (scholarship) for one year. If he transfers, he can only play one year at the new school, but they can give him 2 years of scholarship money. So he could get his Masters with no debt if he switches. Another ncaa gem.

in the post game, coach Kim English, who was cool, said he thought we had P12 Championship talent. I agree.

I agree with you! This is a pretty poor thing to do. Admitting defeat before defeat would make me feel good about bypassing Colorado if I were on the selection committee. This kind of thing makes its way into the atmosphere. I mean, damn. Show some class, some heart.

Tad already said he wouldn't accept an invite to the CBI again, we're above playing in that tournament.
Just to clarify, Tad said he wouldn’t accept an invite to the CBI, you said we’re above playing in that tournament. My guess is that Tad saw a serious lack of interest from his team when they did the CBI (sort of understandably), and it seems he doesn’t consider the extra practices worth the risked embarrassment of bowing out early to an inferior team, or something along those lines. Can’t disagree.

Just to clarify, Tad said he wouldn’t accept an invite to the CBI, you said we’re above playing in that tournament. My guess is that Tad saw a serious lack of interest from his team when they did the CBI (sort of understandably), and it seems he doesn’t consider the extra practices worth the risked embarrassment of bowing out early to an inferior team, or something along those lines. Can’t disagree.
I'd say Tad basically said we were above it and he's right. Beyond, above, call it what you want.

"I just feel like our program is to the point where we're not going to do that," Boyle said. "Not that I don't think it would be good for this team and especially our young guys. But we're beyond that. I told myself after we played in that the last time that we weren't going to do it again."

"I've thought about it. If there is any team I would consider it with, it would be this team," Boyle said. "But again, I kind of told myself after the last time that our standards would be the NCAA Tournament, and then if we weren't going to be in that the NIT would certainly be worthy. And not that those other tournaments aren't worthy. It's just for us and where our program is and what our standards are, I don't see us going that route."

I'd say Tad basically said we were above it and he's right. Beyond, above, call it what you want.

"I just feel like our program is to the point where we're not going to do that," Boyle said. "Not that I don't think it would be good for this team and especially our young guys. But we're beyond that. I told myself after we played in that the last time that we weren't going to do it again."

"I've thought about it. If there is any team I would consider it with, it would be this team," Boyle said. "But again, I kind of told myself after the last time that our standards would be the NCAA Tournament, and then if we weren't going to be in that the NIT would certainly be worthy. And not that those other tournaments aren't worthy. It's just for us and where our program is and what our standards are, I don't see us going that route."
Well that does pretty much support your statement...

I know this doesn't need to be written, but deserves to be repeated. Getting Kin was just a major coup. What a special player.
Don’t know his history much but he was outstanding in MN high school, not sure why his recruitment was rather limited.

I want to say “we’re lucky we had Derrick White last year and Kin this year” - but Tad & staff convinced them to come, so it wasn’t luck but good recruiting. Of course star backups and alternatives would be great, but we’re not quite the school where a star will sit as a backup just hoping for the privilege of an opportunity to play. For now, keep the Spencers, J Scotts, Whites and Kins coming, and the team will be competitive and hopefully break through into the rankings with adequate supporting cast. We may have that group right now.

When we have an opening, MWright is going to give us an opening with quality transfers who see him as a player driven to win and more than happy to share the ball with others given his high assist numbers. Hard to believe he is a year out of high school. I still see him being a lot better next year.

Just wondering. If the NCAA rules allowed kids to transfer without sitting out a year, like some of you think would be a great thing, wouldn’t we be scared ****less this off season?

Just wondering. If the NCAA rules allowed kids to transfer without sitting out a year, like some of you think would be a great thing, wouldn’t we be scared ****less this off season?
You know who transfers? Guys who aren't getting to play.

You know who transfers? Guys who aren't getting to play.
Probably lots of individual cases but agree that’s the primary scenario. Any reason for Kin to go to a top BB school where he might play less or even backup? Know it sounds unlikely he would lose playing time anywhere, but he’s a star in the PAC12 playing at CU and we’ve got a decent record at the next level for top players at CU.

Where it would hurt (us and other moderately successful programs) is if we developed a strong bench, some of those guys would leave. The overall effect would be even more parity along with injuries to starters playing the pivotal role in the team’s season.

No.

Back