What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Week - CSU

Trivia question -

What is 42, 37, 49, 46, 63, 50, 58 ?

The numbers of CSU fans who will begin filing out of the stadium during the first 7 minutes of the 4th Qtr. Then it snowballs.

And...the number of individual salty tears that Freddie The Ram sheds during the first 7 minutes of the 4th.

The numbers of CSU fans who will begin filing out of the stadium during the first 7 minutes of the 4th Qtr. Then it snowballs.

And...the number of individual salty tears that Freddie The Ram sheds during the first 7 minutes of the 4th.
sure hope you are right .....
seriously though .... what are those numbers ?

How to blow up CSU offense: give Stephens too much to think about...brain overload. Disguise coverage and dial up blitzes of every variety. We did a great job of that last year...

I'm mainly excited to see our offense. Legit oline, one of the tome receiving corp's in the country, great RB, and a dynamic QB who might be the best natural passer we've had in a looonnnggg time.

If Montez can make the right decisions with the ball, then there could be some fireworks from CU on Friday

If I was the CSU coach, I'd make Montez beat me. Load the box and keep Lindsay from taking over the game. They can't play us straight up. We have too much strength, size and depth for them to even try it. They have to overload one part of the field and hope we make mistakes in the other. Montez needs to be the man on Friday.

If I was the CSU coach, I'd make Montez beat me. Load the box and keep Lindsay from taking over the game. They can't play us straight up. We have too much strength, size and depth for them to even try it. They have to overload one part of the field and hope we make mistakes in the other. Montez needs to be the man on Friday.

Defensively, they're screwed. They can't do what you're saying and put 7 guys in the box because they have no one to cover Fields, Ross, Bobo, Winfree, etc. man-to-man. Nor can they play nickel or dime defense all game because then our OL and Lindsay will eat them alive.

Defensively, they're screwed. They can't do what you're saying and put 7 guys in the box because they have no one to cover Fields, Ross, Bobo, Winfree, etc. man-to-man. Nor can they play nickel or dime defense all game because then our OL and Lindsay will eat them alive.
They have to pick their poison. Either get eaten alive by a steady diet of Lindsay or skewered by Montez. The likelihood of Lindsay making a bunch of mistakes is pretty low. They have to hope they can force Montez into a few bad decisions, while keeping the running game in check. Montez needs to step up. I believe he will. But this is his first game where it's his team. It will be interesting to see how he handles that.

They have to pick their poison. Either get eaten alive by a steady diet of Lindsay or skewered by Montez. The likelihood of Lindsay making a bunch of mistakes is pretty low. They have to hope they can force Montez into a few bad decisions, while keeping the running game in check. Montez needs to step up. I believe he will. But this is his first game where it's his team. It will be interesting to see how he handles that.
I like the fact that Montez can hurt them both through the air and on the ground.

My biggest worry is if CSU has long sustained drives. Even with the hype behind our offense, I imagine we may have some early 3-and-outs with a young quarterback.

Across the board we are a better team. You are right in that we can beat them either way.

The chances of us making a mistake on any given play is much higher when we are throwing the ball but the overall chance of us making a mistake is higher the more plays it takes for us to move the ball and score.

If they try to make us beat them over the top we will. Our receivers will light up the scoreboard and they won't be able to keep up.

Force us to run and on any given long drive they have a chance of us turning the ball over or making a mistake like a penalty or blown play to kill the drive.

Their best hope is to keep the score down, keep us in range, and hope for one or two big plays late to turn the game in their favor. If it turns into a scoring fest we win big, keep the score down and they have a punchers chance.

My biggest worry is if CSU has long sustained drives. Even with the hype behind our offense, I imagine we may have some early 3-and-outs with a young quarterback.

I wouldn't call him young. It's his third year in the program and he's played in some hostile environments.

Montez has to protect the ball. 1 or less TO and we win
I tend to agree with this sentiment, but I'd look at net turnovers.

If we're 0 or +, we win.
If we're -1, I still think we win, but it's gonna be close.
If we're -2, I do not like our chances at all.

I think we stop CSU's offense with our Offense
I think it was Yogi Berra who said, "The best defense is a good offense."

The Buffs have given csu plenty of bulletin board material this week. If they back it up in the first quarter, I think it works in our favor. If not, the rammies might begin to feel like they really can hang.

Our offense is better than CSU's offense, agreed?
Our defense is better than CSU's defense, agreed?

All we need to do is avoid playing special teams at all and we should be fine.
Seemed to work well in last years game. I'm in on this philosophy!!

Back