What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- #20/18 WOMEN'S BBall hosts Le Moyne (Wed., 11/8/23, 6:00 PM MT; Free stream) & Oklahoma State (Sunday, 4:00 PM MT; Pac 12 Network)

I'm somewhat curious what led Howell to break pattern in that tweet and type out a complete sentence for WSU.
Shouldn’t you be more curious why he abbreviated USC and UCLA?

Also, he didn’t break pattern. He gave teams in the top ten a sentence and a list.

He gave the team outside the top ten a sentence, but it would have been weird to make a list of one team. To my way of thinking, he presented the information in the most consistent and logical way.

I'm somewhat curious what led Howell to break pattern in that tweet and type out a complete sentence for WSU.
Not that I understand Brian Howell’s brain but I think the top of the tweet is written about the teams in the top 10, which is why it’s formatted in one way. The blurb about WSU is more of an addendum.

Not that I understand Brian Howell’s brain but I think the top of the tweet is written about the teams in the top 10, which is why it’s formatted in one way. The blurb about WSU is more of an addendum.
taking a closer look at the leading text, that does make sense

As for the OSU game. Great to be there in person! The crowd really responded when CU took the lead back in the fourth quarter. It's been a while since it's been that loud at non-conference game.

It really was the tale of shooting percentage for both teams. CU got off to a fine start but wow, what a crazy second period. The Buffs were not able to hit the broad side of a barn - going 0 for 5 from beyond the arc (they scored 11 total in the quarter). At the same time, OSU couldn't miss going 5-7 from deep. Both played a major role in OSU taking the lead and holding it into the 4th. Both teams were getting the same types of good looks from deep.

The third quarter was a bit like the second shooting wise. The Buffs continued to struggle going 1-7 while OSU was 4-7. Then the fourth quarter came along and CU turned up the intensity, started hitting shots and absolutely took control, outscoring the Cowboys 30-16! The defense was better while the rebounding continued to be solid while they were able to convert turnovers into points.

Aaronette Vonleh continues to play at an extremely high level on the offensive end. She is nimble and deadly around the basket. For the season she is 23-31 from the field; in this game she was 6-7. Also, her free throw shooting is better as well.

I'm not sure Jaylyn Sherrod had her best game. She was playing too fast at times and that led to a couple of charging calls which cut down her playing time.

Okie State had a solid game plan on both ends. They were able to get in front of Sherrod to get the charges thus cutting down her playing time. Also by playing a perimeter oriented game they also limited Vonleh's minutes as she and Quay Miller traded time for much of the game.

Quay Milller continues to struggle with her shooting and at the same time has a positive impact on the game.

Congrats to Ms. Vonleh!

Direct link to article - https://cubuffs.com/news/2023/11/13...eh-earns-first-pac-12-player-of-the-week.aspx

"
BOULDER – Colorado junior center Aaronette Vonleh secured the conference's first Player of the Week honor of the 2023-24 season as announced by the Pac-12 office on Monday.

The conference honor is the first of Vonleh's career. It's just the eighth Player of the Week honor for the program since joining the Pac-12 in 2011-12.

The Bend, Ore., native, averaged 18.3 points, 7.0 rebounds and 3.0 assists in CU's first three games. Vonleh ranks ninth nationally with 23 field goals and is third in the Pac-12 – 24th in the NCAA – with a 74.2 field goal %.
Vonleh opened the 2023-24 campaign with a 24-point, six-rebound performance against then No. 1 LSU. She was 7-for-10 shooting in the second half, totaling 15 points. Vonleh finished 11-for-15 from the field and was a +25 in her 31 minutes on the floor.

She followed up her opening-night numbers with her first double-double of the year against Le Moyne. She posted 13 points and a career-high 11 rebounds. Vonleh then led the team with 18 points, going 6-for-7 in CU's come-from-behind win over Oklahoma State.

Vonleh and the newly minted No. 5 Buffs will travel to SMU to take on the Mustangs on Saturday night (7 p.m. MT).

"

Back