What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD: Sun Devils @ Buffs

So ****ing happy right now!

Not gonna read the 5 pages til later, but if any of you spent most of the night bitching I just want to say that I pity you.

I would understand bitching during the first 4 or 5 minutes. After that though, that was a very very enjoyable ride.

It's fitting after CU fans harped on and on the last few weeks about Hurley and ASU as an argument against Tad and how great Hurley was, Tad beats them with a game in the style of so many big home wins he's pulled off. No, we're not where we want to be, but **** ASU anyways.

So ****ing happy right now!

Not gonna read the 5 pages til later, but if any of you spent most of the night bitching I just want to say that I pity you.
I admit I espoused a few hints of frustration, haha. Mainly because I was afraid we were going to piss away an awesome win. But even if we’d lost in OT, there would have been nothing but pride at how we played tonight. Winning validates how great we played......and coached.

I accidentally stumbled onto the potential game-winning strategy for the Buffs from here on out. I first tuned into the game with them down already 11-1 ... immediately switched to other programs, as with all that's gone on in the world lately, I don't need something else adding to my blood pressure.

And I deliberately avoided the game until I tuned into it with less than 2 minutes to go ... and we had, what a 4 or 5 point lead and the ball? And *poof* just like that ... the game is tied and winds up going to OT. I vowed to myself not to watch the OT, since I was obviously a jinx.

However, unable to keep my vow I checked in regularly ... only to note that at first the CU lead was about 5 ... and then was almost immediately reduced to one. Fortunately I managed to abstain until almost the very end of the game, and by then it was clear we would win.

So ... from now on I will not be watching the games until there is only a 6 or 7 minuted left in the game. Of course, I could follow the "game day" thread in order to keep up on the progress of the game ... but given a quick review of the thread tonight, that may not be such good news for my BP either.

But to make a long story short (I know ... too late) ... you're all welcome! :D

I accidentally stumbled onto the potential game-winning strategy for the Buffs from here on out. I first tuned into the game with them down already 11-1 ... immediately switched to other programs, as with all that's gone on in the world lately, I don't need something else adding to my blood pressure.

And I deliberately avoided the game until I tuned into it with less than 2 minutes to go ... and we had, what a 4 or 5 point lead and the ball? And *poof* just like that ... the game is tied and winds up going to OT. I vowed to myself not to watch the OT, since I was obviously a jinx.

However, unable to keep my vow I checked in regularly ... only to note that at first the CU lead was about 5 ... and then was almost immediately reduced to one. Fortunately I managed to abstain until almost the very end of the game, and by then it was clear we would win.

So ... from now on I will not be watching the games until there is only a 6 or 7 minuted left in the game. Of course, I could follow the "game day" thread in order to keep up on the progress of the game ... but given a quick review of the thread tonight, that may not be such good news for my BP either.

But to make a long story short (I know ... too late) ... you're all welcome! :D
Meh. We would’ve won regardless.

There are some trolls missing in this thread. Weird.

That game was so much fun. Great job battling back from a terrible start. Tra Holder is really really good, but Kin went toe to toe with him. Big contributions from Dallas, Tyler, Namon among others. Really good all around performance.

There will be some more clunkers along the way this year, but this team has so much potential the next few years.

Let em enjoy it.
Oh, I'm happy for them. I have no problem with the storming (I probably would have joined them when I was a student - especially because those years were lean in the wins department) and enjoying the great win. pointing out that they look dumb chanting that a team is overrated and then storming the court less than a minute later. Dropping the stupid overrated chant takes care of that (I always hated that chant and never did it - it's a basketball crowd pet peeve of mine).

I'm intrigued to see that you've attempted to join the negativity police. J/K.

That was so much ****ing fun tonight. So many huge performances and a damn good coaching job by Tadd. This team is young and exciting. Enjoy it when it is this good
Yeah, I was really happy with the moves Tad made. That's about the only thing I agreed with the homer ASU announcer on. I hope I make it back into town for AZ.

You obviously do not subscribe to chaos theory ... or the "observer effect" in quantum physics either. And here I thought you were an educated man.
I’ve started reading science books. Now I’m reading “Understanding Thermodynamics.” Maybe the “observer effect” is similar to conservation of energy and equilibrium. So when you start watching with your bad mojo you bring the game into equilibrium and thus overtime?

Back