What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD: Buffs @ Wildcats

Went to Tucson without Miller & Battey, Siewert goes down early in the 2nd half, Walton's minutes got limited due to foul trouble, Ayton & Ristic played great... and CU still out rebounded UA in their building in a game that got decided in the final 3 minutes with George King having to try to guard Ayton 1-on-1 much of the 2nd half. It doesn't make sense. There is no reasonable explanation for that to happen except that our guys played their ****ing guts out.
Only the 5th time AZ has been out-rebounded this year, I believe.

The broadcast tonight was FS1. I saw a bit of their pregame "college basketball report" style show. That plus the game and how the post game was handled seemed like a total AZ home town show. I get it the game was in Tucson. I get it that Arizona is one of the better teams. But the whole broadcast seemed to be produced straight out of the Arizona athletic department or local station. Not so appropriate for a national network like FS1.
When is the last time TV didn't explain or show a replay of the basis for a technical foul? Why no mention of all the fouls against Walton that weren't called? az is the P12 BB's best hope, post-season and nationally, no way the Buffs were going to have a fair shot

Deal with it. That’s what comes with playing with the big boys, sucka!!

Boom!

Better have on those big boy pants when the FBI comes to visit again.

Actually I'm a bit confused. I thought the big boys regularly made the final four and took their turns bringing home the trophy. Must be a case of wannabe big boys.

Game Recap

Box Score

I'll admit it, I enjoyed watching a big man like Ayton make every free throw. I know it was a killer for the Buffs, but damn. Good show. The dude's game has Hakeem Olajuwon written all over it. Dear Baby Jesus, for the love of all that is holy, please don't let him become a Laker. I really want to be a fan of his at the next level.

Damn proud of the Buffs last night! They came to play, and if not for some unlikely long range bombs at the end of the shot clock by Arizona, that game goes down to the last seconds. Oh well.

GMFK! The dude is flat out balling right now! 22 points on 6 rebounds with only 2 turnovers.

We need more from Namon. His lack of production was more than noticeable last night.

GO BUFFS!!!

Went to Tucson without Miller & Battey, Siewert goes down early in the 2nd half, Walton's minutes got limited due to foul trouble, Ayton & Ristic played great... and CU still out rebounded UA in their building in a game that got decided in the final 3 minutes with George King having to try to guard Ayton 1-on-1 much of the 2nd half. It doesn't make sense. There is no reasonable explanation for that to happen except that our guys played their ****ing guts out.

Not only did they raise their board game, but also could show how personal they took Saturday's game.

Percentage wise the Buffs shot better from the field and from the arc, took 3 more shots total, and made 3 more shots. UofA shot 15 more free throws and made 17 more......

This just in..... Pac-12 refs still suck

Boom!
Wow, I thought you died, Ace? What happened to pointguardu? Caught up with you and your ilk when folks found out you were paying Book Richardson for inside info? Fake your own death last February, then show up on a CU website? PATHETIC.

Boom!
and deal with the fact that Colorado was clearly the better team last night and 2 weeks ago. Must suck to have to cheat to feel good about yourself.

I don't think I would claim CU was "clearly" the better team last night, in a loss.

I will say though, for the first time in quite a few seasons, I am actually looking forward to our annual date in Las Vegas this year.

GMFK wants it so much more this year. I was afraid earlier in the season that Kin-takeover-mode was the only way we would fight back in games, but George has showed some serious drive in recent games. UCLA and last night he was a fighter and a spark. These are the kinda things that make me think we *could* string together some wins in Vegas.

I have been doing my best not to comment as much during the games, but I had to chime in and just say that this team is so damn much fun to watch. Sure there are moments where I get frustrated, but this team never quits. Some of the freshman are already achieving and even the ones that aren't, are clearly capable....its just a matter of when things fully click. Regardless of what happens the rest of the year, I have no doubts that the future of CU basketball is bright.

Love Tad and this team. They play hard, listen and welcome coaching and just plain bust ass. Great effort and in a place and under circumstances where it would be easy to have gotten rolled. This team is going to be so fun to watch the rest of the year and over the next several.

Road play has been impressive since Oregon. Guess nobody told the Freshmen that’s not our tradition.(Shhh...delete this post before they see it...)

Back