What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD - Colorado at Cal 5pm MT (P12N)

I still cringe when fans thank MM for "rebuilding" us and making us sooo much better.

Thank you for all the extra points and penalties. Probably wouldn't have scored without the assistance. We tried our best to "coug" it for you but it just was not to be.

Good luck with your new coaching hire and may you have a good recruiting cycle.

Man there are a lot of accusations in this thread that are based on more of a mob mentality then reality.
True. But I would also say that this game was a microcosm of the season and the type of team we have. People saying there is p,enty in the cupboard for the next coach need to reassess. Our OL is straight bad, our RBs are mediocre, our DBs are just not very good and our QB is hugely overrated.

Thank you for all the extra points and penalties. Probably wouldn't have scored without the assistance. We tried our best to "coug" it for you but it just was not to be.

Congrats Flukes. Good luck against Furd.

And I am suddenly partially cheered up!!!

no thanks for the gazillion turnovers?

And we now return you to your regularly scheduled life.
That's the thing - I look forward to CFB season and watching the Buffs all year....now it's over and I can't say I enjoyed it this year. Except 'braska. I enjoyed the Husker game. ASU and UCLA weren't bad, but not particularly inspired wins. Ever since ASU my enjoyment has been flatly lower than it would have been if I had spent that time doing something more productive with my Saturday.

True. But I would also say that this game was a microcosm of the season and the type of team we have. People saying there is p,enty in the cupboard for the next coach need to reassess. Our OL is straight bad, our RBs are mediocre, our DBs are just not very good and our QB is hugely overrated.

OL needs some Recruiting, heck yeah
RB's need to see what they have in Fontenot and the others, and maybe another Grad Transfer
The QB Room is loaded with some really good QB's

The right coach can come in and win at least 6-7 games, although I am just praying that we can beat the Huskers again!!!

Ok, but that has nothing to do with Jay Mac and accusations that he’s purposely dogging it and not catching passes because he’s made about his dad. Calling somebody’s ingetrity and character out like that is a pretty serious claim, especially when it’s a kid like Jay who has been a great player for CU.

Good game, Flukes! Please note that I did not indicate when you were going to get it.

MM turned us into a higher quality G5 team, which was an improvement, but still nowhere near good enough. There is some serious talent in places (thanks in large part to Chev) but there’s still so little depth and we are so weak in a lot of the areas that really matter. The team could give a heck of a fight to a lot of teams in the nation, but ultimately there’s just not enough talent, speed, size, etc to get them over the hump playing almost exclusively a P5 schedule, which is how you could define most good G5 teams.

Frustrating season but I’m glad it’s over and I’m hopeful that we can recruit a ton more like 2017 (and better) than what MM did the rest of the time here. No more classes in the ****ing 60s and 70s.

Watching ND v USC. Reminds me of what blocking looks like. Doesn’t even have to be for long. Just good positioning and wide base. Geez.

Thanks, you have a hell of a half a team. What is the plan to get a real offense?
First, Beau Baldwin needs to go. Want him? I wouldn’t suggest it. I like you guys. We seriously need to recruit better talent on offense and this staff has not been able to do that at all. Hopefully, we can get a competent big time OC and convince some kids to come to Berkeley with the combo of early PT and an amazing defense.

Ok, but that has nothing to do with Jay Mac and accusations that he’s purposely dogging it and not catching passes because he’s made about his dad. Calling somebody’s ingetrity and character out like that is a pretty serious claim, especially when it’s a kid like Jay who has been a great player for CU.
Watch it at full speed. I stand by what I saw initially and previously in the game. In hindsight, it's likely he just wasn't all there tonight which is to be expected.

Back