What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD: Sun Devils @ Buffs

Scotch

Club Member
Junta Member
#4 Arizona State @ CU

Tip: 6:30pm MST

TV
: Pac-12 Net(BOOOOOO)

Radio:
850 KOA

Line: ASU -8.5

Preview:
http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2018/1/3/mens-basketball-buffs-set-for-visit-from-no-4-sun-devils.aspx

So the Sun Devils are a top 5 team. I'm going to repeat that: Arizona St. is a top 5 team.

HOW THE **** DID THAT HAPPEN?!?!?!

ASU is coming off a close loss to their hated in state rival UofA in Tucson, which also happened to be their first loss of the year. Hurley has his boys playing well at the moment. I still have to do a double take when I look at the rankings and see them in the top 5.

and the Buffs, well..... they're young, inexperienced, extremely turnover prone, aren't the best shooting team(nothing new in Tadball land) etc. etc. , but they do put up a fight. Not expecting a win and tonight will probably have plenty of 'teaching opportunities' for Boyle and his staff. But hey, the game is in Boulder and stranger things have happened(Like ASU being 12-1 and ranked 4th. I mean WTF?!?!).

GO BUFFS!!!

I'm not optimistic. Either about the game or about my ****ty P12 Network login working so I can watch the game in my hotel room. I'd like to see Brown continue to start and be put on Holder. I wonder if we're gonna try to take the air out of the ball. We won't face a better offense this season, so we need to minimize the chances. ASU gets a lot of their points on FT's, so that does play into our hands a bit.

But man, ASU is good....

Both programs are G**D*** cheaters, so I hope their charter flight was awash in the norovirus.

I'm not optimistic. Either about the game or about my ****ty P12 Network login working so I can watch the game in my hotel room. I'd like to see Brown continue to start and be put on Holder. I wonder if we're gonna try to take the air out of the ball. We won't face a better offense this season, so we need to minimize the chances. ASU gets a lot of their points on FT's, so that does play into our hands a bit.

But man, ASU is good....

Taking air out of the ball might be difficult with ASU pressure. Dont need to take air but just protect the ball. No live ball turnovers.
Hope for a large and enthusiastic crowd, that ASU takes Buffs lightly, and a good/great shooting night from Wrights and King.

This is going to come off as a homer post due to my handle, and I'm not saying that ASU is clean right now... ...but Hurley is proving to be a damn good coach for the moment. I do wonder if his dogged approach/mentality will last, or if players will tire of it when the going gets tough. Still, it's not ALL cheating at ASU.

With that, not expecting it, but hope Buffs are firing on all cylinders and do something unexpected.

Both programs? It's CU v asu.....how does CU cheat? If CU cheats, not doing a good job of it based on the record.
ASU and UofA. Opponents this weekend. Travel together. Charter flight. Both have rumors swirling that they are dirty.

ASU and UofA. Opponents this weekend. Travel together. Charter flight. Both have rumors swirling that they are dirty.

Ok, gotcha. I'm still angry about things like arizona miller's assistant investigated for cash payments, uncarolina fixing classes and grades and yet a solid young man like Battey makes a very solid choice early in high school to focus on MORE education and now being penalized. Since when is it BAD for a student to intentionally opt for more education?

This is going to come off as a homer post due to my handle, and I'm not saying that ASU is clean right now... ...but Hurley is proving to be a damn good coach for the moment. I do wonder if his dogged approach/mentality will last, or if players will tire of it when the going gets tough. Still, it's not ALL cheating at ASU.

With that, not expecting it, but hope Buffs are firing on all cylinders and do something unexpected.

Remember this?

Remember this?

Unfortunately not - my earliest memories of sports is from that time period, but didn't get to watch all the games or follow as a true fan until middle/high school. I imagine a lot of GaTech fans love that play though. Hurley was a tough kid...had sort of a whiny face, but was a tough kid.

I'm headed to my first game here tonight! Excited for it.
Do have a question: Where do people usually park? I have not been around Boulder much. I know I will have to walk some distance but hoping not extremely far Haha.

I'm headed to my first game here tonight! Excited for it.
Do have a question: Where do people usually park? I have not been around Boulder much. I know I will have to walk some distance but hoping not extremely far Haha.
There is a garage then a surface lot directly next to that on the north side of the Coors Event Center. Very easy in and out.

**** this announcer and **** these refs. That was a total 1000% charge.

I'd say we are defending alright...that second foul on Dallas was 100% Kin's fault for taking a terrible shot, we need to attack the zone, same old story

Back